AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Diaftia,

Great work on the mods. I installed them yesterday and tested them out for a little while today. I noticed an overlap with the lane guidance and highway signs. Is this in the navigatemap_800_480? If so I can just change the X coordinates.

Sorry it's a little blurry, I was driving.

Diaftia that is the lane info Lunar-Eclipse is referring to. I noticed that too but just set mine to bottom instead of top. It would be nice if the top setting put the lane info arrows just below the sign post.

I got my Pioneer Blue Night theme modified. I left the 3D view with the night colors because when I tried the day colors I thought it was too bright. I just changed the 2D colors to the same as the day colors.

Here is a picture of my modified off screen. I put the colors to red with a green outline for Christmas. After Christmas I will probably change t to all blue. The colors actually look better than the attached jpg file. It lost a little in saving to jpg. The pic is from the emulator. I tried to get a decent pic from the F7010BT but was using my cell phone and could not get one that showed the colors good.

I have not figure out how to change the date format so that I can also get the day. All I can tell is that the setting_800_480.ui seems to be passing the button press to a script in the ui_pioneer\common\ui\setting.ui file. The script looks like it runs there but I can't tell what it is accessing to actually set the date. Maybe it is inside a dll. If anyone figures it out that would be great but I will live with what I have for now.

If anyone wants my settings for displaying the time and date I would be happy to post them. Thanks agin to N-S-E-W for the info to get it working.

post-32782-12872760358719_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Diaftia,

Great work on the mods. I installed them yesterday and tested them out for a little while today. I noticed an overlap with the lane guidance and highway signs. Is this in the navigatemap_800_480? If so I can just change the X coordinates.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/Joe982/SNC00059.jpg

If you set them to the bottom there is no overlap. If for some reason you like them at the top I would disable the signboards. I will try to fix it but there is really no other place to put them if you want them at the top. I am running out of screen real estate. ;) I will think of something else to do. Maybe I can make it so the signboards are disabled when navigating when the lane info is chosen to be at the top. Seems like a lame solution though so I will think about it.

Diaftia,

Diaftia that is the lane info Lunar-Eclipse is referring to. I noticed that too but just set mine to bottom instead of top. It would be nice if the top setting put the lane info arrows just below the sign post.

The problem is then they are in the middle of the map. I know I will get complaints about that.

I got my Pioneer Blue Night theme modified. I left the 3D view with the night colors because when I tried the day colors I thought it was too bright. I just changed the 2D colors to the same as the day colors.

Here is a picture of my modified off screen. I put the colors to red with a green outline for Christmas. After Christmas I will probably change t to all blue. The colors actually look better than the attached jpg file. It lost a little in saving to jpg. The pic is from the emulator. I tried to get a decent pic from the F7010BT but was using my cell phone and could not get one that showed the colors good.

Just about to release an update. Made some cool changes to the screen if you have an MSN sub. If not it looks like yours but black and white. i like to keep the brightness down on the screen since its technically the "Screen Off" screen. ;)

here is a pic:

I have not figure out how to change the date format so that I can also get the day. All I can tell is that the setting_800_480.ui seems to be passing the button press to a script in the ui_pioneer\common\ui\setting.ui file. The script looks like it runs there but I can't tell what it is accessing to actually set the date. Maybe it is inside a dll. If anyone figures it out that would be great but I will live with what I have for now.

A script might have to be written. I am just not sure, from the factory, that the AVIC knows what "Tuesday" means. I will look into it when I get the time.

If anyone wants my settings for displaying the time and date I would be happy to post them. Thanks agin to N-S-E-W for the info to get it working.

post-26802-12872760359295_thumb.jpg

I like this mod. I have a question about the top bar, where the time and the compass are. My avic installed in my car is verry low and have a trouble seeing the top bar. Is there a way to make the bar a little bigger and set the time and compass lower?

Thanks.

To be honest that would mean that pretty much every single element would have to be resized and repositioned that shows up on the nav screen. I try to accomodate many requests but this one I just can't do. It would be weeks of work. All new images (backgrounds) and all new x and y positions for those images and everything beneath them.

Diaftia,

The problem is then they are in the middle of the map. I know I will get complaints about that.

Just about to release an update. Made some cool changes to the screen if you have an MSN sub. If not it looks like yours but black and white. i like to keep the brightness down on the screen since its technically the "Screen Off" screen. ;)

here is a pic:

[attachment=0]wr.jpg[/attachment]

A script might have to be written. I am just not sure, from the factory, that the AVIC knows what "Tuesday" means. I will look into it when I get the time.

I would love this. Can you post it?

Than ks

Jimbo

Diaftia,

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e154/Joe982/SNC00059.jpg

If you set them to the bottom there is no overlap. If for some reason you like them at the top I would disable the signboards. I will try to fix it but there is really no other place to put them if you want them at the top. I am running out of screen real estate. ;) I will think of something else to do. Maybe I can make it so the signboards are disabled when navigating when the lane info is chosen to be at the top. Seems like a lame solution though so I will think about it.

I must have completely overlooked that option in the settings. I'll move them to the bottom and see if they're to my liking. Otherwise I'll start sliding stuff around.

On a side note: I take a couple of months off from avic411 and now my mods look like a fisher price experiment compared to the stuff you guys are putting out :lol:

Thanks and keep up the good work.

As abb1 said the file for the no msn version is corrupt. It needs to be re-zipped and re-uploaded. When extracting it gets a CRC error on the data.zip and fails to extract it.

Here is the code for the time and date both on the off screen. According to the previous post Diaftia has added this to his data.zip file, plus a little more. You can compare this to the new data.zip.

In the data.zip file go into ui_pioneer\800_480\ui and open navigatemap_800_480.ui scroll down to the bottom of the file and you should see the ;Time on blank screen section. This is the code for both time and date. The added date info and changed y coordinate are in bold.

;Time on blank screen

You can change color and color2 settings to change the text color. Color is the main text color. Color2 is the outline color. Glowsize is the size of the outline color.

Your non-msn DATA.zip is corrupt in your latest update. I tried both downloads! The msn version is fine but the non-msn version isn't

Damn.... Never fails. Of course I don't have my laptop today. Left it at home. Will remove the links until I can get to it this afternoon (posting this from my phone).

;Time on blank screen

Btw I figured out that if you want to change the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD then you can change the formatmodel in the date format to formatmodel="local.long_dateformat"

...and by doing it that way you probably won't be able to chose another format from the regional settings.

Strangest thing... I tried the non-msn version on my emulator and it seemed to work fine. Either way I zipped up a new file and created a new zip package. Can someone try the file in the first link now to verify things are working for the non-msn version?

Thanks,

Alex