AVIC411.com

GPS antenna next to Sirius antenna?

Is there any problem putting the GPS antenna next to the Sirius antenna (Say an inch apart)?

The installer put the Sirius antenna on the trunk but the GPS antenna inside on the dash. After reading this forum and the install manual I was disappointed that the installer put the GPS antenna on the dash.

Do you think I should have him change it and put the GPS antenna outside on the trunk?

Thanks,

Andrew

I’m sorry I did not want to create another post on where the best placement of the antenna but to find out if the Sirius antenna would interfere with the GPS antenna if they where placed next to each other (an inch apart).

Do you think Sirius antenna would interfere with the GPS antenna?

Any thought – thanks,

Andrew

I have an ant farm on the roof of my truck all 3 next to each other, very close together no problems at all. GPS, Sirius and XM tuner with NavTraffic , so you should be fine with having them next to each other.

Actually, for outside of the larger markets and XM cheating with on the ground booster signals, don't be surprised if you go out of town and dont get reception if not outside the vehicle in the clear.

But back to answering your question, no problem having the all together.

Hope this helps,

Ken

I have an ant farm on the roof of my truck all 3 next to each other, very close together no problems at all. GPS, Sirius and XM tuner with NavTraffic , so you should be fine with having them next to each other.

Actually, for outside of the larger markets and XM cheating with on the ground booster signals, don't be surprised if you go out of town and dont get reception if not outside the vehicle in the clear.

But back to answering your question, no problem having the all together.

Hope this helps,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...