AVIC411.com

Voice control accuracy

I am having good results with the VR system overall, even with the top down.

When dialing contacts I find I get better results when I say the last name THEN the first name, for some reason the system lists all my contacts that way and for some reason Pioneer didn't give the option to reverse the order as they did in my FH-P800BT.

When dialing contacts I find I get better results when I say the last name THEN the first name, for some reason the system lists all my contacts that way and for some reason

If the phone allows changing the first/last order try changing it there, than reload your contacts to the unit.

Thanks for the great suggestion, it didn't work though. I tried it with my phone in all 3 modes, "First Last" , "Last First" and "Last, First" (separated by a comma) and all three gave me the same results.

I did do a little experimenting and found that if I send a business card directly to the Z110 via bluetooth it does show up correctly, this would work well for me except for 2 problems.

1) I would have to send 200+ contacts individually which would take some time (but I'd be willing to do it)

2) when my phone connects the contacts automatically sync to check if any new contacts have been added since the last connection, and that overwrites the business cards i manually sent.

I do like that it auto syncs on every connection, something my FH-P800BT didn't do, I just wish there was a simple "invert names" option like my something my FHP-800BT did do. If Pioneer could do this in the past i don't see why they can't do it on current units, or at least in a future firmware update.

• 4 months later...

So, how has everyone left this...my Blackberry Tour loaded contacts both ways. I manually deleted each contact that was in last name first, then next time it connected they were back. Deleted again and turned off auto transfer so they didn't reload backwards. Problem with this is if you add new contacts to phone and want them on z110 when you transfer contacts won't you get them all both ways again? I wonder if there is a reason for them being in there both ways....like for a better chance of VR working correctly. Anyone solved this? or just leaving contacts both ways.

Make sure you start saying name after VR icon your headunit activates. It takes good one second on mine.

When i say activate, what i mean is after saying some help it is grayed out for one second or so, same thing when you press vr button, it will be grayed out at that time it won't get any of your voice commands. As soon as icon activates at that time unit is waiting for your command.

I'm pretty happy about the voice control on my unit. Seems to work well for the most part, as long as I wait for it to be ready as mentioned. The only trouble I have is when I need to "Change Source to Sirius Satellite Radio." Sometimes the unit responds correctly, but often it doesn't know what I'm saying or it just changes to source to FM.

I am having good results with the VR system overall, even with the top down.

When dialing contacts I find I get better results when I say the last name THEN the first name, for some reason the system lists all my contacts that way and for some reason Pioneer didn't give the option to reverse the order as they did in my FH-P800BT.

Is it a BlackBerry or other smartphone? If it's a Blackberry, then it's in the phone, not the unit. You will need to change the setting in the phone, delete (not just disconnect) the phone from the BT memory, and re-pair to correct the issue.

VR works beautifully, if the mic is in the correct place, and if you speak correctly. You don't have to talk like a robot, just make sure that you annunciate. Every complaint I get about the VR not working, is typically due to the user speaking a little TOO naturally.