AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Hey Alex, I have a quick question, on your menu icons, you have four blank ones with nothing in it. Now hard would it be for me to have one of them going to the AV screen, or somewheres else of my choosing?

This menu system is designed to be much easier to work with. The older one was a pita. This one is really. Just follow the pattern. If you want me to create a blank button and post it I can. Let me know. Eithe that or I can just post the entire psd file from keeper that I work with.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Alex - I found three .DS_Store files in your zip. I wonder if those are contributing to the out of memory issues some users are getting. From what I can tell they serve no purpose and may have been created by the MAC program you used to zip the file???

I'm not at the point yet where I can install this (I don't use an emulator) to re-create the memory issue. Will someone who does have the problem, please delete those instances from the zip. There is one in the ui_pioneer folder, one in the 800_480 folder and one in the common folder.

I run bootcamp on my mac so that I can access the windows partition to grab images for editing in Photoshop on the mac side. I hate that the mac leaves those files behind. They ***shouldn't*** have an effect on the file but you never know. I used to remove them but got tired of doing it. I should flush them out and will do that.

Will someone who does have the problem, please delete those instances from the zip. There is one in the ui_pioneer folder, one in the 800_480 folder and one in the common folder.

Tested: No solution, always "Out of Memory" in the same Route, at the same Crossing ..... :(

Greetz Horizont

Additional: My V1- or V2-Mod is running without any Memory-Probs when setting "Next info when navigating" to "Waypoint" or to "OFF".

can you turn off illustrated text and let me know if the problem persists?

Hi.Just tried out your mod and i really like it.When i tried to simulate/fly over i got an out of memory error message and i had to restart the unit.It happened about 3 miles into the simulation.Any ideas please.I would like to keep this on if i can.Thank you.

Update

Turned off full spoken voice warning for speed cameras and unit completed 2 simulated routes with no problem.Could this be it?Will try again with spoken warning back on.

hmm... I know IDT had problems with the spoken warnings rebooting his unit. Found out that the audio files for the spoken warning were causing it. I am pretty sure it was the male audio files and not the female ones though. Can you turn them on and the illustrated text off and let me know if it does it? Then, if it still does it, turn spoken warnings off and let me know if it does it.

can you turn off illustrated text and let me know if the problem persists?

Hi Diaftia,

I just tested this, and: IT IS RUNNING !!! (with showing next street).

In my case this "Illustrated text" is only a street-number without a street-name. That must be the reason.

Ok, you are the second person this has fixed it for. I think I am going to have to set this to off by default with a warning script that prompts the user about potential memory issues with the setting.

Are you on a 700?

Hi.Just tried out your mod and i really like it.When i tried to simulate/fly over i got an out of memory error message and i had to restart the unit.It happened about 3 miles into the simulation.Any ideas please.I would like to keep this on if i can.Thank you.

Update

Turned off full spoken voice warning for speed cameras and unit completed 2 simulated routes with no problem.Could this be it?Will try again with spoken warning back on.

hmm... I know IDT had problems with the spoken warnings rebooting his unit. Found out that the audio files for the spoken warning were causing it. I am pretty sure it was the male audio files and not the female ones though. Can you turn them on and the illustrated text off and let me know if it does it? Then, if it still does it, turn spoken warnings off and let me know if it does it.

OK,latest update.All simulations carried out on the HU.

Spoken warnings-ON for all tests

Illustrated text ON -out of memory error

illustrated text OFF-Simulation completed OK

illustrated text back ON-Out of memory error at same place on simulated route

illustrated text back OFF-Simulation completed OK

I will continue running tests throughout tonight and report back with results.

I've been trying to alter a couple of things to make this mod more UK friendly.I have managed to change the colours on the motorway sign posts(Highway?) from green to blue,and also changed the speed limit box to a red circle.Trouble is the numbers are not in the middle of the circle and i can't find how to either move the circle down or the figures up.Can anyone help please?

I've been trying to alter a couple of things to make this mod more UK friendly.I have managed to change the colours on the motorway sign posts(Highway?) from green to blue,and also changed the speed limit box to a red circle.Trouble is the numbers are not in the middle of the circle and i can't find how to either move the circle down or the figures up.Can anyone help please?

ovalball - to change the location of the speed sign and speed sign text, you need to alter the scripts800_480.ui file too. They're currently locked in based on the locations there.

Find this and alter from there. No matter what you put in navigate map file it won't move as you've discoved. The script in the scripts file was created to have the on/off settings for that sign. Change the else_run x locations sprSL1 is the bmp and the other is the text.

runif vFullScreenSpeed "0" 'sprSL1.x 800, txtSL1.x 800'
else_run 'sprSL1.x 725, txtSL1.x 731' 	

What did you change to get the blue sign to show? Did you use my method? Maybe you can give the info to merten3000.

