AVIC411.com

Stan/Andr2000 v3.0 main screen by dpdurst - update 3/15/10

Dave, what do i need to change in sys.txt to adjust the tilting? My guess is this: 3d_max_tiltlevel=10000 ?

If so, what's the value in yours to show the sky?

Thanks!

The current sys.txt has the info in it. Here is the specifics on what I changed/ Also in the 3D zoom settings in the unit I have 200/600 and tilt up/down is set for 90 on each

3d_max_tiltlevel=8500

3d_max_zoomlevel=3000

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=2000

[smartzoom]

enabled="0"

minangle=86

maxangle=88

I think I'm doing something wrong. I changed these settings on my sys.txt but the view is still from too much top :)

we need it to be near to the ground to see the sky etc. The view angle has to be smaller I think but when I change the minangel maxangle values nothing happens..

I'll play with some settings tonight when I get home. Are you trying to get more sky or less sky? I know it would really help if Andr2000 could put a toggle in to use the 3d zoom controls so you could set the angle of the map it would make this alot easier. I'll see what settings I can come up with.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play with some settings tonight when I get home. Are you trying to get more sky or less sky? I know it would really help if Andr2000 could put a toggle in to use the 3d zoom controls so you could set the angle of the map it would make this alot easier. I'll see what settings I can come up with.

I've been already asked about this. But this is not as easy as it looks like. It is not enough just to add tilt controls.

Actual picture depends on 3D zoom levels you have. So, we have to add them too. But after all you can only see the final result while on a route or in simulation

Hi David,

Thanks for a a great mod. I followed your instructions and copied all the files, but the map screen doesn't show the sky. I tried running the route simulation, still no sky. Other than the stock pioneer red/blue schemes,I can't see any of your schemes either. Also, the time icon doesn't toggle as you mentioned. Other than that, most of the mods seem to work.

I am running unofficial 3.0 with 2009.6 maps on a F500BT. Any ideas what where the probelm might be.

Thanks in advance.

Hi David,

Thanks for a a great mod. I followed your instructions and copied all the files, but the map screen doesn't show the sky. I tried running the route simulation, still no sky. Other than the stock pioneer red/blue schemes,I can't see any of your schemes either. Also, the time icon doesn't toggle as you mentioned. Other than that, most of the mods seem to work.

I am running unofficial 3.0 with 2009.6 maps on a F500BT. Any ideas what where the probelm might be.

Thanks in advance.

The latest data.zip should have the toggle working fine in navigation mode only, If your not in navigation mode there is not toggle.

Yea the schemes will show up, you need to make sure you unzip the main archive and then copy the schemes zipped into the scheme folder. If they are not showing up then either there not in the right place, the GFX folder is not in the right place or doesn't exist.

As for the sky, this is something that may be trickier to resolve. I had already setup original software using the 3d toggle to set the sky so I can see it, moving over to the new data.zip and sys.txt kept those settings. I have come to the conclusion that unless you start off with that setup then maybe trying to get to show with just the settings might not work.

I haven't messed with anything tonight, been busy racing with the wife on the Xbox 360. I'll get to it at some point shortly and work on it some more.

Hi David,

Thanks in advance.

The latest data.zip should have the toggle working fine in navigation mode only, If your not in navigation mode there is not toggle.

Yea the schemes will show up, you need to make sure you unzip the main archive and then copy the schemes zipped into the scheme folder. If they are not showing up then either there not in the right place, the GFX folder is not in the right place or doesn't exist.

As for the sky, this is something that may be trickier to resolve. I had already setup original software using the 3d toggle to set the sky so I can see it, moving over to the new data.zip and sys.txt kept those settings. I have come to the conclusion that unless you start off with that setup then maybe trying to get to show with just the settings might not work.

I haven't messed with anything tonight, been busy racing with the wife on the Xbox 360. I'll get to it at some point shortly and work on it some more.

My bad. I copied the schemes file to IGo instead of IGo/content. Copied it to the rigth place and it is working fine now.

I have a Totom PND which shows time to destination, even if you are not naviationg. I assumed that it worked the same way in the AVIC also.

Once I selected the sky background, it showed up on the screen. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Or, does it change on it's own depending upon time/season/terrain?

Once again, thanks for a great mod. I really liked the expanded functionality, in addition to the expanded backgrounds.

My bad. I copied the schemes file to IGo instead of IGo/content. Copied it to the rigth place and it is working fine now.

I have a Totom PND which shows time to destination, even if you are not naviationg. I assumed that it worked the same way in the AVIC also.

Once I selected the sky background, it showed up on the screen. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Or, does it change on it's own depending upon time/season/terrain?

Once again, thanks for a great mod. I really liked the expanded functionality, in addition to the expanded backgrounds.

Glad its working now. You have to change the schemes manually to see the different sky that show up.

Time to Destination when not navigating is not an option as the software has no clue what destination your going to when you have no route. There is however when navigating that option click on the clock under the current speed lower left corner, it will toggle between, clock, eta and ete.

Hi David.Any more tweaks on the way or do you think it's more or less as you want it?The only things which I think would improve things are.

1)More visible progress bar.

2)Spoken alert for speed cameras.

What do you think?Am I been too picky?Have always really looked forward to the updates but i guess you do reach a stage where you can't do any more.Thanks for all your work.

Hi David.Any more tweaks on the way or do you think it's more or less as you want it?The only things which I think would improve things are.

1)More visible progress bar.

2)Spoken alert for speed cameras.

What do you think?Am I been too picky?Have always really looked forward to the updates but i guess you do reach a stage where you can't do any more.Thanks for all your work.

Well, yea I made what I think are few pretty cool changes, more eye candy than anything.

I moved the clock under the current speed and spruced up the cockpit for that, added an actual Satellite icon to the upper right corner and then added of course the world globe with sates on the satellite page. Did some other small stuff too.

Still thinking about the progress bar.

Clicking on time gives you date when not navigating

The spoken speed camera alerts are over my head right now. Plus with limited space on the flash disk I think you might end up running out of room

Thinking of different front end color schemes so like now I have the black cockpit and blue top and bottom. Thinking of doing some that are all blue, orange, green, black etc

Hi David,

Noticed on here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28485#p196154 that there was a trip computer bar along the right hand side of the screen.Was this the original mod of what your latest mod is based on?If so can that trip computer be activated in yours?Just a thought. :)

I think all the trip computers are based the same, they just show the data a different way. Sure I could change the one In mine with some work.. Now an I going to? probably not.. why? something different... :)