AVIC411.com

dpdurst 3.0 mod v1.5 Final - updated 10/20/09

Just bear in mind we count in kilometers in Europe, speedlimits of 120 or 130 are quite common

The TMC button PLEASE!!!!!

Jörg

I see what you mean by the TMC button on the v2.0 file. I have no way of testing this to make sure the change I make will work, on my next update I'll see to get this changed for you to test. I'll also at that point look at the speed limit thing.

Now to answer when the update will be, not sure.. back to working on my Flight Sim panels for a bit cause I"m burned out on the avic stuff.

I can understand that, feel the same by just browsing the forum and picking the cherrys (I'm just a user and have no clue about coding). That's the reason to use with your mod, it's nice and clean and makes the unit assist you in driving, not take your attention away from the street like some other mods.

Thanks again for the good work, I'm looking forward to the next update.

Jörg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, David for the great schemes! I really think that having so many schemes is what makes the AVIC the most interesting! It's like you can make the unit look exactly the way the weather looks out the windshield. Too cool!

I would make one tiny suggestion, though...

Would you consider making a shortcut button that takes you right to the "Map Color" screen? It currently takes 5 or 6 touches to get there, and with as often as I like to change the screen, I'm afraid I might crash making all those screen touches...lol :lol:

But really; I wouldn't add a button, but maybe make something else dual purpose, like say the clock or gps icon...

Just an idea?

Thanks again! I'll enjoy the mod just the way it is!

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to implement only the speed and elevation mod into my unit...do I just need to replace my "RouteinfoBackground" layer with yours?

do a search on ;dd and then find the comments of what I did and copy that little area only under the comment and you get the section you want. If you copy the entire layer section your going to get more than just the speed and elevation. If you want everything in that entire section then copy the whole thing. I think you may need bitmaps as well so check.

OK SO I FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS AND ADDED ALL FILES TO WHERE YOU SAID. I THEN PUT THE SD CARD INTO MY NAVI UNIT AND PASTE THE NEW "MY FLASH DISK" CORRECT ?? WHEN I DID THIS IT SAID THAT THE FILE SIZE WAS TO LARGE AND IT WOULD REPLACE AS MANY WHOLE FILES AS IT COULD AND ASKED IF I WANTED TO PROCEED, I SAID NO FOR NOW BUT WHAT DO I DO ?? IS THAT THE CORRECT WAY TO MOD THE UNIT ?? JUST COPY THE MODDED FLASH DISK FROM THE STORAGE CARD AND PASTE IT TO REPLACE THE FLASH DISK ON THE UNIT ???

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP

THANKS

VINNY

OK SO I FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS AND ADDED ALL FILES TO WHERE YOU SAID. I THEN PUT THE SD CARD INTO MY NAVI UNIT AND PASTE THE NEW "MY FLASH DISK" CORRECT ?? WHEN I DID THIS IT SAID THAT THE FILE SIZE WAS TO LARGE AND IT WOULD REPLACE AS MANY WHOLE FILES AS IT COULD AND ASKED IF I WANTED TO PROCEED, I SAID NO FOR NOW BUT WHAT DO I DO ?? IS THAT THE CORRECT WAY TO MOD THE UNIT ?? JUST COPY THE MODDED FLASH DISK FROM THE STORAGE CARD AND PASTE IT TO REPLACE THE FLASH DISK ON THE UNIT ???

THANKS

VINNY

Wow, you got something messed up. There is no 'My flash disk' in this mod. This is the NAV mod, not the 3.0 update found here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751

THANKS

VINNY

Second that. If you copied what I have and you somehow have a my flash disk, you definitely are doing something wrong. This has nothing to do with my flash disk. It should have a data.zip, sys.txt at a minimum and the GFX folder, Schemes folder are just goodies on top of that. Check again. Something you did is not right.

On another note, yea with all my stuff you could run out of room. Remove maps your not using, the extra dem files your not using and building and poi files your not using.

One more thing, please turn your caps off, that's really rude to type in all caps, makes it sound like your yelling at someone.. Thanks

This is the final revision I will be no more work on this mod. Download on first page Enjoy

Changes update - 10/20/09

1. New icons for Street and Next Street

2. Pressing bottom street icon brings up TMC info if you have it

3. Better coloring of the cockpit screen, top screen and clock background so they match

4. Cockpit background bigger and moved distance to next waypoint there

5. Moved next street/waypoint on top to left side of screen next to junction icon

6. Changed Euro Speed limit for US Speed Limit and moved to lower right of screen

7. Adjusted all icons

8. Freeways signs now smaller and fit on screen better not taking up so much room

9. New shortcut icons on top of screen

10. New delete route icon and speaker mute icon during navigation

11. New schemes button, pressing this makes for quick change of day and night schemes now.

12. GPS status noved to upper right corner, click there to go to GPS screen

13. Colors for navigation distance first and second waypoint are now all white

Very Nice! Excellent work!! One thing that has me kinda baffled though. Why didn't you include a 'trip computer'?

Because all that is in the other mod I have been working on and there is no sense in doing 2 of the same. This is a basic front end only for those that really don't' want all the other stuff. For those that want bells and whistles, they can download the Stan/Andr2000 mod I have been updating

• 1 month later...

Awesome mod!

Wondering if you may be able to provide a little assistance. While your mod is really cool and i'm sure would look great against my interior color scheme, i'm not really interested in changing my nav screen all that much, not to mention the fact that I don't plan on upgrading to 3.0 just yet (i've heard of a few bugs having to do with iPod playback that I don't feel like dealing with).

The only thing I would like to do is add a dark background behind the clock and possibly change the color of the text. The stock clock is washed out by the map in the background and is often difficult to read. How would one go about making this small change?

My apologies if this is covered in a different thread. I did some searching but havent quite mastered the art of searching these forums...

If you could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...