AVIC411.com

Password Generator Site Down?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to agree as well but there simply is no excuse for the site to be down this long. How hard could it be to transfer the database to a mirror and direct the web site to the new mirror? There have to be host organizations all over the world that would do this for them if they do not have the internal resources. Pioneer could not have possibly planned for an (or multiple) earthquake with regard to something like this. But they could react in a positive and affirmative fashion to the incident in less than three full days.

Yes this is BS!!!!! I think I have supported pioneer enough and then to have them mess with mewith a stupid big box for 2 sd cardsand a japan site down. I dont know about you all but im pissed. Im so mad Im hoping some one hacks there security since they were so worried about it they forgot about the customer! F. U. pioneer Im sorry people im just trying to blow off steam for I have my unit in a 2009 corvette and the 900bt has not been perfect for and have been waiting months for this update. :( What would be fare here on being compensated for this crap? As big as this radio is I dont understand why its so slow. I have a iphone 3gs and is 50 times faster then this radio and does so much more, why did we pay so much for such crap? And to top it off the iphone 3gs is incompatible to the avic-f900bt. For all those who have tried I can tell you a few things I found: A: If you have your Iphone 3gs plugged in before you start the unit you will be able to chagre your iphone. If you wait till after the unit has started and plug your iphone you will only get audio playback but no charging abililties. I have spoke to both pioneer and appleand they all blame each other. I paid $60 for the real pioneer iphone cable at frys electronics and it worked with my iphone 3g with version 2.x . Some where somthing changed and if any one out there knows of a a fix or knows if this newupdate (when ever I get a password) fixs things I would gretly apriciate it.

Im sorry but I had to vent some where guys.

Also can any one tell me or start a new thread for hacks on the 3.0 firmware? Just thought it woulod be a good idea since most of us will be on 3.0 and im sure like me there is alot of noobs.

peace people and god bless

and pioneer I think you already know

chris

Guys, it's the weekend, 90% of people have Sunday off... You can't reasonably expect anything IT-based to get fixed over the weekend.

You obviously don't work in the IT field. If something IT goes down that's public facing, everyone involved in the system has pagers going off. IF your IT/company has their act together that is.

Well thats great, one more error code to make you think YOU did something wrong inputting the device code....at least progress is being made and it comes up quick.. Sadly they probably think they fixed the problem.

And Pioneer's response is?...............................

Now I understand why they call the company Pioneer, they are THE Pioneers in F'ing things up...

This is probably the last time I will buy anything from pioneer. If they don't care enough about their customers to let a server be down for days, then why should I care enough to buy their products again. I was a loyal customer and even though I could have hacked my unit and pirated the new update, I decided to do the right thing and purchase the update. (Bad Decision) I understand the circumstances that they may be going through in Japan, but this is rediculous. How hard is it to have backup systems and fail safes. This would not work for my IT Dept. We would have already been on plan B and keeping customers happy. Pioneer get your act together and save what few customers you have left...................if there are any.

Input device number is not correct.

(Error Code: 1)

Is it possible that they do not have THE RIGHT database - the manufacturer gave them the wrong data base with the hardware IDs ( device numbers or whatever) ???? If that is the case (I hope not) they should have a totally different approach to the maps activation . . . and we will spend another week or more waiting for the damn fix of this craziness.

Actually, I do not lake speculations, BUT when something goes wrong for so long, speculations are

unavoidable . . bad for Pioneer.

Such behavior shown by Pioneer is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE . . no words . . no emails . . I have never expected

to be pissed of in that way by Pioneer Japan or America - it does not matter!

Input device number is not correct.

(Error Code: 1)

Is it possible that they do not have THE RIGHT database - the manufacturer gave them the wrong data base with the hardware IDs ( device numbers or whatever) ???? If that is the case (I hope not) they should have a totally different approach to the maps activation . . . and we will spend another week or more waiting for the damn fix of this craziness.

Actually, I do not lake speculations, BUT when something goes wrong for so long, speculations are

unavoidable . . bad for Pioneer.

Such behavior shown by Pioneer is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE . . no words . . no emails . . I have never expected

to be pissed of in that way by Pioneer Japan or America - it does not matter!

i had called Friday and the rep i talked to said they had just gotten a email about the server crashing and most likely would be up Monday.

It's 10:30 AM on Monday in Japan now.. let's see how long it takes to get this site working...

Edit: Sorry it's 10:30 AM not 9:30 AM

I'm curious why everyone thinks the server is in Japan. Pioneernaviationupdate.com resolves to California. Not Japan by any stretch of the imagination. http://www.geoiptool.com/en/?IP=63.83.249.25

You obviously don't work in the IT field.

Haha, that's awesome...There are days when I wish that were true.