EDIT **** Files to change to blue roadsigns in below post.

The file I had posted on page 2 was wrong. Here is the correct file to change the overhead road signs to blue.

You can either 1) extract the files in the zip and place them in the common folder and re-zip your data file, or 2) reomove the ui_pioneer folder from the attached zip and drop it in your apl2 folder (the same place your your data.zip goes in).

I also darkened the blue color. It does look better than this crappy picture.

signpost template bmp & ini.zip

post-24694-12872760331862_thumb.jpg

I just installed this to try to re-create the memory error, plus to change the roadsigns to blue for merten3000. I started with all the features turned on, and simulation at many different speeds. In the picture above notice the simulate speed is 5157 mph.A few minutes earlier I had a signal and the speed voice was announcing the speed of the test speed camera I set up during simulation. The road signs were on as well as the text scrolling on the current street. At the moment it's running really smooth on my 500. Bear in mind that I do not have a radio tuner nor was I playing any music through the sd slot.

I installed the zip after removing the .DS_Store files and I also found two other files in the zip that began with a (.) that I removed prior to installing. I ran the provided sys.txt with the only change to it being the selection of the unit I'm running. Hope this helps others. I'll run it a bit more tomorrow.

I just installed this to try to re-create the memory error, plus to change the roadsigns to blue for merten3000. I started with all the features turned on, and simulation at many different speeds. In the picture above notice the simulate speed is 5157 mph.A few minutes earlier I had a signal and the speed voice was announcing the speed of the test speed camera I set up during simulation. The road signs were on as well as the text scrolling on the current street. At the moment it's running really smooth on my 500. Bear in mind that I do not have a radio tuner nor was I playing any music through the sd slot.

I installed the zip after removing the .DS_Store files and I also found two other files in the zip that began with a (.) that I removed prior to installing. I ran the provided sys.txt with the only change to it being the selection of the unit I'm running. Hope this helps others. I'll run it a bit more tomorrow.

It is awesome all the testing that you are doing with this mod. So far I have not had any memory errors with this mod at all. The only difference that I did between this mod and the Nov 5th mod was that I had speed warnings enabled in the first mod. I dont know if that caussed the memory errors or not, but it is unlikely that a voice file caused this. The .DS_Store files are just taking up space but should cause no issues in any program. This is Apples way of putting their footprint in any files that is used in their computers for memory and storage purposes. Another reason that I am not a Mac fan!

ovalball - to change the location of the speed sign and speed sign text, you need to alter the scripts800_480.ui file too. They're currently locked in based on the locations there.

Find this and alter from there. No matter what you put in navigate map file it won't move as you've discoved. The script in the scripts file was created to have the on/off settings for that sign. Change the else_run x locations sprSL1 is the bmp and the other is the text.

runif vFullScreenSpeed "0" 'sprSL1.x 800, txtSL1.x 800'
else_run 'sprSL1.x 725, txtSL1.x 731' 	

What did you change to get the blue sign to show? Did you use my method? Maybe you can give the info to

merten3000.

EDIT **** Files to change to blue roadsigns in below post.

Many thanks for your help.Regarding the sign posts i just changed the code for the colours as you described.On the speed sign mod,do i just change one of the figures(say the 725 to 731)will this lower the position of the bmp?

Got MSN error again on No MSN version.

It says FFUI Error.

FFUIERROR: Unknow object identifier Identifier=[ui_QuickMenuButtonMSN] Script "[unnamed]" command 5

As you should be able to see by the picture this was on the Extras screen.

I was on the main Nav screen without a route, pressed the folder icon (so that I could get to settings), pressed the Extras button then went to press the Settings button. The error popped up just as I was pressing the settings button. I am no sure if I pushed the settings button correctly or hit the screen just below the settings button because my hand slid slightly below Settings button then I saw the error pop up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the Time with the Date on the off screen using the info from N-S-E-W. I can post a pic and my settings later.

I have not figured out a way to get the day of the week displayed yet. I see settings for date format in the setting_800_480.ui file. I played with them a bit but don't yet understand what everything is doing to know if I can change the date format. My current date format is MM/DD/YYYY. My thinking is that if there is a way to change the regional setting for date format then it could be changed to DDDD, MMM/DD/YYYY. This would allow it display the date on the off screen like this, Friday, DEC/04/2009. since it is getting the date format from the system setting that is set in the regional settings. Any thoughts on this?

DD = Two digit date like 12

DDD = Abreviated day like Fri for Friday

DDDD = Full day like Friday

MM = Two digit date like 12

MMM = Abreviated month like Dec for December

MMMM = Full month like December

Here is the info from the setting_800_480.ui file:

I also want to change the Pioneer Blue Night screen to have the same color as the Pioneer Blue Day screen except with the night skyline. I have not looked at the files yet to see what I need to change.

post-32782-12872760339856_thumb.jpg