AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Love the Mod. This is almost exactly what have been looking for.

One question, Is there a way to make the clock bigger & centered on the blank screen?

And possibly add the date?

I searched, but did not see this referenced in any other posts.

Thanks for putting this together.

--Dave

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question, Is there a way to make the clock bigger & centered on the blank screen?

--Dave

i'll work on it and put it on the next update

--Dave

This is what i did that suited me.

by adding this code into navigatemap_800_480.ini

;Time on blank screen

;DATE

post-17521-12872759331489_thumb.gif

--Dave

This is what i did that suited me.

by adding this code into navigatemap_800_480.ini

;Time on blank screen

;DATE

[attachment=0]ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 18 10.16.gif[/attachment]

Thanks, that was perfect.

Now what I am looking for is how to change the following:

1. When you have a route, at the bottom of the screen it will show how long it estimates it will take to get to the destination. I would like to change this to show the estimated time of arrival instead. I know the variable to use (textmodel_time="navigation.eta_at_destination"), but I cannot find where to make the change to use this instead.

2. I would like to change the elevation to show feet instead of miles. Is this possible?

Thanks again...

--Dave

Thanks, that was perfect.

Now what I am looking for is how to change the following:

1. When you have a route, at the bottom of the screen it will show how long it estimates it will take to get to the destination. I would like to change this to show the estimated time of arrival instead. I know the variable to use (textmodel_time="navigation.eta_at_destination"), but I cannot find where to make the change to use this instead.

2. I would like to change the elevation to show feet instead of miles. Is this possible?

Thanks again...

--Dave

you could change it on the displayed info setting

IDT, regarding the speed camera warnings that you are looking into, I just wondered how easy would it be to add the following as an option?

Instead of a voice warning as you approach every camera and/or a beep when you are over the speed limit as you approach, I think a really good option would be just a voice warning ONLY if you are over the limit on approach.

Because we have so damn many cameras in the UK, a warning as you approach each one soon gets very irritating, so I tend to turn that off and just use the over limit beep. That alerts you OK but obviously doesn't give you a confirmation of the actual limit. A voice warning of "Speed Camera 40" etc that only occurs if you are over that speed would be absolutly perfect IMO.

I've just done a 180 mile trip and I have to say that the system is now virtually perfect. I cannot praise you enough for the work you have done turning a clunky, crappy bit of firmware into the slick product it now is.

IDT, regarding the speed camera warnings that you are looking into, I just wondered how easy would it be to add the following as an option?

Instead of a voice warning as you approach every camera and/or a beep when you are over the speed limit as you approach, I think a really good option would be just a voice warning ONLY if you are over the limit on approach.

Because we have so damn many cameras in the UK, a warning as you approach each one soon gets very irritating, so I tend to turn that off and just use the over limit beep. That alerts you OK but obviously doesn't give you a confirmation of the actual limit. A voice warning of "Speed Camera 40" etc that only occurs if you are over that speed would be absolutly perfect IMO.

I've just done a 180 mile trip and I have to say that the system is now virtually perfect. I cannot praise you enough for the work you have done turning a clunky, crappy bit of firmware into the slick product it now is.

i'm currently working on speedcamera alerts and settings, i think it would take a while before i get this done as it's sooo complicated,

i'm currently working on speedcamera alerts and settings, i think it would take a while before i get this done as it's sooo complicated,

I understand. It would be the cherry on the icing on the cake, so if it can be done eventually then great, if not, no worries.

FOR USERS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SPEEDCAM REBOOTS

please post your speedcam.txt files here as i'm currently working on getting this thing fixed

If the speedcam file is big enough that processing it takes longer than MainMenu's timeout, it thinks that Navi locked up and reboots the unit.

What you want to do is after copying speedcam.txt over, launch EzRider straight from TestMode. It'll crunch the file without anything rebooting the unit. Once it is done, you can restart the unit normally.

FOR USERS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SPEEDCAM REBOOTS

please post your speedcam.txt files here as i'm currently working on getting this thing fixed

If the speedcam file is big enough that processing it takes longer than MainMenu's timeout, it thinks that Navi locked up and reboots the unit.

What you want to do is after copying speedcam.txt over, launch EzRider straight from TestMode. It'll crunch the file without anything rebooting the unit. Once it is done, you can restart the unit normally.

but that's not the case, the reboot happens when approaching a camera,