AVIC411.com

Stan/Andr2000 v3.0 main screen by dpdurst - update 3/15/10

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you David for providing and reconfiguring the themes to work on our units. I have installed most of them without any issues other than it takes a little longer to bring up the list when changing themes. I have no problem waiting a little more for the list in order to have a larger selection to choose from.Thanks again!

Thank you David for providing and reconfiguring the themes to work on our units. I have installed most of them without any issues other than it takes a little longer to bring up the list when changing themes. I have no problem waiting a little more for the list in order to have a larger selection to choose from.Thanks again!

Thanks! yea I have about 30 loaded and it takes a few to bring them up..

this Mod ist the only one i can run on my 500er, thank you for your work!!!

I have two questions: is it possibel to change the blue background into green background (while Navigation)?

How can i create a Dodge Nitro as 3DCar?

Best regards

1. Change of background to green? Yep piece of cake, stay tuned I'll get one going for you

2. Adding picture for 3D car. Its documented somewhere.. here it is.. hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------

to change the 3D arrow to a car model

download the 3DCars.rar file on the download link provided and extract it. (Don't have the DL link right now)

You have to edit the sys.txt

change the current values of this

3dcarsizemin=2500

3dcarsizemax=5000

3dcarsizemul=15000

To this

Code: Select all

3dcarsizemin=5000

3dcarsizemax=8000

3dcarsizemul=30000

and add this part to the [3D] section

car_day=hot_rod_red.mdl

car_night=hot_rod_red.mdl

ghost_day=hot_rod_red.mdl

ghost_night=hot_rod_red.mdl

You now have to transfer the desired carmodel and tex file to the gfx folder in the data.zip and change the names of the above code to your selected car model name

David,

Any new changes on the horizon? I am currently using this mod and I have to say so far so good. No hiccups or errors whatsoever. Thanks.

Mark

I agree.I can't fault it.I have tried others(which are still brilliant)but come back to this one.I like the distance to destination it is really easy to see.Also having the speed limit next to the actual speed is a big help.The only thing i would really like is the trip computer showing on the screen along the bottom like in some of the other mods.Absolutely love this mod.

I found the ding before nav announces annoying and could not find a setting to disable it (maybe I missed it).

1. Ding is from the turn restriction mod can't remove it

Technically you could by finding the ding sound file and replacing the audio file with an empty one. Not really sure how to create an empty audio file but I know it can be done.

I found the ding before nav announces annoying and could not find a setting to disable it (maybe I missed it).

1. Ding is from the turn restriction mod can't remove it

Technically you could by finding the ding sound file and replacing the audio file with an empty one. Not really sure how to create an empty audio file but I know it can be done.

..........or comment out the playsound from the ui file. That ding sound may be used elsewhere.

..........or comment out the playsound from the ui file. That ding sound may be used elsewhere.

Or turn it off somewhere in the settings (in original Stan/Andr skin it is, I believe, controlled by the lane info ding setting...

Or, for adventurous coders, make it configurable separately.

Or turn it off somewhere in the settings (in original Stan/Andr skin it is, I believe, controlled by the lane info ding setting...

Or, for adventurous coders, make it configurable separately.

Hmmm.... I might look into that. I'll put on my to-do list. The adventures of try to f up the nav unit continues. I don't have the original, mine is 8.3.2.90139.

The file for the dingdong sound is in the audio folder

!nav_dingding.wav

I have not heard this for anything else in the unit other than the turn restriction sounds. There is another file that does a single ding I have heard. It's pretty simple to just make a zero byte file with nothing and that would solve the problem. I have changed the file and attached if someone wants to test it out go for it. It should only effect the turn restriction mode.

For the other questions about my plans, None really. At some point shortly I need to delve into this and make my changes current with the Dec 2 release. There are a few things I am thinking about, whether they get done or not right now is another story..

!nav_dingding.zip

I'm trying to get this to work but keep getting an error message when i try to run the gps : "Unable to open ui_igo8/common/trackinglist.spr" Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure what your installing, my mod has that file in there so you should not be getting that error. What exactly did you load?

Confirmed this morning that the dingdong.wav file is in fact the one that is the issue. I have my current zip updated (not posted) I'll work this weekend on getting some updates done and try to bring this current as well to the new andr2000 changes for the Dec 2 file.