AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Man I thought I had got them all. Really I am not sure how much I can do in the phone stuff. That is not part of the iGo config. Are you telling me that when loading different mods the phone stuff starts to work? If I understand what is happening, I would imagine that at some point you are going to need to disconnect that parking brake wire to get full functionality.

I dont know about the phone stuff. I dont use that part. But yeah, in the settings menu, the System settings and GPS settings cant be used without pressing the brake in. They did work with your 9-15 version though.

Thanks for the link.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

As for the signposts... just grab the signpost files from another mod. N-S-E-W added some transparency to the images I am using and you should just be able to replace the images if you don't want it.

Alex

vansmack2 - The bmp for signposts on page 4 does not have any transparency. Extract it from the zip and paste it in your common folder. Don't use the laneinfo_signpost.ini unless you want blue sign posts.

Ok, one problem that I have found while testing this out. The street name covers the clock and bluetooth icon. The prior mod had the street name cut off just before the clock, but the new version just goes right over the clock and bluetooth. This sucks because I need to see the clock in the morning! Here is an example:

thanks for your help, I know there is a mod out there for the phone and systems issue. the other issue I had on your mod today is all works fine, then when I turn the car off and back on I can enter everything in the destination except for the street numbers they are not available and I have to reload my maps?

Tom

Ok, one problem that I have found while testing this out. The street name covers the clock and bluetooth icon. The prior mod had the street name cut off just before the clock, but the new version just goes right over the clock and bluetooth. This sucks because I need to see the clock in the morning! Here is an example:

Ok that is a width setting I must have gotten wrong. I will note it down. Width on current street non shielded text when not in route. Got it. That should only happen on streets when the label is that large.

Ok that is a width setting I must have gotten wrong. I will note it down. Width on current street non shielded text when not in route. Got it. That should only happen on streets when the label is that large.

How can I fix this?

thanks for your help, I know there is a mod out there for the phone and systems issue. the other issue I had on your mod today is all works fine, then when I turn the car off and back on I can enter everything in the destination except for the street numbers they are not available and I have to reload my maps?

Tom

Sorry I am not understanding your post.

Issue 1: I will search on the phone and systems issue. If you have any information to point me to I will take a look at it.

Issue 2: Do you mean street numbers when entering a destination from the quick menu? If when entering a destination I have had that problem too once. I think it happens when I enter the zip code for a city and not the actual name. Try that if that is the problem you have had and let me know. I have not been able to reproduce it in a while. Either that if it happens again try to think about what was done up to that point. I will do the same.

How can I fix this?

Ugh! How annoying is that? I posted a bunch of detail for this and now that I look back I never made it into the thread.

Short version is it's the w= setting for the current street plain text when not in route. It's clearly marked about 1/3 the way down the navigatemap_800_480 file. I think it's 580 now from memory. Make it about 520 or so. You are going to want to do it for next street plain text in route too. I think I just did the shielded text.

Short version is it's the w= setting for the current street plain text when not in route. It's clearly marked about 1/3 the way down the navigatemap_800_480 file. I think it's 580 now from memory. Make it about 520 or so. You are going to want to do it for next street plain text in route too. I think I just did the shielded text.

Thanks Alex, I will try that along with my 'ajg_wood.bmp' file for a better background of the speedometer. I will post my results

You've got a Xmas gift via paypal.

I love the mod so much I bought another refurb AVIC-F700BT for my second car.

Now, I just need someone to modify the video player on this unit so it would play anything I throw at it. Then It would be a perfect GPS unit. Is there a way to launch CorePlayer from the IGO menu? I recall seeing a Run Application button somewhere in the settings menu.

Thanks Alex, I will try that along with my 'ajg_wood.bmp' file for a better background of the speedometer. I will post my results

Yes, let me know what you come up with. I am not against changing them to a different default. That was just an easy one to make. Someone else wanted me to put this one in. Not too bad either.

AJG_Aurora_iGo.bmp.zip

You've got a Xmas gift via paypal.

I love the mod so much I bought another refurb AVIC-F700BT for my second car.

Now, I just need someone to modify the video player on this unit so it would play anything I throw at it. Then It would be a perfect GPS unit. Is there a way to launch CorePlayer from the IGO menu? I recall seeing a Run Application button somewhere in the settings menu.

Thanks for the donation! I know its not easy during the holiday season so I just want to say thanks to you and all the others that have graciously donated recently.

Glad its working out well. If its enough to buy another AVIC I think I am doing a good thing here. Just started out doing it for myself. I am glad that its working out so well for others.

As far as running a program these are the directions I have from Stanislavovich:

To run any application you must copy it in any next folder

\Storage Card\Programs\

\Usb Disk\Programs\

\My Flash Disk\Programs\

and rename it into "application.exe"

I haven't done much playing with it but others have said it works great. The program just needs to be able to run on WinCE.

Alex

I just installed the newest version of this mod (12/7/09) and it is amazing! Thanks Diaftia! I love it! I have a few questions about some of the functions though. In the "Extras" menu, there is the option to "Record". What does this do? I push it and the little icon appears on the map screen but then I can't figure out what to do with it. Can someone help me out? Does this record where my car is driven?

I just installed the newest version of this mod (12/7/09) and it is amazing! Thanks Diaftia! I love it! I have a few questions about some of the functions though. In the "Extras" menu, there is the option to "Record". What does this do? I push it and the little icon appears on the map screen but then I can't figure out what to do with it. Can someone help me out? Does this record where my car is driven?

Yes, its supposed to. For some people it works great. The ones that it woks great for are the ones whose trip computers seem to work perfectly. You should then be able to go into the manage logs and playback the recording in a simulation. I got it to work once when my tripcomputer was working. Worked great which tells me the code is good. Its the elusive bug that seems to break it.