AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

And you can then browse to "illdietrying" directory and the "3.0" directory? I cant get into "3.0"without it asking for a password again. I can access the root and the "illdietrying" portion and download the older 4.2 with no problem, but was looking for 3.0 firmware 4.3 download :(

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/

I have just used the address above and got straight in.

Yes,no problems.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I remove the shortcut icons on the main map page...the ones that dim at the top of my screen...home,route,prefs,etc...This is a great theme bro! Thanks for your hard work in making our devices more enjoyable.

the next update has a setting for it to be turned on/off and a selection on how dim you want it to be.

IDT:

First of all, thaks for dedicating so much time and efford to this mod. Overall it is a great aplication and I'm enyoing playing with it.

However, and please don't take this as a complaint there are some things that don't work for me.

1) I seem to have the same problem as many people with the seedcam reboots. Here in Madrid (Spain) there are so many that the sistem is rebooting most of of the time. I've turn off the voice warnings and the problem seems to stop so I guess it has something to do with that.

2) The default tilt and zoom makes it absolutly imposible to navegate. I have to say that it looks great but it isn't at all practical specially when you don't have a route plugged in. I've been playing arround with the "d_max_tiltlevel"

and "3d_max_zoomlevel" but can't seem to find the ones i want (between yours and the factory default) and it's really a pain to have to do it by modifing the Sys.txt file. Could it be posible to add a section in the 3D settings to modify this default and max values?. I've seen it done on other mods.

3) This is probably my fault but i can't access this

file.php?id=8109&mode=view

or this

file.php?id=8108&mode=view

I'm using the EU version of the mod. Can you please tell how to access them?

Thanks for your attention and count with my donation very soon.

IDT:

First of all, thaks for dedicating so much time and efford to this mod. Overall it is a great aplication and I'm enyoing playing with it.

However, and please don't take this as a complaint there are some things that don't work for me.

Thanks for your attention and count with my donation very soon.

1) I seem to have the same problem as many people with the seedcam reboots. Here in Madrid (Spain) there are so many that the sistem is rebooting most of of the time. I've turn off the voice warnings and the problem seems to stop so I guess it has something to do with that.

i have fixed this and tested it and have a couple of testers checking if it indeed is working properly, hopefully i'll have a feedback soon but as far as i have used it everything is working ok,

2) The default tilt and zoom makes it absolutly imposible to navegate. I have to say that it looks great but it isn't at all practical specially when you don't have a route plugged in. I've been playing arround with the "d_max_tiltlevel"

and "3d_max_zoomlevel" but can't seem to find the ones i want (between yours and the factory default) and it's really a pain to have to do it by modifing the Sys.txt file. Could it be posible to add a section in the 3D settings to modify this default and max values?. I've seen it done on other mods.

doesn't the zoom and tilt level get saved when you turn your unit off? also do you manually adjust the zoom and tilt and do you have the smart zoom turned on?

3) This is probably my fault but i can't access this

file.php?id=8109&mode=view

or this

file.php?id=8108&mode=view

I'm using the EU version of the mod. Can you please tell how to access them?

you have the press and hold the time/date/compass area to get to picture 1 and to get to picture 2 you just have to press it

Hi IDT..

All I can say is You have done excellent job. It makes a huge difference to the factory options.

I have few more questions:

1. Jpeg File viewer from SD Or USB drive?

2. Adding codecs to be able to play Xvid files? Or say can we add VLC media player to make it play any type of Video fiels?

3. How can I save my existing destination as Favorite? Say I am parked at Niagara Falls NY. And I want to save its destination in my favorite or POI, I tried to do it different ways.. I have yet to find out how to do that. ( I am so used to use Garmin Nuvi.. I carry it with me..as I can not add a location where I am parked at.)

EDIT: Oh yea. I have updated my F900bt to latest 3.010100 and maps to 2.00400 but when I go to WinCE>ControlPanel>System it shows I still have CE ver 5.0 and not 6.xx.xxx or something like that.. when I was upgrading to 3.010100 it showed that upgrade will include CE ver 6+ but then why system still shows older?

Really appreciate. Thank you so very much.

:D

sorry but i don't have any answer for all of your questions, it's out of my league

IDT, regarding the speed camera warnings that you are looking into, I just wondered how easy would it be to add the following as an option?

Instead of a voice warning as you approach every camera and/or a beep when you are over the speed limit as you approach, I think a really good option would be just a voice warning ONLY if you are over the limit on approach.

Because we have so damn many cameras in the UK, a warning as you approach each one soon gets very irritating, so I tend to turn that off and just use the over limit beep. That alerts you OK but obviously doesn't give you a confirmation of the actual limit. A voice warning of "Speed Camera 40" etc that only occurs if you are over that speed would be absolutly perfect IMO.

I've just done a 180 mile trip and I have to say that the system is now virtually perfect. I cannot praise you enough for the work you have done turning a clunky, crappy bit of firmware into the slick product it now is.

that's a good idea, i'll have it on the next update for sure

i have fixed this and tested it and have a couple of testers checking if it indeed is working properly, hopefully i'll have a feedback soon but as far as i have used it everything is working ok,

Great. This was really bothering me. You're the MAN. :D

doesn't the zoom and tilt level get saved when you turn your unit off? also do you manually adjust the zoom and tilt and do you have the smart zoom turned on?

Don't really know what you mean. I have made tests with smartzoom on and off. Changing the SYS.txt values to 9500 tilt and 750 zoom don't seem to have any effect. The view i get whet i turn on the unit is mostly the same i get with your 8800 and 1500 values. I've tried with tilt 10000 and zoom 500 and the view i get is very similar to the one i get if I erase the values completetly. Can't seem to find the values in between. When I change manually using the knob for zoom and the screen for tilt, i finally get the view i want but nor it stays after a reboot not will it be the default view with smarzoom turned on. On both ocassions it will revert back to the original settings.

Dont' know if i made any sense with this explanation. :D:D:D

you have the press and hold the time/date/compass area to get to picture 1 and to get to picture 2 you just have to press it

I told you it was my fault. :D:D:D:D Thanks for the tip.

Hi IDT.Can you tell me if there are a lot of differences between 3.0-3.5 EU and 3.0-4 ?I couldn't get my traffic to work on 3.0-V4 but loved all the features like cruise info etc.I have reinstalled 3.5EU and now the traffic works but I can't get onto the cruise screen.Keep up the great work and thanks for all your help.

Ok, very new to this forum. Please be gentle guys. If I wanted to apply the lastest version of the IDT 3.0 Mod, what needs to be copied, just the Data.zip file or other files as well? Also, can anyone point me to a thread that will tell me how to back up my existing file(s)? I have a AVIC-f900BT unit and I just upgraded to the latest maps Ver 2.0 and the Pioneer 3.0 system. Everything seems to work fine, but I am very dissapointed in the very few enhancements Pioneer has made to the UI. Can anyone tell me why this $1000 radio and nav system cannot display the text data being broadcasted by conventional FM stations? My factory GM radio could do that! Any help would be greatly appreciated.