AVIC411.com

Updated Maps

Hey all,

What is the official word on updating the maps yourself? I already have 3.01 + updated maps, but if I was to get the maps from a source outside of Pioneer, do I have to use the hacked ezRider or will they take simply by a copy/paste? I saw one of the mods had updated maps, 2009 version, but it also had a hacked ezRider, and I really would rather just leave the application and my current data.zip (Using IDT 3.0) alone.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The maps are just map files. Just download the 2009.6 maps, put them onto a flash drive. Then back up all your old maps(just in case), Delete them from your 'igo/content/maps' folder and then add your new maps. You should be rocking. Yes, the 3.0 / 01 update has older maps. They have the 2008/10 maps. After that, there are 2009.2 maps and then 2009.6 (latest) maps.

The maps are just map files. Just download the 2009.6 maps, put them onto a flash drive. Then back up all your old maps(just in case), Delete them from your 'igo/content/maps' folder and then add your new maps. You should be rocking. Yes, the 3.0 / 01 update has older maps. They have the 2008/10 maps. After that, there are 2009.2 maps and then 2009.6 (latest) maps.

Why is there even a license file? What is the point of the hacked ezrider?

I am not to sure, I thought it had something to do with the building files to be displayed in the 2.0 firmware, I could be wrong though. Right now, I have the ezrider, but no license file and all works good. I do have 3.0 though

Original EZRider uses only Pioneer's license file. Hacked EZRider uses any license file you throw at it. License file is necessary to actually use maps, POIs, buildings etc.

Original EZRider uses only Pioneer's license file. Hacked EZRider uses any license file you throw at it. License file is necessary to actually use maps, POIs, buildings etc.

So I can replace the ezrider.exe with the hacked one and then load the 2009.6 map files? Will this effect my existing data.zip?

So I can replace the ezrider.exe with the hacked one and then load the 2009.6 map files? Will this effect my existing data.zip?

You should be fine, the only possible issue is needing the license files. They are around somewhere... viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27547

ok for someone who doesnt hack their f90bt at all could one of you give me a step by step on how to do this exactly? I really do not want to brick my unit, i just want free updated software and maps =) Does this require me to hack my headunit in order to get the new maps? tahnks guys

ok for someone who doesnt hack their f90bt at all could one of you give me a step by step on how to do this exactly? I really do not want to brick my unit, i just want free updated software and maps =) Does this require me to hack my headunit in order to get the new maps? tahnks guys

Remember the update I'm helping you with is 'hacking' the unit, but that aside, here is the basic steps

1) download the maps, they're 1.6 gig

2) do some basic renaming, move certain maps into certain directories, get everything tidied up for iGo

3) boot the unit in testmode, replace ezrider.exe with the hacked version which allows non-pioneer maps

4) copy them maps over

5) copy the license file over

6) reboot, all should be well.

I'm going to try and package up a "Avic 2009.06 Map Update" and torrent it out.

Ok, just updated my maps. A few notes from my experience to pass along. I backed up my old files. You should too.

1) There was no basemap.fbl in the iGo 2009.06 release, so I copied my old basemap.fbl into the new CONTENT\MAP directory. This may not have been necessary but I didn't try deleting it to see what might happen, yet.

2) I didn't rename any files, at all. All the old files were named USA_State.fbl, the new files are named USA_State83TA_2009.06_090710.fbl and iGo still recognized them. This is also true for the buildings, dem and poi directories.

3) I couldn't copy everything from MAP over, WinCE told me that I didn't have enough space. Rather than argue with an inanimate object, I deleted all poi, building, and map files for Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Consequences be damned! I might go back one day and re-add Canada in case I go visit, but in the present that is entirely unlikely.

4) I left the old Pioneer license in place (Pioneer_PNA_NA@0810_(PremPOI,_TMC,_LM)_2008-12-18_NN747.lic) and just copied the new license file (GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic) into the same directory.

5) I intentionally deleted each directory before copying the new one over. This way there would be no mistakes on the part of WinCE or myself of not overwriting the older map, poi etc. I also did the same with ezRider.exe; deleting the old before copying the new.

6) This was my first time using USB in WinCE mode so I had to take an extra step. Of course, boot into testmode from SD. Go into control panel, usbStatusSwitch, select "Mass Storage Device" and click "Change". Now plug in your USB memory stick and it should show up.