AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Thanks for the donation man! I always appreciate it.

No need for thanks, I wish it could be more, bro. things are tight, you know. but i will send more when i can. i would pay hundreds for the improvements you provide.

i will try your tip on the schemes because the original backup i have did already have some mods applied and i'm not sure which....

Will let you know.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Thanks for the donation man! I always appreciate it.

No need for thanks, I wish it could be more, bro. things are tight, you know. but i will send more when i can. i would pay hundreds for the improvements you provide.

i will try your tip on the schemes because the original backup i have did already have some mods applied and i'm not sure which....

Will let you know.

Dude don't even worry about it. It was perfect.

Yeah I have 4 default schemes in mine that were modded only to support multiroute. Try just running those 4 and if that doesn't work find a fresh 3.0 backup to go to.

Hi,

I am using the EU version of the mod and I am very pleased with it but... (there is always a "but", isn't it :wink: ). "Forbidden directions" are giving the wrong icons, "forbidden to turn right" instead of "forbidden to turn left" and the reverse, however I would rather like the signs for "allowed directions", white arrows on blue rectangular fields, instead of the "forbidding signs" with six situations: "turn left", "turn right", "turn left or right", "straight on or turn left", "straight on or turn right", "straight on".

And another more practical question: Is it possible to show POI's (with the exception of the speedcamera's, they do) on the map, like parking places, fuel stations etc.?

Thanks,

Hugo

Love the mod and use it regulary. One question/request:

When navigating (using pioneer blue in case that matters), the highway road signs are set up so that the one you should be taking is 'highlighted' to be brighter, while the rest of the signs are normal. While the intent seems to be to 'highlight the choice', the effect is that the normal signs are MUCH more readable, while the highlighted sign feels 'greyed out' as in 'don't take this choice'.

Is there some sys.txt setting I can use to control that (either make the darker signs much more 'greyed out' or something?) If not, is that something that you can add/fix in the next release?

Its in one of the config files for the lane info I believe. I am not sure I get what you are saying though. Do you think that this pic reflects what you are saying? The right sign (Stoneridge) is the exit it wants me to take and I have to say its definitely "popping" more than the other one as the highlighted choice. You don't think so?

post-26802-12872760939628_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am using the EU version of the mod and I am very pleased with it but... (there is always a "but", isn't it :wink: ). "Forbidden directions" are giving the wrong icons, "forbidden to turn right" instead of "forbidden to turn left" and the reverse, however I would rather like the signs for "allowed directions", white arrows on blue rectangular fields, instead of the "forbidding signs" with six situations: "turn left", "turn right", "turn left or right", "straight on or turn left", "straight on or turn right", "straight on".

And another more practical question: Is it possible to show POI's (with the exception of the speedcamera's, they do) on the map, like parking places, fuel stations etc.?

Thanks,

Hugo

Hmmmm.... for the first part I have been working with Merten3000 on this stuff. I dont have an EU model so its hard for me to see this stuff. Let me see if he is aware of anything. Actually, can you answer me this? Do these only show when you go into the signs displayed on map and select Turn Restrictions to on?

As far as POI's go you can certainly turn on POI icons. They are all branded too and not generic. Go into settings then hit the manage button at the bottom. From there it will look the way you are accustomed to.

New version up...

Speedcameras now display in smaller format when signpost is up so there is no overlapping on the freeway. clicking the signpost removes the signpost as usual and restores the speedcam to their original format.

FINALLY fixed the problem where supressing a speedcam type would still have the distance to speedcam appear on the map.

Added a quickmenu for some system and route settings. Activate on long press of quickmenu button.

Changes, updates and bug fixes to the split screen.

TMC button created for EU users (Merten3000 needs to update)

Multipoi icon fix

post-26802-12872760946007_thumb.jpg

post-26802-1287276095101_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Thanks,

Hugo

Hmmmm.... for the first part I have been working with Merten3000 on this stuff. I dont have an EU model so its hard for me to see this stuff. Let me see if he is aware of anything. Actually, can you answer me this? Do these only show when you go into the signs displayed on map and select Turn Restrictions to on?

As far as POI's go you can certainly turn on POI icons. They are all branded too and not generic. Go into settings then hit the manage button at the bottom. From there it will look the way you are accustomed to.

