AVIC411.com

For those with trip computers not working

I think I have stumbled across a time where my trip computer will always work. If you start a route before turning off your car. When it comes back up the tripcomp will always work. Can someone verify that this works for them too?

Hopefully this will aide in finding out why some of our trip computers don't work.

Thanks,

Alex

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still works randomly for me. I am still wondering if there is a write code for the data generated by the tc. I do know that everytime I come out of testmode the tc works for one to three reboots/restarts. Then it quits.

Yeah that is about what I am seeing. It had been quit for me for a while and then I did this and it worked again. That one time. Might have just been a fluke though. I really wish this was working. The only time it behaved differently was with the Gurjon skin. In that skin it would work for what looked like a second or two and then froze. All the values were always 1, or something close to 1, like it started and then quit.

I think I have stumbled across a time where my trip computer will always work. If you start a route before turning off your car. When it comes back up the tripcomp will always work. Can someone verify that this works for them too?

Hopefully this will aide in finding out why some of our trip computers don't work.

Thanks,

Alex

Not working for me.

Has anyone compared the TC code with a base IGO 8.3 folder? I wonder if there's more to it than what we have? Is there anyone that has a TC that works everytime? What's your set up?

The one in Stanislavovich/andr2000 skibs work just fine AFAIK...

Has anyone compared the TC code with a base IGO 8.3 folder? I wonder if there's more to it than what we have? Is there anyone that has a TC that works everytime? What's your set up?

Yes it does.

It also worked for me all the time in 2.0.

Yes it does.

It also worked for me all the time in 2.0.

I added his stuff to my mods. So far its hit and miss still. Go figure. I am starting to think its something at the hardware level based on manufacture date. I am not sure what else it could be. It wouldn't work at all if it was code.

I added his stuff to my mods. So far its hit and miss still. Go figure. I am starting to think its something at the hardware level based on manufacture date. I am not sure what else it could be. It wouldn't work at all if it was code.

it might be as i seriously haven't experienced any of the said problems since i started using the trip computer

this is totally nuts mine sometimes doesn't even work when i add a new data file in and sometimes it does. it is so random that i cant even find a way to try to trick it to work over and over. i wish there was something because that is one of the best of the mods.

this is totally nuts mine sometimes doesn't even work when i add a new data file in and sometimes it does. it is so random that i cant even find a way to try to trick it to work over and over. i wish there was something because that is one of the best of the mods.

yesterday I used remote start and when I got in it was working. I will try this a few more times to see if I have something. It's possible that the way I start my truck has something to do with this. If the f90bt starts to boot when I turn the key to the 'on' position, then I start it, perhaps there's a flash read issue? Idunno you'd think that there would be other issues than just the TC not working if that was the case.

yesterday I used remote start and when I got in it was working. I will try this a few more times to see if I have something. It's possible that the way I start my truck has something to do with this. If the f90bt starts to boot when I turn the key to the 'on' position, then I start it, perhaps there's a flash read issue? Idunno you'd think that there would be other issues than just the TC not working if that was the case.

I've some sort of same solution. I've made an ignition mod and now the trip computer works fine.