AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that's a map problem, hopefully we get the hacked ezrider soon as the new maps are so bugy

my accuracy is off by inconsistent amounts, i dont think we'll do any better than 0-40 ft off depending on circumstance..... its the technology, maps, cpu's, atmospheric conditions, displays, software..... etc...etc..

i think that's a map problem, hopefully we get the hacked ezrider soon as the new maps are so bugy

my accuracy is off by inconsistent amounts, i dont think we'll do any better than 0-40 ft off depending on circumstance..... its the technology, maps, cpu's, atmospheric conditions, displays, software..... etc...etc..

true to that but with 2.0 I was dead on,

do you think maybe reseting the system would help?

Today I put an address into the system and it took me there. No problem. But after I arrived, was parked in the location, the sys showed I still had 27 feet to go, and this was after sam said, 'you have reached your destination.' I then had to manually cancel the route because I couldn't go 27 more feet. I was there. Just letting you know my experience with 3.01 dl'd from Pioneer.

Today I put an address into the system and it took me there. No problem. But after I arrived, was parked in the location, the sys showed I still had 27 feet to go, and this was after sam said, 'you have reached your destination.' I then had to manually cancel the route because I couldn't go 27 more feet. I was there. Just letting you know my experience with 3.01 dl'd from Pioneer.

i'm going to try navteq maps, then i'll let you know if there's any difference

That would be great. I used navteq in the past (2004-2007) and believe the data is better arranged. I would have no idea how to change from the Pioneer teleatlas to navteq, but I'll try anything with some guidance. Thanks IDT for your past, and continual, help and assistance.

I have been in quite a few cities with the navi and have noticed a wide range of accuracies. Sometimes I will be sitting still and it will show that I am traveling a few MPH. I have always assumed that this was a quirk with GPS. I will mention that I did not hook up the speed sensor wire to the correct wire at installation. The manual does say that the accuracy would be affected if the speed sensor wire is not hooked up properly. Just some thoughts. I am currently using IDTs 2.0 mods and will be updating soon.

Add this file to your "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" folder to replace what is in there now.[attachment=0]Sys.txt[/attachment]

Good luck,

Bud

Hi 69sixpackbee

I used this sys.txt file and work great but problem occurs on the highway when exits sings are showing up, then sky moves and after sings are gone it doenst going back

installed the head unit/3.0/idt 3.0 v2 without a hitch over the weekend and loving it so far. one thing that is not showing up on the main map is the 3d button. any idea why this would be? can't stand the non-always north 2d map.

it is the map icon just right of the bullseye, it cycles "north-up" "heads-up" and "3d"

I too have experienced this over the past couple of days.

The icon which had been there previously was not showing up, instead there would just be the map where it should be. pressing on the area was treated the same as pressing anywhere else on the map.

I am trying to gather a reproducable scenario since this has happened on both of my units.

I can't explain it, or giev the scenario to cause it, however, I can only confirm what finger11 has reported.

I will keep looking at it.

BTW, using a stylus and rebooting the unit fixed it for me on both units.

I will mention that I did not hook up the speed sensor wire to the correct wire at installation. The manual does say that the accuracy would be affected if the speed sensor wire is not hooked up properly.

It won't make a bit of difference.

My VSS IS connected and it still shows movement when I am dead still.

...sorry

I hope is fixable, 2.0 update was dead on, 3.0 - sucks, I feel bad for people driving around in the big busy cities, when 20-50 feet is a matter of couple streets, plus we're not geting much help from street labels either

IDT can you tell we how tu turn off the turn restriction signs but keep the speed limit on?