AVIC411.com

dpdurst 3.0 mod v1.5 Final - updated 10/20/09

House numbers are in the map, if the map is correct, house numbers are as well. In my village only a few streets have correct housenumbers, mostly on main streets, in the side streets they are off by 2 or 3 numbers. This is because the Map producers do not scan every single house in side streets, but rely on information from local authorities and a kind of educated "gestimation". As long as they are on the correct side this has nothing to do with the mod.

Jörg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi David,

just back from my first testdrive, everything works like a charm, the look is just great.

Some suggestions:

In you mod for the 2.0 version itwas possible to access TMC directly by pressing the small symbol next to current street in the bottom left corner. Is it a great deal to get that in this Version as well?

The Speedlimit is not able to show Limits above 99 correctly, as soon as you have 3 digits they go over the Border of the sign

What I also liked in other Mods and what would in my opinion your Mod perfect are 2 things:

1) Multiroute and Multidraw

2) Setting option to switch Signposts off

Thanks for your work, I love it

Jörg

I dunno how much room is available in this folder but I guess I'm going to eliminate ALOT of maps to get it in there.

Any other suggestions?

Thanx,

Bud

Yep your going to have to delete some maps, The size is due to the graphics backgrounds and there is no way I can make them smaller. I only run the surrounding states I drive in, so I have only those maps, poi and building files loaded. You may want to take a look in the Dem folder, a lot of dem files came that are not needed that might get you the room you need. If you want all the states, buildings, poi file and dem files, you won't be using the mod. Sorry.

Hi David,

just back from my first testdrive, everything works like a charm, the look is just great.

Some suggestions:

In you mod for the 2.0 version itwas possible to access TMC directly by pressing the small symbol next to current street in the bottom left corner. Is it a great deal to get that in this Version as well?

The Speedlimit is not able to show Limits above 99 correctly, as soon as you have 3 digits they go over the Border of the sign

What I also liked in other Mods and what would in my opinion your Mod perfect are 2 things:

1) Multiroute and Multidraw

2) Setting option to switch Signposts off

Thanks for your work, I love it

Jörg

Umm, 99mph that's speeding right? Don't speed!!

Yea I'll think about the other options, I'm pretty much done with the mods and going back to my Flight Sim now..

Hiya, Dave,

I just want to chime in with my findings.

I am using your schemes along with IDT's mod. I have IDT's GFX file in the DATA.ZIP and yours in the apl2/igo folder. I have put EVERYTHING in the system and I am getting no errors as I expected I wouldn't. Since I am thinking that the GFX folder in the APL2/igo directory takes precedence over the DATA.ZIP when calling up the background graphics (SKY.BMP for instance) I used to get IDT's sky with clouds when I was using my Realview Day V.6 Sunny scheme BEFORE I added your GFX file then afterwards I got just a white background. I then copied the IDT SKY.BMP over to your GFX file and all was good again so this proved my theory. But, when trying the Xerses ones I do not get any of the intended backgrounds, i.e. trees that show different season cycles with the respective schemes. I got into the color.ini file of the Xerses_Autumn V.6 for instance and I am seing the callout for the background as this:

[other]
texture="gfx/day/texture.spr"
sun="gfx/day/sun.spr"
sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"
heightcolormap="dayheightcolormap.bmp"

Should'nt this be looking for the graphics in the gfx\Xerses72\day\Autumn folder?

Thanx,

Bud

Hiya, Dave,

I am using your schemes along with IDT's mod. I have IDT's GFX file in the DATA.ZIP and yours in the apl2/igo folder. I have put EVERYTHING in the system and I am getting no errors as I expected I wouldn't. Since I am thinking that the GFX folder in the APL2/igo directory takes precedence over the DATA.ZIP when calling up the background graphics (SKY.BMP for instance) I used to get IDT's sky with clouds when I was using my Realview Day V.6 Sunny scheme BEFORE I added your GFX file then afterwards I got just a white background. I then copied the IDT SKY.BMP over to your GFX file and all was good again so this proved my theory. But, when trying the Xerses ones I do not get any of the intended backgrounds, i.e. trees that show different season cycles with the respective schemes. I got into the color.ini file of the Xerses_Autumn V.6 for instance and I am seing the callout for the background as this:

[other]
sun="gfx/day/sun.spr"
sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"

Should'nt this be looking for the graphics in the gfx\Xerses72\day\Autumn folder?

Thanx,

Bud

The v6 Xerses files didn't have the new schemes that look in the Xerses72 folder, the newer v10+ schemes from Xerses look in the Xerses72 folder. And the even newer ones posted the the other night look in the Lessco folder. If you want the v6 Xerses schemes to look in the the other folder you would need to have something like this: (at work so my not be 100% correct but you will get the point)

background="gfx/Xerses72/day/Autumn folder/sunny/sunny_clear.bmp" = for the nice background trees, clouds etc

sun0=" gfx/Xerses72/day/sun0.bmp" - this and the ones below for the moving sun throughout the day

sun1=" gfx/Xerses72/day/sun1.bmp"

Just bear in mind we count in kilometers in Europe, speedlimits of 120 or 130 are quite common

The TMC button PLEASE!!!!!

Jörg

I see what you mean by the TMC button on the v2.0 file. I have no way of testing this to make sure the change I make will work, on my next update I'll see to get this changed for you to test. I'll also at that point look at the speed limit thing.

Now to answer when the update will be, not sure.. back to working on my Flight Sim panels for a bit cause I"m burned out on the avic stuff.

Hiya, Dave,

[other]
sun="gfx/day/sun.spr"
sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"

Thanx,

Bud

The v6 Xerses files didn't have the new schemes that look in the Xerses72 folder, the newer v10+ schemes from Xerses look in the Xerses72 folder. And the even newer ones posted the the other night look in the Lessco folder. If you want the v6 Xerses schemes to look in the the other folder you would need to have something like this: (at work so my not be 100% correct but you will get the point)

background="gfx/Xerses72/day/Autumn folder/sunny/sunny_clear.bmp" = for the nice background trees, clouds etc

sun0=" gfx/Xerses72/day/sun0.bmp" - this and the ones below for the moving sun throughout the day

I figured as such. I downloaded your latest files, GFX, Scheme I, Scheme II & Night Schemes and it had the V6 schemes in it so I guess I'll blast those. In fact, unless I am mistaken, none of the LATEST schemes posted reference the Xerses72 file backgrounds do they?

Thanx!

Hiya, Dave,

[other]
sun="gfx/day/sun.spr"
sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"

Thanx,

Bud

I figured as such. I downloaded your latest files, GFX, Scheme I, Scheme II & Night Schemes and it had the V6 schemes in it so I guess I'll blast those. In fact, unless I am mistaken, none of the LATEST schemes posted reference the Xerses72 file backgrounds do they?

Thanx!

Correct, the latest ones only reference the Lassco folder in there.