Alex,

I have noticed the same thing. Essentially when I was at stop light where I could only turn right on a one way street, it shows the turn restriction the other way, essentially telling me that I am only allowed to turn left.

This only happens when turn Restrictions are set to on in the "signs displayed" option.

This is on a US version, running the 01/07 mod version.

Not a big deal for me, I just turned to option off.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in, can't wait to try the 1/14 version.

P.S: Donation sent :-)

Looks great, can't wait for Merten to upload EU version.

I have been using other mods so far, but will give it a try, especially for the clean look.

Have you ever thought about the Caller ID Window blocking the system while on a call? With the expertise you have now on the system, do you thing we can get rid of it? Or preferably make it disapear after one minute on a call?

This is really the only "feature" of the system that still drives me nuts and I know from other European Forums there are a lot of poeple who feel the same.

Again, looks like great work, donation will be on its way once tested

Jörg

Nice Alex, always improving on an excellent mod. I just have a question, what exactly are the changes inb the split screen map? That and the quick menu would be the key aspects for me to go to this because the speedcam data is irrelevant to me, as I live in Ontario and speedcams are non existent here by law, so the speedcam data does not relate to me :)

Could you tell me if it is possible to use this mod on my F710BT? I ask since it is not lists at the top of the sys.txt file?

Also i'm in the uk, but we use miles... should i download the EU version and just look into changing the setting over to miles from km in the avic settings or is it something you need to do in the mod?

Hi,

Thanks,

Hugo

Alex,

I have noticed the same thing. Essentially when I was at stop light where I could only turn right on a one way street, it shows the turn restriction the other way, essentially telling me that I am only allowed to turn left.

This only happens when turn Restrictions are set to on in the "signs displayed" option.

This is on a US version, running the 01/07 mod version.

Not a big deal for me, I just turned to option off.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in, can't wait to try the 1/14 version.

P.S: Donation sent :-)

This is a known bug in the igo software version 8.3 and nothing I can do anything about until they patch it. The problem is that the igo software is polling for this at the wrong time. It's the reason I have that feature off by default. That problem is going to happen in everyones mods. Sorry there is not too much I can do about that one. Just turn it back off for now until igo update us (or pioneer releases 4.0), which it looks like you did.

Thanks the Donation Hugo! Helps keep me going. ;)

Alex

Looks great, can't wait for Merten to upload EU version.

I have been using other mods so far, but will give it a try, especially for the clean look.

Have you ever thought about the Caller ID Window blocking the system while on a call? With the expertise you have now on the system, do you thing we can get rid of it? Or preferably make it disapear after one minute on a call?

This is really the only "feature" of the system that still drives me nuts and I know from other European Forums there are a lot of poeple who feel the same.

Again, looks like great work, donation will be on its way once tested

Jörg

Ugh, trust me I would love to change this. This is under Pioneers control as well. This comes from the Pioneer exe's. I watched some of vblue42's videos of the new x series and it appears that they have fixed this annoyance. They have also made it so the map is still clickable. I HOPE that they pass this down to us in a future update.

Alex

Nice Alex, always improving on an excellent mod. I just have a question, what exactly are the changes inb the split screen map? That and the quick menu would be the key aspects for me to go to this because the speedcam data is irrelevant to me, as I live in Ontario and speedcams are non existent here by law, so the speedcam data does not relate to me :)

I removed the city because it didn't update the way it was supposed to. Only updated when the menu was clicked. Also made it so that the default position of the meter was different because when you started a route you could partially see it until a turn came up. Also removed the speedcam when not in route. Speedcam's dont really work with the not in route visiblemodel so it never came up when not in route. Only the distance to speedcam did. I *think* thats it other than some small alignment things. You can use windiff to see the difference in the files.

Could you tell me if it is possible to use this mod on my F710BT? I ask since it is not lists at the top of the sys.txt file?

Also i'm in the uk, but we use miles... should i download the EU version and just look into changing the setting over to miles from km in the avic settings or is it something you need to do in the mod?

It *shouldn't* be a problem. They are running the same version of Igo. Just make a backup before you change any files. If all else fails you can roll back the changes. But I think you should be fine. I have heard there are even some x-series guys running my mods.

If you use the EU version you will get the blue signpost signs as well as the EU speed signs. You can see the list of things that Merten added. Both versions will support KM though. Just go into the regional settings and tell it to use KM.