AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Alex -

Still enjoying this latest set of mods. One thing that my old factory GPS used to do that I'd like to see on the F90BT is what happens if I don't hit any buttons during the boot sequence. In other words, if I didn't hit okay on the nag screen within 60 seconds, it would switch to a screensaver (clock). If I wanted to navigate, I'd touch the screen, and it'd bring me back to the nag screen.

Think this is do-able? Especially cool with MSN Direct running...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Hmm... I have not seen the map rotation issue. I will check into it. I have one other possible reported bug related to map overview mode and maybe these two things are related. I just havent seen it yet. If you can give me any steps to reproduce the problem that would be great. If its simply leaving it in 3D and it reverting back to 2D that I can do. ;)

You can get to TMC right now by pressing the hard menu button and clicking destination. From there click the MSN image I believe. I am working with Merten3000 to put a TMC button from the quick menu so this is easier for EU people.

Regarding the directional arrows do you mean the lane info arrows? If they are at the bottom they are the old ones. If they are at the top they are the new style since they are smaller. To be honest the old ones are easier to see so I use those when at the bottom.

Thanks for the donation too!

Hi Diaftia,

I will doublecheck this 3D issue, may be I could prepare a youtube video.

TMC Access: It's just an idea to integrate it the same way as in the "ultra" Mod for PPC and integrate it in your settings quickmenu? See my screenshot from the ppc Version:

img0083hs.jpg

Directional Arrows: A picture says more than 1000 words :D

Arrows (marked in red) in 8.3 in the ppc Version:

img0081p.jpg

and in your version (marked in red also):

img0080we.jpg

If I could help you or merten3000 (esp. in the europeen version or do a beta test) feel free to contact me,

Regards

Andreas

Hi AndreasF,

you can change the Arrows to Strips in SYS.TXT

by adding or changing the following parameters:

show_guidance_arrows=0

show_guidance_strip=1

for some reason the US guys tend to use the arrows from post 3.0 in their mods, I prefer the strips as well

hope that helps

Jörg

Hi AndreasF,

you can change the Arrows to Strips in SYS.TXT

by adding or changing the following parameters:

show_guidance_arrows=0

show_guidance_strip=1

for some reason the US guys tend to use the arrows from post 3.0 in their mods, I prefer the strips as well

hope that helps

Jörg

In my personal version I believe I have them both set to 1. ;) But yes, Jorg is correct, this is a sys.txt setting.

I will look into the TMC thing. There was a button there in the past that I removed because the entire quick menu was unused code even in the originally Pioneer version that I cleaned up and made usable. They had wanted it to be a full screen thing with a background. Let me see what I can do.

You pretty much need to have Photoshop and then swap out the images that are in image.res. I have not played with that side a lot. What I do know is that you can make it look different by using different images in the place of the originals. But of you want to rearrage things that cannot be done. I would try one of their threads or start a new one. You can go into a lot of detail on this

can you tell me which maps i should use? i have the 2009.6 teleatlas but it has my home off by about 2 blocks? could i use different maps or is this common? also how do you feel about the leet launcher mod, running different gps software? i have not tried it but have been reading thread..

Alex -

Still enjoying this latest set of mods. One thing that my old factory GPS used to do that I'd like to see on the F90BT is what happens if I don't hit any buttons during the boot sequence. In other words, if I didn't hit okay on the nag screen within 60 seconds, it would switch to a screensaver (clock). If I wanted to navigate, I'd touch the screen, and it'd bring me back to the nag screen.

Think this is do-able? Especially cool with MSN Direct running...

That screen (to hit OK at the prompt) is a function of the commonlib.dll. You can see carvers thread on how to remove that nag screen altogether. If its removed via editing the code in that binary I am sure the redirect would be part of it too. I loaded his stuff and it always goes to the last screen I used. In my case usually the map.

Why is there a dedicated non-MSN version? Can't the feature be turned off on the MSN version?

thanks

Its really only a difference in the quickmenu. The MSN version has buttons there. The non-MSN version does not. You actually just gave me an idea on how I might be able to detect MSN subscription data and make one version though, so thanks. ;)

thanks for the mods, i just have one question, how come the quick menu does not work on my F500 US, i press and hold down the menu button on my unit, nothing happen, or is it because it's the F500, this is the feature that i want the most, thanks

It is not specific to device type. Its simply a long press of the button. Same as any other button. Are you sure you have the latest 2.3 version? That is the main difference between 2.2 and 2.3.

You pretty much need to have Photoshop and then swap out the images that are in image.res. I have not played with that side a lot. What I do know is that you can make it look different by using different images in the place of the originals. But of you want to rearrage things that cannot be done. I would try one of their threads or start a new one. You can go into a lot of detail on this

can you tell me which maps i should use? i have the 2009.6 teleatlas but it has my home off by about 2 blocks? could i use different maps or is this common? also how do you feel about the leet launcher mod, running different gps software? i have not tried it but have been reading thread..

2 blocks? That seems like a lot. I personally use an updated version of the original maps (I think they are teleatlas?). Can never remember what the original map provider is. Sounds like the same as yours though. You can try removing the gpspara*.bin files and have it relocate you to see if that helps.

2 blocks? That seems like a lot. I personally use an updated version of the original maps (I think they are teleatlas?). Can never remember what the original map provider is. Sounds like the same as yours though. You can try removing the gpspara*.bin files and have it relocate you to see if that helps.

i do that every time i mod. actually i live at 228 and in my yard it has me at 378