AVIC411.com

3.0 Map database is not so great!

Upgraded my system last night, and went out for a test drive. First thing it did, was asking me to make an u-turn at an intersection that does not allow u-turn...Wonderful! :twisted:

This morning, driving on the freeways, lane indications are all random. There were freeways which only have 3 lanes but it showed 5. Some of them showed 3 lanes on the screen but actually have 4. Some of the transition lanes at the freeway intersections are also wrong.

Nice "NEW" database that it has! :twisted::twisted:

Do people have these problems with TeleAtlas in general? I've never known anyone complain about TomTom maps.

My Garmin Nuvi has always been spot on using Navteq.

In my experience, TeleAtlas' US maps were not as good as Navteq.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty. I have had the opposite experience. I upgraded to 3.0 and I love it. The signboards are awesome. The one problem I am running into is that the unit always does a cold boot when I start the car. Anyone else run into this?

I also am seeing the hack posts. Can anyone give me a primer on how to modify/add/ delete features or buttons?

Gary

That isn't sounding very promising.. Would you say it's worse than the 2007 maps?

Just curious, what area do you live in?

So far it is not as good as the old database. I'm in the Los Angeles area.

btw, this was done using the offical upgrade.

So far the maps and signboards have been fairly accurate... BUT I have noticed that the routing at time is WAY off! I just drove from Austin, TX to SLC, UT and there were a few times it told me to get off the highway just to get back on 3 miles down the road. Also just driving around town here it was telling me to basically get off at the next exit then go around basically in a circle just to get back onto the freeway and continue on my journey! I did NOT have these issues with the previous software/maps...

Veteran users of iGO say that Navteq are best choice for the U.S. and for Europe TeleAtlas have the edge...

Are we going to need a hacked EZrider to run the different maps?

My guess would be yes as the license we get with the hardware is tied to a Pioneer-Teleatlas agreement for the pre-installed maps.

I haven't seen any dump of the recent SD card map update but from reading the installation process, it seems like there is a new license file being generated, so its hacked ezrider + ww license for this one...

So far the maps and signboards have been fairly accurate... BUT I have noticed that the routing at time is WAY off! I just drove from Austin, TX to SLC, UT and there were a few times it told me to get off the highway just to get back on 3 miles down the road. Also just driving around town here it was telling me to basically get off at the next exit then go around basically in a circle just to get back onto the freeway and continue on my journey! I did NOT have these issues with the previous software/maps...

I haven't had a chance to test mine yet.....but this will piss me off if it does that.

Well that's why you should look up where you are going and use the GPS as a guide and not a crutch.