AVIC411.com

F900 Firmware ver 2.009 now on EU site.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ovalball, you can get it from pioneer.eu

Brian, can you confirm this is similar to the 3.0 update for the F910? What version of Igo is on this update?

Thnx

No compatability with ver3, this is just Pioneers slow ongoing attempt to tidy up very sloppy code, I expect they will get bored soon and design something else to frustrate us all with :D

Hmmm, so I'm getting my F900BT with old software. Should I use this upgrade or the 3.0 that is used for the F910BT?

Thnx

Only you can decide whether to upgrade or use V3 for the F910, I tried the ver3 which Avic-weo kindly made available for us and used it with the F910 update from the Pioneer Europe site, it worked with the exception that my maps all had large square areas of blue background on them, I have not yet figured out whether I have a compatability issue with my F900Bt and this firmware combination or not.

The reaction time is fixed by installing the Wince files that are in the F910 update on the Pioneer europe site.

Do a search on here and you will see how to do it, if you are just updating the Wince take care to choose the update Wince without format option otherwise you will delete all your current files from yor flash.

Yeah I'm aware of how to do the update to 3.0 (plenty of how to's) but I was under the impression that if I use the WinCE from 3.0 I'd have to copy the APL folder from that download as well. I'll keep my own APL2 with a hacked EZ rider and new maps (8.0)

So from that post I'll assume that I can simply update the WinCe (3.0) without copying the APL folder over.

Yes you can just update Wince, make sure you are using the hacked ezrider in your APL2 or it does not permit you to enter the navigation mode after the update.

I just re read your last post, you will be ok as you already have the hacked ezrider, just do the wince update and you will see better key response times, start up is infortunately still about a week long :(

Do not use the update with format option, use the without format.

I updated the Wince and installed the hacked Ezrider.Unit very much improved.If i now install this latest OFFICIAL update will go back to been a donkey again?

I can see no advantage at this time but no harm trying it if you have a backup and are prepared to spend the time.

Hey,

i just came back the dealer, they have updated my f900 wih the 3.00.300 fromthe f910.

Do i need to download this 2.009 and update it anyway?

Surely the 2.009 is just a bug fix from 2.007? 3.0 will have everything the 2.009 contains imho.

Just hope it has the ability to add a house number to a postcode.... :evil: