AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

I have no doubt there is. If there is, they will never let on. I have worked for the US side of a Japanese company in the past that worked exactly as I see things happening at Pioneer. We monitored the forums on our products but we never let on. Its just something you don't do. We had an F series type fiasco that pretty much ruined our rep as the industry standard in the products we manufactured. I also, was the only one there that really seemed to care to get issues addressed and I was nearly an outcast for it. They did what they wanted to do and there really didn't seem to be any method to the madness for the design decisions that were made. In the end the company didn't survive as it did in the previous decade. The name is still around but the company is a fraction of what it was in the 80's and 90's.

Enron? :lol:

Oh how I crack myself up.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the same story here in Canada. I really feel this to be true too as I have heard several people on here stating that. Also, why would a rep lie about that? It would make no sense for a rep to do so. If anything they should be totally denying that as to get people more interested in their new 2010 products. I am anxiously awaiting my Z110BT any day now. I felt comfortable enough to shell out another wack of cash for a replacement H/U. I will be looking for that update later this year too.

Will Z120BT be any different specs than of Z110BT ?????

Cuz I am contemplating between Z110Bt or X920BT

and X series have lower specs.....

but if nothing is gonna change with Z120BT other than its GUI which is gonna be upgradable on Z110BT

Would Z110BT be a better investment?

From what other members have said, the navigation engine in the X920 will be changed from previous X versions to the same one used in in the new Z series products.

Therefore, both the Z120 and the X920 will be running the exact same software for the first time.

This means you will get a larger screen and more features like dual-zone video in the Z/more inputs/faster processor?, with the X920 having no advantage at all over the Z other than a built in MSN tuner.

Somebody correct me if I got any of that wrong.

From what other members have said, the navigation engine in the X920 will be changed from previous X versions to the same one used in in the new Z series products.

Therefore, both the Z120 and the X920 will be running the exact same software for the first time.

This means you will get a larger screen and more features like dual-zone video in the Z/more inputs/faster processor?, with the X920 having no advantage at all over the Z other than a built in MSN tuner.

Somebody correct me if I got any of that wrong.

MSN tuner, discontinued.

X will have less features navis wise, display wise IE POints of interest, it will NOT be the same software.

All of the navigation manufacturer's engineers have very little vision, and ZERO knowledge of what their customers want. Eco routing. That's what they come up with.

But, Pioneer's stuff is to the point where they're close to having a great product. The new high-res displays are great. If those &%$#%^ guys had just put some more useful features into the navigation like searching for POI along a route, it really would be a flagship product.

The people at this forum could give Pioneer 100 great and simple things to roll out with the next update, but apparently Pioneer knows what's best and has no desire to listen. Instead, they're going the route of the cell phone manufacturers. Keep jamming useless features into it and never mind the fact that the phone call quality sucks.

Frustrating is right.

PS. My new X910 is a nice little unit! Some drawbacks, but it certainly beats the pants off the Z110 navigation wise. It will work nicely until I can drive up to Crutchfield and see JVC's and Kenwood's new navs in a couple months.

We also had the JVC training, very nice units coming from them this year.... the DDIN 815 for one....

First, I appreciate all of the comments posted here, as I am trying to decide between going ahead with Z110bt (and upgrade later) or wait for the 9960 (I currently have a Z1 upgraded to Z3). I don't know if this exact question has been asked, but I don't think so. Since I use my iPod with the unit as much or more often than the nav, which should be better for iPod, iPhone use, the Z or the 9960? If, as vblue 42 says, the UI on the Z110bt is better, I would guess the Z.

Also, on the upgrades, are we at the mercy of the Pioneer DVD upgrades since there is no longer a HDD for Garrett to upgrade for us?

VBLUE has an iPhone so I imagine whatever he says about the iPod interface is correct.

I have an iPod touch but never felt like dropping the money on the cable for it for my Z3 so I can't give you a comparison, especially since I don't have the 110 yet either.

We MAY be at the mercy of Pioneer but I bet there's a pioneering member on here somewhere that will be able to crack the updates. (No pun intended :mrgreen: )

First, I appreciate all of the comments posted here, as I am trying to decide between going ahead with Z110bt (and upgrade later) or wait for the 9960 (I currently have a Z1 upgraded to Z3). I don't know if this exact question has been asked, but I don't think so. Since I use my iPod with the unit as much or more often than the nav, which should be better for iPod, iPhone use, the Z or the 9960? If, as vblue 42 says, the UI on the Z110bt is better, I would guess the Z.

Also, on the upgrades, are we at the mercy of the Pioneer DVD upgrades since there is no longer a HDD for Garrett to upgrade for us?

I am in the same boat, I wanna purchase a Double din but can't decide between Kenwood DNX9960 future reliability, or X920BT lower specs, or Z110BT upgradability to Z120BT future GUI........

I also mainly use ipod and iphone in my car most of the time....

The pioneer ipod interface has always been better in the past. Doubt the 9960 changes that

MSN tuner, discontinued.

X will have less features navis wise, display wise IE POints of interest, it will NOT be the same software.

With all due respect, MSN Direct is all over the manuals listed here, clearly shown in the menus, and the Z hardware is not supposed to change.... leaving an MSN tuner jack on the back.

Both the Z and X share the same manual here, too, and same menu screens pictured throughout. How do you know the software will be different?

MSN tuner, discontinued.

The manuals indicate otherwise and the manuals still reference the same MSN module for both units. Where are you getting your info?