AVIC411.com

F900 Firmware ver 2.009 now on EU site.

I've been reading these forums for the past 2 weeks whilst trying to decide which double din to go for etc..

It's all being installed tomorow and i can't wait :D - Hopefully all will be well. I've just been reading the 3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install post - do you think its better to go down that route or is this way just as good ?

Hi Rob,

I don't know what is best for you, I found the maps on mine were out of date the moment I bought it, 2007 maps in a system I purchased in June 2009, I also found the user interface of the Navigation part lacking until i discovered GTIMatts data.zip on here and a hacked Ezrider file, the gtimatt mod sorted the user interface part and the ezrider let me use newer maps from another web source, I changed the map colours to make them more contrasty and also used the same road colouring sytem used on most UK paper maps, updated the wince this made the key responses much faster, very happy with the setup now.

There has been a lot of fuss on this forum about the release of vers 3 firmware and the newer Igo 8.3 and maps so I thought I would try it out, thanks to Tomolas backup being made available I have installed all the new stuff and this evening added the hacked ezrider file for ver3, put in the latest UK map and will test it out tomorrow on the road, my initial thought is I prefer my old modified version but will give this a chance.

I have not even considered giving Pioneer any more money for an update to make my F900 do what it should have done when I bought it so have to admit to piracy, don't even feel a little guilty, only you can decide which way to go but if you choose not to pay on top of what you have already paid the tools and resourses are all on here if you know where to look and what to do with them.

Cheers,

Brian.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only you can decide which way to go but if you choose not to pay on top of what you have already paid the tools and resourses are all on here if you know where to look and what to do with them.

Yep i know.. see how the unit looks tomorow when i get it installed, may update it to firmware 2.0 using the normal non hacked way of doing it first (if it doesnt ship with 2.0 already) and then from there decide if it like it or not.

I can see me spending a while reading up on here about the after market hacks.

Is is possible to PM me where you got the other maps from the other source for this ? I've come from an all updated Tom Tom (which i still have) to this which potentially has 2007 maps installed :(

Can someobody confirm that to perform a full upgrade you will have to:

1) Perform a 3.0 firmware only update

2) Delete my flash disk and copy the one available here over

Optional

3) Replace EZRider with the hacked EZRider 3.0

4) Replace license

Or does copying the hacked EZRider 3.0 require additional changes? Perhaps someone with good knowledge of the steps can create a new thread with detailed instructions for EU users

Thanks

Hi Brian,

Are you using Navteq or Teleatlas maps with hacked EZrider V3?

I presume you have no probs with running GTIMatts mod on a EU unit?

Cheers

Stewart

I've been reading these forums for the past 2 weeks whilst trying to decide which double din to go for etc..

It's all being installed tomorow and i can't wait :D - Hopefully all will be well. I've just been reading the 3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install post - do you think its better to go down that route or is this way just as good ?

Hi Rob,

I don't know what is best for you, I found the maps on mine were out of date the moment I bought it, 2007 maps in a system I purchased in June 2009, I also found the user interface of the Navigation part lacking until i discovered GTIMatts data.zip on here and a hacked Ezrider file, the gtimatt mod sorted the user interface part and the ezrider let me use newer maps from another web source, I changed the map colours to make them more contrasty and also used the same road colouring sytem used on most UK paper maps, updated the wince this made the key responses much faster, very happy with the setup now.

There has been a lot of fuss on this forum about the release of vers 3 firmware and the newer Igo 8.3 and maps so I thought I would try it out, thanks to Tomolas backup being made available I have installed all the new stuff and this evening added the hacked ezrider file for ver3, put in the latest UK map and will test it out tomorrow on the road, my initial thought is I prefer my old modified version but will give this a chance.

I have not even considered giving Pioneer any more money for an update to make my F900 do what it should have done when I bought it so have to admit to piracy, don't even feel a little guilty, only you can decide which way to go but if you choose not to pay on top of what you have already paid the tools and resourses are all on here if you know where to look and what to do with them.

Cheers,

Brian.

oke its proberly my a lack of my own..

I want the new upgrade firmware 3.0 en the igo 8.3 with newer maps (dont have to be the newest maps )

but there are a lot of threat saying doing this doing that. i cant figure it out anymore, i need a bulletproof sollution since im depending on my f900 for work.

i already downloaded tomola's files, but whats next, im almost on the edgo of paying €149,- for the official update, but i dont want pioneer to have my money ....

Hi Brian,

Cheers

Stewart

Hi Steawart,

I am using EU teleatlas maps, I tried my ver3 with hacked ezrider on route to work this mornig, very pleased with it.

Yes used GTimatts mods on my EU ver2 before upgrade I think it is terrific, I wish he was still around to do a version for firmware 3 and Igo 8.3.

Regargs.

Brian.

Thanks Brian that's good to know. I might try the IDT 3.0 v2 mod with teleatlas maps+hacked EZrider when I'm feeling brave. Don't know how the IDT mods will fare in an EU unit though.

Did you get 3d buildings and POIs all in the same package with the maps or are they seperate packs?

Cheers

Stewart

Hi Brian,

Cheers

Stewart

Hi Steawart,

I am using EU teleatlas maps, I tried my ver3 with hacked ezrider on route to work this mornig, very pleased with it.

Yes used GTimatts mods on my EU ver2 before upgrade I think it is terrific, I wish he was still around to do a version for firmware 3 and Igo 8.3.

Regargs.

Brian.

I just tried the firmware update only and my unit stays at the startup screen and keeps rebooting. I guess I need to delete my flash disk and replace it with tomola's.

I was under the impression that a firmware only upgrade was possible too??

System says it's version 1.9

Did you update your Wince first ? It will not work correctly with the old Wince.

I have been running with Tomloas Flash copy and it is faultless, I have also now loaded the hacked ezrider and teleatlas 2009.02 maps.

Tomola, you rule!! :D

Thanks a lot for this upload, it worked great for me. I'm using a f900bt EU.

I updated wince to 6.1.2.9 and just copied your files over the ones on my flash disk. The whole operation took me about 20 minutes. And it worked like a charm, no problems whatsoever! Also I'm using the hacked ezrider 3.0, I only have to install 8.3 maps.

The only thing is that I love the GTIMatt mod, which probably isn't working on 3.0 system anymore. So Matt if you're still around and you can find the time and power, pleaaase update your mod to 3.0, it would make this system the most perfect navigation system ever!

In the mean time I'm going to try the IDT 3.0 mod, I haven't tried it yet, but I know a lot of people are really happy with it, so i'm gonig to give it a shot.

Thanks everyone for putting so much effort in making this system better. :D

Indeed have also installed in less then 25 minutes the files, happy with the new maps.

Just fout one problem for my F900BT and want to know if also others have same problem.

When i check traffic info(TMC for IGO) in navigation that one is not working, on radio mode i see the info just for IGo it aint working.

Hope it is just my F900BT but somehow after reinstall it is still not working.

Regards,

Jelte