F900 Firmware ver 2.009 now on EU site.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're welcome.

lemme know when you unpacked it all.

:)

Won't be long I am currently downloading parts 12 and 13, doing two at once good speed here know when I have it unpacked then I will go and try it in the car, my neighbours will think i am crazy playing with my scar stereo at 11 at night.

All unpacked without any errors, thankyou very much, uploaded to F900Bt without a hitch, seems to work fine, Had to change the language and home details, you left yours in including home phone number.

Will test drive tomorrow, its late, thanks again for the upload :D

Hello boys, i'm new here, i'm italian, you can call me miky or mik (as you prefer :D ), i have the AVIC-F900BT whit the Ver. 2.007000, i saw this thread and i'm so interested in it, but i have some doubs, forgive me if i say something stupid

1)well, i never performed an hack to my unit, is there an exact way to install this upgrade? or all i have to do is put the extracted files in a SD and leave my unit upgrade?

2)this firmware "3.000300" comes from the f910, right? then the 3.010100 upgrade http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC_F710910_APL_3010100_CE_6219.zip (that one on the eu pioneer site, you select AVIC-F910BT, AVIC-F9110BT instead of AVIC-F900BT and AVIC-F700BT http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/upgrade/AVIC_F900BT_F700BT.html) can be used after the istallation of this, am i right? (or can anyone try it?)

thanks in advence :wink:

2)this firmware "3.000300" comes from the f910, right? then the 3.010100 upgrade http://www.pioneer.eu/files/support/avic_apl_upgrade/AVIC_F710910_APL_3010100_CE_6219.zip (that one on the eu pioneer site, you select AVIC-F910BT, AVIC-F9110BT instead of AVIC-F900BT and AVIC-F700BT http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/upgrade/AVIC_F900BT_F700BT.html) can be used after the istallation of this, am i right? (or can anyone try it?)

thanks in advence :wink:

No you can not update using the upgrade currently on the Pioneer Eu site, I tried it and it fails to load with the error:-

"Wrong file SystemSetting.exe"

This happens during the pre load file checking sequence.

1)well, i never performed an hack to my unit, is there an exact way to install this upgrade? or all i have to do is put the extracted files in a SD and leave my unit upgrade?

I'm also new here and would like to get this working on my new F700BT - can someone please confirm if all i need to do is copy this to an SD card and let the system update in car OR do i need to get the testmode working and read up on how to mod/hack the unit to install it that way ?

Also, how do i go about doing a backup on the current system files ? Before i bought this unit i presumed it was all stored on the SD card, but when i got the unit a few days ago i realised that it doesnt come with an SD card, only a protection blank - Please bear in mind this isnt installed in my car yet (Will be tomorow) so not seen any of the settings on unit yet - Is there a backup function within the settings if i put in an SD card or USD storage or is this done another way ? I would rather not brick the system on day one :P

I hope i havent asked too much of a silly question here, big thanks to Tomola for this upload!

I hope i havent asked too much of a silly question here, big thanks to Tomola for this upload!

Hi Rob,

I see you just joined us today, you have a bit of reading and catching up to do :)

You need to start with reading abpout and downloading a the latest testmode file ver 2.3, it is what I use, it goes on the root of an SD card, when the card is in your FXXX and you switch on the sytem starts as a Wince computer, if you are familiar with file copy and paste you can back up the contenys of your Flash disc to your SD card, this will help later if you screw up or wish to get back to where you started. If at this point you are not sure.......... Don't do it.

Once backed up you can delete the contents of the flash and paste tomola's flash backup into yours, BUT you will first have to update your WINCE to the latest version, how to do this is covered on this forum, I suggest you search and read.

The latest ver3 (tomola's files) requires the latest wince to operate, don't upload it until you have updated your Wince.

I hope you find this helpful, first rule, back up your sytem before doing anything to it.

Hi Rob,

I see you just joined us today, you have a bit of reading and catching up to do

You need to start with reading abpout and downloading a the latest testmode file ver 2.3, it is what I use, it goes on the root of an SD card, when the card is in your FXXX and you switch on the sytem starts as a Wince computer, if you are familiar with file copy and paste you can back up the contenys of your Flash disc to your SD card, this will help later if you screw up or wish to get back to where you started. If at this point you are not sure.......... Don't do it.

Once backed up you can delete the contents of the flash and paste tomola's flash backup into yours, BUT you will first have to update your WINCE to the latest version, how to do this is covered on this forum, I suggest you search and read.

The latest ver3 (tomola's files) requires the latest wince to operate, don't upload it until you have updated your Wince.

I hope you find this helpful, first rule, back up your sytem before doing anything to it.

Really appreciate the reply Brian.. Big help mate :)

I've been reading these forums for the past 2 weeks whilst trying to decide which double din to go for etc..

It's all being installed tomorow and i can't wait :D - Hopefully all will be well. I've just been reading the 3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install post - do you think its better to go down that route or is this way just as good ?