AVIC411.com

Stan/Andr2000 v3.0 main screen by dpdurst - update 3/15/10

Hi Dpdurst,

your mod looks really great! Would love to test it, but I am overwelmed by the pletora of themes. So I have a couple of questions, but first my data - you must be frustrated looking at other threads ;-):

Firmware 3.02 regular update

Right now IDTs new Mod is installed

AVIC -F900BT European

1. Do I need to unzip the GFX-Folder?

2. Does the huge amount of data you serve reduce the reagibility of the system? Does stuff get slower?

3. Can I copy all teh themes, or should I delete some, befor I install?

Last not least, the stuff with the flag looks really good.

thanks and greetings

jojool

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get the street sign icon on the bottom left to show?

Thanks,

Bryan

replaced the .bmp with one of my own.

Do you rememeber where on navigatemap the bmp is?

The sprites are the key

;route name and housenumber(next and the third road name)

;navigation.has_route map.follow x=20 y=8 z=10 w=600

Hi Dpdurst,

your mod looks really great! Would love to test it, but I am overwelmed by the pletora of themes. So I have a couple of questions, but first my data - you must be frustrated looking at other threads ;-):

Firmware 3.02 regular update

Right now IDTs new Mod is installed

AVIC -F900BT European

1. Do I need to unzip the GFX-Folder?

2. Does the huge amount of data you serve reduce the reagibility of the system? Does stuff get slower?

3. Can I copy all teh themes, or should I delete some, befor I install?

Last not least, the stuff with the flag looks really good.

thanks and greetings

jojool

1. GFX folder gets unzipped and then the folder is moved to the Unit

2. I don't know, I don't notice much. I think the unit is slow most of the time due to the BT stack from what I pay attention to. Turning off the BT phone seems to make it even faster.

3. You may be able to copy all the themes, but it will take some space. I removed all the poi, maps, building etc that I'm not using and then removed all Dem files but NA. The themes themselves stay zipped up and moved the scheme folder as you may already know.

Hi dpdurst ,I really like your mode but I have a problem when pass 10 mph gives me this message(system detected improper connection of parking brake)already changes the speed in pioneer .ini to 256 but still receiving the message what can I do to fix it .I was using IDT mode and have no problem.Thank You

• 2 weeks later...
Tengo un problema con el USB, después de instalar el mod.

El mod no es 100% de mí, pero funciona, el problema es que no reconoce el USB y también bloquea la unidad cuando puse mi USB.

Cualquier solución?

Use the Sd card slot. I don't speak espanol, but I think he is trying to install a mod with USB???

• 2 weeks later...
Tengo un problema con el USB, después de instalar el mod.

El mod no es 100% de mí, pero funciona, el problema es que no reconoce el USB y también bloquea la unidad cuando puse mi USB.

Cualquier solución?

Use the Sd card slot. I don't speak espanol, but I think he is trying to install a mod with USB???

Translation via Google Translate

I have a problem with the USB, after installing the mod.

The mod is not 100% on me, but it works, the problem is that it recognizes the USB and also locks the drive when I put my USB.

Any solution?

Tried to install your mod today and when trying to copy the gfx folder over it told me I was out of space and could not copy all files. Is there something I need to do before installing this.

I installed Diaftia's mod yesterday to check it out and that worked fine.

After your mod could not be completely installed I deleted the APL2 folder contents and restored from backup. I also deleted my userdata and restored from backup. I am now running on the factory version again. Pioneer official 3.02 update.

Let me know if you know anything I need to do.

I will probably try again tonight but at the moment I have other things to do.

Tried to install your mod today and when trying to copy the gfx folder over it told me I was out of space and could not copy all files. Is there something I need to do before installing this.

I installed Diaftia's mod yesterday to check it out and that worked fine.

After your mod could not be completely installed I deleted the APL2 folder contents and restored from backup. I also deleted my userdata and restored from backup. I am now running on the factory version again. Pioneer official 3.02 update.

Let me know if you know anything I need to do.

I will probably try again tonight but at the moment I have other things to do.

Free up some space by deleting maps you don't use.

Deleted Canada, Hawaii and Alaska mod and got the mod installed.

I found the ding before nav announces annoying and could not find a setting to disable it (maybe I missed it).

I used the flag version but found the clock too hard to read in that version, which would require a font color change if I stick with it.

Also when selecting a destination after POI search it does not let me see where it is on the map before selecting it as my destination like the stock Pioneer does. This may be because of the andr200 mod. I don't know because I hav not tried that yet.

Overall this is a fairly nice mod.

F.Y.I All (This is just my opinion and each of you need to try this if you want it and form your own opinion)

I tried the left right destination announce with this mod and found it too unreliable for my taste with my current setup, your mileage may differ. About half the time it announced the destination on the wrong side of the street. In one case I know the nav knows the destination is on the right but the announce says it is on the left.

Example of wrong announce:

I went to Fry's Electronics in Anaheim, CA. It is at 3370 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806. When I approach Fry's is on the right but the destination announce says I reached my destination on the left. If I approach from the west the nav tells me to go past Fry's and make a u-turn (it must think there is a divider) then again it tells me I reached my destination on the left. Obviously it knew it was on the right or it would not have told me to make a u-turn.

Update 11-26-2009:

N-S-E-W thinks this has to due with the POI search and what POIs are being used. He is using Navteq POIs and I am using the stock TeleAtlas POIs. I got his Navteq POIs and will try them today.

2nd Update 11-26-2009:

I tried the Navteq POIs for California and that resolved my left/right announce problem.

Deleted Canada, Hawaii and Alaska mod and got the mod installed.

I found the ding before nav announces annoying and could not find a setting to disable it (maybe I missed it).

I used the flag version but found the clock too hard to read in that version, which would require a font color change if I stick with it.

Also when selecting a destination after POI search it does not let me see where it is on the map before selecting it as my destination like the stock Pioneer does. This may be because of the andr200 mod. I don't know because I hav not tried that yet.

1. Ding is from the turn restriction mod can't remove it

2. Using the quick buttons on the top of the screen will not show you the map, clicking on the route plan button and then doing a search will show you the map before selecting.

These are because of the way the original mod was created.