AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey IDT -

I've been monitoring the work you're doing, and I'm would like to load your mods on my F90BT.

A couple of quick questions;

- Is 4.0 still beta?

- Have you fixed the TC?

- How about street names in 3D. Are they showing up above 500'?

Thanks - I'll be sending some coin for the cause soon...

BigLou

Hey IDT,

just coming back on the reboot:

I was wrong blaming it to wrong settings of the latitude/Longitude setting, was propably a coincidence. It seems to come from the spoken speedcam alert for a certain type of mobile cam. (100km) When you disable spoken warning, no reboot, even when you enable audible warning: No reboot. Unfortunately the audible warning setting is not beeing saved and has to be set manually upon every restart of the system.

One more thing on the Speedcams: It seems to me that you are not able to set the direction correctly. I had one red light cam added manually to the system and no matter which direction I set, it always alerts me the wrong way. It worked perfect under stock 3.0

I'm still running your 3.05

Looking forward to final 4.0

Jörg

Hey IDT,

just coming back on the reboot:

I was wrong blaming it to wrong settings of the latitude/Longitude setting, was propably a coincidence. It seems to come from the spoken speedcam alert for a certain type of mobile cam. (100km) When you disable spoken warning, no reboot, even when you enable audible warning: No reboot. Unfortunately the audible warning setting is not beeing saved and has to be set manually upon every restart of the system.

One more thing on the Speedcams: It seems to me that you are not able to set the direction correctly. I had one red light cam added manually to the system and no matter which direction I set, it always alerts me the wrong way. It worked perfect under stock 3.0

I'm still running your 3.05

Looking forward to final 4.0

Jörg

as for the reboot, one thing i can think of is regarding the issue of not being able to set speed on mobile cameras, what i did now is removed all the other spoken warning for mobile camera and it would just say mobile camera,

audible warning is fixed on the next update,

for the directions i will look into it

update coming soon

I am in the process of fixing a constatnly rebooting f900bt... redoing the flashdisk right now.

when im done, the firmware will be at 2.006

i was using cmh's mod previous to this rebooting problem, and i seem to be making enough progress now to think about putting a new mod on my unit.

will this mod (IDT 3.0 BETA) work on my unit with the 2.006 firmware?

maybe i have to grab the other mod from the topic "IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0"?

just trying to make sure i dont brick my unit or have to put myself through any avoidable hassle.

thanks in advance.

I am in the process of fixing a constatnly rebooting f900bt... redoing the flashdisk right now.

when im done, the firmware will be at 2.006

i was using cmh's mod previous to this rebooting problem, and i seem to be making enough progress now to think about putting a new mod on my unit.

will this mod (IDT 3.0 BETA) work on my unit with the 2.006 firmware?

maybe i have to grab the other mod from the topic "IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0"?

just trying to make sure i dont brick my unit or have to put myself through any avoidable hassle.

thanks in advance.

you should use the 4.2 from the other thread,

idt where is the code for the current speed located? id like to remove it.. i just loaded this up today and i like it alot. Makes working with this nav SOOO much simpler! I had done my own mods before i upgraded to 3.02 today and lost them all so i decided to give yours a try.. i like that it shows speed limits.. only prob more than half the ones i have seen today are wrong how can i edit them?

idt where is the code for the current speed located? id like to remove it.. i just loaded this up today and i like it alot. Makes working with this nav SOOO much simpler! I had done my own mods before i upgraded to 3.02 today and lost them all so i decided to give yours a try.. i like that it shows speed limits.. only prob more than half the ones i have seen today are wrong how can i edit them?

the current speed is in navigatemap_800_480.ui, its at the first layer,

Hmm...I tested this yesterday and house numbers show in wrong sides of street (I'm using your mod V3.5 europe), is this bug in mod or are house numbers included in map, so this were error in map itself?

Also I have two other strange issues:

1. I'm living in Finland which is bilingual country (we have finnish and swedish as official languages). Somehow f.ex. most of streets near my home show in swedish, which is "secondary" language in Finland, although all regional settings are set to finnish/Finland. I installed same map that I have in my windows mobile-based phone (it has iGo 8.3 too), but problem still remains with Avic but iGo in my phone shows all street names in finnish. I'll have propably try to reset save-folder once if this might fix this problem.

2. When I installed unmodded version of Pioneer 3.0 update, it shows me one lane sign near my home (its on smaller street, not on highway), after installing your mod this sign doesn't show anymore. I've tried with two different map versions and this lane sign doesn't show but I haven't tested in highway yet, so I dont know if problem is only with this sign or are all signs missing. AFAIK signs should work by default with your mod, no need to enable them separately?

the the map is responsible for the house numbers, what i currently do with my EU release is i just switch the textmodels,

1) try deleting the contents of the saved folder and let me know if it works

2)the lane guidance is being covered by the signpost, everything is fixed on v4, next release will be up soon,

1) This problem is somehow related to system user interface language, when I change it to finnish, all street names show in finnish, when i switch to english, some street names show in swedish! This wasn't problem in iGo 8.0 when I used it with english language, I dont remember was this problem present with unmodded Igo 8.3, but I'm too lazy to test it, its not issue for me to use finnish interface :)

2) I drove longer distance yesterday and lane signs were shown as expected, so it seems to work too, I just dont understand why unmodded iGo show one sign near my home and modded version doesnt. Well, not a big issue.

thanks idt... i just realized this morning that it is the trip computer as well! so i no longer want it gone.. im going to mess with it after work today.. i would like it to only show when there is a route. also is there a database of speed limits? or a way to change them directly in the nav? seems like many in my area are wrong.

thanks

thanks idt... i just realized this morning that it is the trip computer as well! so i no longer want it gone.. im going to mess with it after work today.. i would like it to only show when there is a route. also is there a database of speed limits? or a way to change them directly in the nav? seems like many in my area are wrong.

thanks

not sure if there's any and you can't change them directly on the nav screen although there's a work around for it,