AVIC411.com

Ok so I installed the flasher bypass awhile back cause my unit was one of the first out. But what I am hearing is that if I do the BT update that will no longer work right? At that point what will I be able to do to get it bypass again? Thanks for the great forum and help!

Read the second and fourth post in this thread.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I installed the flasher bypass awhile back cause my unit was one of the first out. But what I am hearing is that if I do the BT update that will no longer work right? At that point what will I be able to do to get it bypass again? Thanks for the great forum and help!

I think what some are reporting, but it's not totally confirmed yet, is that you'll be able to do the July 07 bypass....doing the connector 2 ground, etc.

but, that's totally not confirmed yet as to what that does. Meaning, does that do anything else, etc.

I think we are all waiting on some more testing.

I'm going to wait on Ducatiboy to confirm all this.

I think we are all waiting on some more testing.

I'm going to wait on Ducatiboy to confirm all this.

I do plan on doing this update to my personal March 06 unit. Verifying that this really stops the flasher from bypassing and also that the 2 wire ground will then bypass the unit. I just won't be able to get to this till Sunday at the earliest. I will do this and report on my findings, but I can't do it for a few days.

i downloaded the BT fix from Sminntech.com, unzipped and burned to cd, inserted the cd in my Z1 and it tells me a CD ROM has been inserted but that's as far as it goes. do i need to be in a particular place on the Z1 to activate or enable it, or enable some kind of autoplay? i'll keep messing with it but if someone can offer advice i'll be the guinea pig for this fix. thanks

such is the life of a guinea pig, i got the disk installed (need to be on map screen). i reregistered my phone and tried test phone calls on various volume and speaker settings. i was told the echo was still there but not as bad but i also had the spkr volume turned right down so with any outside noise it would probably be too quiet to hear anyways. to summarize it, i don't think the echo issue is fixed and now i've disabled the flasher. i tried methods 1,2, and 3 of rebooting the HD but i still cannot override the lockouts. Ducatiboy, we'll be looking for a new fix from you.

such is the life of a guinea pig, i got the disk installed (need to be on map screen). i reregistered my phone and tried test phone calls on various volume and speaker settings. i was told the echo was still there but not as bad but i also had the spkr volume turned right down so with any outside noise it would probably be too quiet to hear anyways. to summarize it, i don't think the echo issue is fixed and now i've disabled the flasher. i tried methods 1,2, and 3 of rebooting the HD but i still cannot override the lockouts. Ducatiboy, we'll be looking for a new fix from you.

woodman171,

you could just try the connector 2 ground bypass and see if that works. Since your flasher doesn't work anymore, I would try that.

woodman, what exactally did you do to get the update to work? I have the same problem you did. All i get is cd rom inserted after putting in the cd. I've tried inserting it on both the av and map screens but get the same response.

Do you need to put the iso file in any type of folder? i just burned it all by itself on the cd. Do I need to include dummy data with it to equal at least 100mb?

I have the newer HU that is bypassed using the two ground wires since the flasher circuit did not work.

Any input on this problem would help.

Thanks

woodman, what exactally did you do to get the update to work? I have the same problem you did. All i get is cd rom inserted after putting in the cd. I've tried inserting it on both the av and map screens but get the same response.

Do you need to put the iso file in any type of folder? i just burned it all by itself on the cd. Do I need to include dummy data with it to equal at least 100mb?

Ah, I knew this was going to happen when I saw that the file was an ISO. An ISO is not a file you put on the disk, the ISO file is instructions to tell a burning program to re-create the disk. See the difference?

CD roms (and dvd's for that matter) have all sorts of settings to configure and they also contain data. This ISO file has both, it's a snapshot of the CD, so another program on another computer can re-create an identical copy of the disk.

I don't know what program you use for burning, but you can't use windows cd writer. In Nero, I believe you click on Burner - Burn Image (or in 7 it's File - burn image). Look here for a more complete list.

http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

or

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Storage/Q_20707634.html

Had a feeling something like that was going on...when I clicked on the iso file on my computer, a CD copy program opened and asked if I wanted to burn the CD....Just like it was supposed to.

Will give it another try and report back on the installation and the 2 wire bypass.

You are a life saver..Thanks again!!

Again, ducatiboy comes through with flying colors. I was able to burn the iso image into a usuable update cd and the unit updated just fine.

And the good news is the 2 wire bypass is unaffected--all funtions are still available while driving including DVD viewing!!

Now i just need someone to call to see if the echo has been fixed.

If anyone needs the update CD, just let me know and I will be happy to mail it out to you.

Again, ducatiboy comes through with flying colors. I was able to burn the iso image into a usuable update cd and the unit updated just fine.

Thanks, but the real appreciation should go to LeonPhelps who was the actual one who posted the CD first. He was the one who got this for us. I just thought posting it to my server might make it a little easier for people to download. Not that I couldn't figure out Rapidshare, but it was a little bit of a PITA and I have the bandwidth to host that file (I hope). :) And it looked like you figured out the burn the iso on your own. But I'm glad that whatever I posed helped you out.

Again the the true thanks goes to LeonPhelps for hooking us up with this to begin with!

And the good news is the 2 wire bypass is unaffected--all funtions are still available while driving including DVD viewing!!

That's good to know. I hope maybe to test this for myself tonight if I can.... with my March 06 unit.

Now i just need someone to call to see if the echo has been fixed.

Sure what's your phone number? :D Please don't post it, I'm just kidding. Hopefully you have more friends than I do, and one of them will call you.

Yah! I just hosed my Z1. Yah update disk. It made it to 99% and then popped up with an error. No it's in a reset/update loop. I can't reset the unit or get into the factory screen. All I do is 99% and it fails and wants to try again. I can't get past that... yet. I burned 2 disks, same brand, at different speeds and neither works past 99%. I'm going to try to hunt down a different brand. I might have to yank my hard drive and try loading the saved image on to the drive.

ducatiboy, try different media, that sounds like a read problem. I have NEVER found the speed in which you burn to be the culprit (even in xbox modding) this update worked fine for me the first time on media that I had used prev. for image editing in the d2, so I was sure it would read fine in this case..

also, something to note about this update, it seems to have improved the ipod interface and its features. Such as the delay often complained about when searching through playlists and artists and such. It is noticeably faster now. Maybe because of a reset, maybe not. also, when flipping from one song to the next, it displays at the bottom of the screen MUCH faster what it is now playing.

This fix DOES work, it improves a few things besides the bluetooth. for those still having problems, I would suggest mic placement, and possibly making the phone sounds come out of ONE speaker.. maybe the right, opposite where the mic might be placed. Now dont get me wrong, this fix isnt perfect, but it does improve the widely bitched about problem(s)

I had a look at the image itself, it has the label: 061011_1530.

This suggests that it was compiled by Pioneer on Oct. 11th, 2006 - which means that they've most likely decided to insert some code that disables Ducatiboy's flasher.

This really sucks for anyone who bought the flasher (including me) and is looking for a fix for their "defective" Bluetooth unit.