AVIC411.com

CNDV-90MT are NOW POSTED

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the utorrent software. says it's some kind of tracking arrow. if you look at the screen shot of the software that SWDW posted just a few posts back, it shows a red arrow pointing up in his shot. up, of course means that he is uploading. this is from the utorrent help section:

25. What do the red icons (/) mean on the torrent status icons?

These red icons indicate that µTorrent was not able to reach the tracker. This could happen when the tracker goes offline, becomes overloaded, or when the domain simply doesn't exist anymore. Check Tracker Status on the General tab to see what the exact error message is.

In many cases, seeing this (especially if you see hostname not found in Tracker Status) and having DHT on but still having no peers to connect to may mean that you'll have to find another copy of the torrent on another tracker.

In some cases, this is normal because the tracker is overloaded or temporarily down. The torrent itself should keep seeding/downloading as long as you got some peers, and if the tracker comes back up or becomes responsive, you should have no lost ratio so long as you don't close µTorrent or stop the torrent.

26. What do all the status icons mean?

means the torrent is downloading

means the torrent is downloading, but there is a tracker error (see question above)

means the torrent is seeding

means the torrent is seeding, but there is a tracker error (see question above)

means the torrent is a queued download

means the torrent is a queued seed

means the torrent is a stopped download

means the torrent is a stopped seed

means the torrent is paused

means the torrent has an error (check the status column)

I can verify that the disc did NOT work for me as well. Update programming went fine, but my home in Central NJ (Near Rutgers University) did not show up closer than 0.5 miles. 0.1 or 0.02 mile zoom mode produced only a blue background (with POI intact) but no map road data. As a result the unit said it could not calculate any trip due to insufficient map data near the start or ending point. Other areas in my address book (MD, VA) could zoom in to max levels without problems.

Quick guide to get back to 80MT if you have a burn/disc failure:

1) Change language to French with the 90MT disc and let it reprogram fully.

2) Let unit "reset" itself and change language to english (as soon as you hit english press the eject button) You want to hit eject before any programming has taken place.

3) The unit will say insert appropiate disc

4) Insert your old 80MT disc and let it reprogram/reflash the unit. You will then be back to normal with a working disc and you will not have to resort to test mode or service mode with the remote control.

I applaud SWDW for stepping up and getting a version of these discs out to people. I just wish it was in ISO format so we could tell if there is a problem with the files in the torrent or with our burners.

For the record I have never had any issues with my DL burner and my 80 MT discs burned from the get go without any problems.

In my imaginary perfect world the torrent file would be split into 2 separate files (East and West) and should contain 3 files each:

1) nfo explaining exactly what each disc is with perhaps a log of the ISO creation

2) CNDV-90MT_East.iso / CNDV-90MT_West.iso

3) sfv or Par2 or md5 file to verify that the iso file is correct and uncorrupted

This would verify that everyone has a perfect copy of the disc and any errors could be related to bad media/bur errors.

I would like to hear if anyone has a working copy of the files as they stand now and if so how/what you used to burn them.

My 80 MT disc was a UDF format (which is what I used to burn the 90MT as well). An iMac 20" was used with Toast 10. Burn straight from files in UDF format.

Edited for typos to help clarify.

You have me wondering now so i have been checking and testing

I can find nothing wrong with the ISO that i have made. i have the real disks and checked them in my unit against the ISO and everything work fine. However im re doing them direct right from the disk to ISO with mD5 and udf. I'm think about re posting them. You have me wondering!!!!!!

SWDW

Well the disc burned and seemed to do the update just fine. The map data appears to be OK. I still have to drive around to see if there are any glitches or problems, but on my unit the update worked fine via the East Disc.

I use a memorex DVD+R DL disc and burned at 2x on a 20" iMac with toast. Used UDF as the disc format.

EDIT:

After more testing the map data is not fully functional. The unit will upgrade, but you can not calculate a route due to insufficient map data. I am still trying to play with settings to get a working copy.

I check mine and they work fine ..However should i re post them in ISO direct from disks with md5 and udf turned on.. i would like to see a few more post on if they work for anybody!!