AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Strangest thing... I tried the non-msn version on my emulator and it seemed to work fine. Either way I zipped up a new file and created a new zip package. Can someone try the file in the first link now to verify things are working for the non-msn version?

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks, it works fine this time!

Well, the mod and the bluetooth feature works great. The 'phone home' with the bluetooth button and the full features that this mod has makes this the most featureful and truly the best NAV mod out there to date. Congrats Alex on a job well done! I do haave one question though. The background bmp's you used for the speedometer ( AJG_Wood.bmp) was in your Nov 5 mod at 1.09 mb. It is now only 308 kb and I could not even open the file. Why has it been reduced so much? The reason that I am asking is that I would like to change this as I have in all my other mods because I got a sharp looking background for that, however, it is at 1.09 mb and at 24-bit colour depth, and I dont want to screw this mod up as it is running perfectly now

Well, the mod and the bluetooth feature works great. The 'phone home' with the bluetooth button and the full features that this mod has makes this the most featureful and truly the best NAV mod out there to date. Congrats Alex on a job well done! I do haave one question though. The background bmp's you used for the speedometer ( AJG_Wood.bmp) was in your Nov 5 mod at 1.09 mb. It is now only 308 kb and I could not even open the file. Why has it been reduced so much? The reason that I am asking is that I would like to change this as I have in all my other mods because I got a sharp looking background for that, however, it is at 1.09 mb and at 24-bit colour depth, and I dont want to screw this mod up as it is running perfectly now

Glad you like it. :)

The file was made smaller with the ipaq image viewer that is mentioned on page 5 of this thread by N-S-E-W and myself. You can convert it back to standard bmp with the same utility.

;Time on blank screen

Btw I figured out that if you want to change the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD then you can change the formatmodel in the date format to formatmodel="local.long_dateformat"

I tried the "local.long_dateformat" and got a date like you stated but that still does not give me the day of the week like I wanted. I experimented with that setting to see if I could change anything there. It seems if it does not like the setting (invalid setting) then it just displays the default ISO standard time format.

I got the re-uploaded NoMSN file and extracted it without a problem. Thanks.

Where did you move the date code for the Off Screen to in this 12/7/09 version? I checked the navigate_800_480.ui file and you have the code in there commented out now but the time and date are still displaying. Please let me know so I can modify it to my liking. Thanks.

If I want to make the signpost solid instead of the opaque ones that are currently there what does this involve? Is it just a matter of replacing bitmaps or are there other settings that also need to be changed. I liked the old solid green with the dimmed one that brightened for the correct exit (no big deal though).

Hello All,

New here to posting but been following various threads and done other mods in the past. I've downloaded and installed this fab mod and been running for a few days now with no problems after the initial memory glitches. I'm on the non MSN version in the UK. I seem to have lost my TMC traffic information. Do I need to make some changes somewhere to re-enable the functionality? Can anyone help please?

thanks

Hello All,

New here to posting but been following various threads and done other mods in the past. I've downloaded and installed this fab mod and been running for a few days now with no problems after the initial memory glitches. I'm on the non MSN version in the UK. I seem to have lost my TMC traffic information. Do I need to make some changes somewhere to re-enable the functionality? Can anyone help please?

thanks

Check the sys.txt file.At the top make surethe device is set to pioneer 746 EW.If not you can change it with a text editor file(notepad)

Alex,

As always great mod. One quick question for you. Did you at one time have a toggle for the street numbers? Not sure if it was you or someone else. I would like to have the ability to turn them on or off or have them come on during navigation. If it is a hassle, don't worry about it; with the address of the final destination showing and the voice telling you which side of the street it is on, it won't be a big deal for me with the street numbers if it is problematic to do it.

Regards and happy holidays.

M

;Time on blank screen

Btw I figured out that if you want to change the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD then you can change the formatmodel in the date format to formatmodel="local.long_dateformat"

I tried the "local.long_dateformat" and got a date like you stated but that still does not give me the day of the week like I wanted. I experimented with that setting to see if I could change anything there. It seems if it does not like the setting (invalid setting) then it just displays the default ISO standard time format.

I got the re-uploaded NoMSN file and extracted it without a problem. Thanks.

Where did you move the date code for the Off Screen to in this 12/7/09 version? I checked the navigate_800_480.ui file and you have the code in there commented out now but the time and date are still displaying. Please let me know so I can modify it to my liking. Thanks.

If I want to make the signpost solid instead of the opaque ones that are currently there what does this involve? Is it just a matter of replacing bitmaps or are there other settings that also need to be changed. I liked the old solid green with the dimmed one that brightened for the correct exit (no big deal though).

Its now in the msnd_800_400.ui file. I had to move it there so that I could get the weather stuff displayed. Weather is a finicky beast. I put it all the way at the bottom so you should be able to find it easier. There is other stuff that is included up higher in other layers and those are marked with AJG.

As for the signposts... just grab the signpost files from another mod. N-S-E-W added some transparency to the images I am using and you should just be able to replace the images if you don't want it.

Alex

Hello All,

thanks

Check the sys.txt file.At the top make surethe device is set to pioneer 746 EW.If not you can change it with a text editor file(notepad)

Also make sure the regional settings are set as they should be.

Alex,

As always great mod. One quick question for you. Did you at one time have a toggle for the street numbers? Not sure if it was you or someone else. I would like to have the ability to turn them on or off or have them come on during navigation. If it is a hassle, don't worry about it; with the address of the final destination showing and the voice telling you which side of the street it is on, it won't be a big deal for me with the street numbers if it is problematic to do it.

Regards and happy holidays.

M

It should be in one of the settings under map display settings. I am about to hop in the car for a meeting so I will double check, but I am 99% sure they are in there. I redid the settings to make them easier to navigate as the lists were getting long so they might be in a different spot then they were before. I don't think I left them out on accident but I guess its possible.

EDIT: Yep, just checked and it's there. Under the info displayed on map area.

Alex

Yea, I told Alex about that issue during beta testing. But it still hadn't been fixed with the latest release. Maybe by the next update. An issue I had this morning was that I couldn't change view mode while in route(by pressing the compass).

n00b question. What is the POI icon patch thing for in the settings? :oops:

Yea, I told Alex about that issue during beta testing. But it still hadn't been fixed with the latest release. Maybe by the next update. An issue I had this morning was that I couldn't change view mode while in route(by pressing the compass).

n00b question. What is the POI icon patch thing for in the settings? :oops:

Man I thought I had got them all. Really I am not sure how much I can do in the phone stuff. That is not part of the iGo config. Are you telling me that when loading different mods the phone stuff starts to work? If I understand what is happening, I would imagine that at some point you are going to need to disconnect that parking brake wire to get full functionality.

Regarding the POI patch thing you can get the details here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24444&p=190677&hilit=patch#p190677