AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Yes, let me know what you come up with. I am not against changing them to a different default. That was just an easy one to make. Someone else wanted me to put this one in. Not too bad either.

[attachment=0]AJG_Aurora_iGo.bmp.zip[/attachment]

heh, yeah doesn't look as i had hoped but does look much better imho. :mrgreen:

Question - Did you change the zoom or something on the 3D view with this update? Dunno, mine just seems to be sooo close. :?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Yes, let me know what you come up with. I am not against changing them to a different default. That was just an easy one to make. Someone else wanted me to put this one in. Not too bad either.

[attachment=0]AJG_Aurora_iGo.bmp.zip[/attachment]

heh, yeah doesn't look as i had hoped but does look much better imho. :mrgreen:

Question - Did you change the zoom or something on the 3D view with this update? Dunno, mine just seems to be sooo close. :?

Nope... nothing in that area. You can turn off smartzoom and set it where you want if you like.

Hi Alex,

Happy holidays to you.. I have noticed a small "sniglet" which I am not sure is intentional or not, but I have discovered that the Overview mode ( which I use a lot when navigating) is not working when the smart zoom is on. What I see happen is the Overview mode screen will come on briefly and then immediately go back to the scale that I have already set. Not the close up but normal operation for me is the 1500 ft scale. Then as I get closer the screen does the zoom in. After I make the turn if the distance to travel is more than 4 miles for example the screen would go to the overview mode. Now it does not. If I turn off the smart zoom, the overview mode will work.

Here is the function that I believe is missing.

Restore Smart Zoom..

Allows you to set whether Smart Zoom is to be reactivated after changing the map scale, tilt, or rotation. Is it possible to get this back in the mix?

Thanks

M

Hi Alex,

Happy holidays to you.. I have noticed a small "sniglet" which I am not sure is intentional or not, but I have discovered that the Overview mode ( which I use a lot when navigating) is not working when the smart zoom is on. What I see happen is the Overview mode screen will come on briefly and then immediately go back to the scale that I have already set. Not the close up but normal operation for me is the 1500 ft scale. Then as I get closer the screen does the zoom in. After I make the turn if the distance to travel is more than 4 miles for example the screen would go to the overview mode. Now it does not. If I turn off the smart zoom, the overview mode will work.

Here is the function that I believe is missing.

Restore Smart Zoom..

Allows you to set whether Smart Zoom is to be reactivated after changing the map scale, tilt, or rotation. Is it possible to get this back in the mix?

Thanks

M

Hmm I see what you mean. I just did it in an emulator. It certainly does zoom out to the full level and then come right back down. I will take a look at it. Thanks for finding it.

Alex

Short version is it's the w= setting for the current street plain text when not in route. It's clearly marked about 1/3 the way down the navigatemap_800_480 file. I think it's 580 now from memory. Make it about 520 or so. You are going to want to do it for next street plain text in route too. I think I just did the shielded text.

Nope, 520 still covers the bluetooth icon, but the clock is clear. I will try 500. My bmp works great at the larger size. Here is a pic of it:

Hi Alex. Great mod as usual.

Little glitch. In the overview mode, I have no problem with it doing the close up after I'm within 3mi (my setting) of the next instruction. It then goes back to overview, 2d, north up. Good. The problem I have? The cursor (car icon) stays in the 3d, heads up, position. It should move to the center of the screen. Its terrible when heading south, you only have a half inch of map showing. Any ideas? Thanks again.

As for the signposts... just grab the signpost files from another mod. N-S-E-W added some transparency to the images I am using and you should just be able to replace the images if you don't want it.

Alex

vansmack2 - The bmp for signposts on page 4 does not have any transparency. Extract it from the zip and paste it in your common folder. Don't use the laneinfo_signpost.ini unless you want blue sign posts.

I got it and will give it a try. Thanks.

Hi Alex. Great mod as usual.

Little glitch. In the overview mode, I have no problem with it doing the close up after I'm within 3mi (my setting) of the next instruction. It then goes back to overview, 2d, north up. Good. The problem I have? The cursor (car icon) stays in the 3d, heads up, position. It should move to the center of the screen. Its terrible when heading south, you only have a half inch of map showing. Any ideas? Thanks again.

UGH! I thought I got all of these! Can you give me the steps to reproduce it? Settings and map views? I should be able to get it when working on getting the overview and smartzoom stuff working.

I went and looked at Stanislavovich/Andr2000's current release. Looks like they may have seen these bugs before because in the current release they have removed the ability to turn off smartzoom at all. Probably related to all these variables being hard to trace down. I am going to try to work this out but I have a feeling it might take a bit to work out. IMO this stuff is where the code starts to get complex.

Set a route thats a distance away. The instructions will take you to a highway or whatever, then when the next instruction is more than 3mi (my settings) it goes into overview mode. Once within 3 mi, the zoom in mode works again as usual. Again, the problem is the position of the cursor when in overview mode. Hope this helps.