AVIC411.com

Abb's New 'CHROME THEME' --RADICAL UPDATE V1.5--May 23

very nice work on this new skin. you must of been working on this for a long time. very nice mix of themes and great chrome look. this is just an all around skin for any car.

Thanks, yeah, it is taking a while, now especially with the Nav section as I am just getting used to the s ripting end of it. I initially wanted an exclusive Nav part for myself, and now I would like to post it as well, but I don't think that I can because I have an F700, in otherwords, No MSN, No EU. I don't know if that will appeal to many people. Also, this mod is exclusive for the Chrome theme, so you would need it

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm drooling man.... I got a F900BT and I live in the deep south, I don't need msn,eu, tech support, just the mod man....come on..I'm hurtin' here... :mrgreen:

got me hooked man..I gotta learn to code. Someone needs to post a how to manual. I will donate....

I'm drooling man.... I got a F900BT and I live in the deep south, I don't need msn,eu, tech support, just the mod man....come on..I'm hurtin' here... :mrgreen:

got me hooked man..I gotta learn to code. Someone needs to post a how to manual. I will donate....

I sent it to you. Test it out and let me know if there are any problems. REMEMBER- NO MSN!

As far as learning to code, it is fairly simple. The key thing is to get the practice and know what commands do. The best way is to make a copy of your Data.zip, use that for experimenting and just change stuff around to practice. The easy thing is that all shortcuts, icons, etc., are placed by pixel height and width starting at 0 for both at the top left corner. For the placement of shortcuts, icons, etc., x is the vertical position going to 480, and y is the horizontal position going to 800. Look at the coding to get familiar with the commands and keep in mind that most of the UI for the texture placement can be found in 800_480/UI folder while the actual hard coding can be found in COMMON/UI folder. When playing, always make sure that you have a backup of your present Data.zip. If the scripting is incorrect, then your system will boot until you hit the NAV part and you will have an error showing you what script it cannot find (LOL, I had lots). Then just fix it or replace your working Data.zip. Hope this helps.

Me, I dont take donations because the mods that I do, I do for myself! If it is good and people want to use it, I will share it! If I take donations, then I would be expected to make mods for others that I cant test myself (eg. MSN, EU, etc.) and I will be spending countless hours troubleshooting which I do not have time to do

I sent it to you. Test it out and let me know if there are any problems. REMEMBER- NO MSN!

As far as learning to code, it is fairly simple. The key thing is to get the practice and know what commands do. The best way is to make a copy of your Data.zip, use that for experimenting and just change stuff around to practice. The easy thing is that all shortcuts, icons, etc., are placed by pixel height and width starting at 0 for both at the top left corner. For the placement of shortcuts, icons, etc., x is the vertical position going to 480, and y is the horizontal position going to 800. Look at the coding to get familiar with the commands and keep in mind that most of the UI for the texture placement can be found in 800_480/UI folder while the actual hard coding can be found in COMMON/UI folder. When playing, always make sure that you have a backup of your present Data.zip. If the scripting is incorrect, then your system will boot until you hit the NAV part and you will have an error showing you what script it cannot find (LOL, I had lots). Then just fix it or replace your working Data.zip. Hope this helps.

Me, I dont take donations because the mods that I do, I do for myself! If it is good and people want to use it, I will share it! If I take donations, then I would be expected to make mods for others that I cant test myself (eg. MSN, EU, etc.) and I will be spending countless hours troubleshooting which I do not have time to do

Hey Abb

Thanks for the tutorial. I have used everyone of your schemes from the dates you release them.

I have also learned alot from your posts, which allows me to make suttle changes to my liking.

I'm still using your red blast theme because it matches the interior of my car the best, but the chrome theme, like all others, looks excellent.

Keep up the good work.

Ah man, this is nice, I love it. Wife and I drove around awhile and everything works fine that I checked, have not gone too deep into it yet but so far I love it.

One question, and this is not about your mod but on all the mods I used so far the "no left" or "no right" turn icon is always opposite of what it should be? It appears and disappears pretty quickly as you are moving but if I pull up to a one way that is right turn only it always flashes the "no right turn" icon.

Can I fix this? Has it been addressed before?

You should definitely take donations bro, I can barely earn a living anymore...all I do is sleep 2 hours a day and !u#k with this radio. Gonna have sale the house. Its gotta go.... :mrgreen:

Ah man, this is nice, I love it. Wife and I drove around awhile and everything works fine that I checked, have not gone too deep into it yet but so far I love it.

One question, and this is not about your mod but on all the mods I used so far the "no left" or "no right" turn icon is always opposite of what it should be? It appears and disappears pretty quickly as you are moving but if I pull up to a one way that is right turn only it always flashes the "no right turn" icon.

Turn restrictions have never worked properly with 3.0 and after. The Russian guru's think the problem lies somewhere in the ezrider. AFAIK, nobody has figured out a solution. That's one of the reasons most of the mods have an option to turn them off.

Turn restrictions have never worked properly with 3.0 and after. The Russian guru's think the problem lies somewhere in the ezrider. AFAIK, nobody has figured out a solution. That's one of the reasons most of the mods have an option to turn them off.

Yeah, I have always turned them off as they are NEVER accurate!

Well, this is a side project that I was working on as I wanted a NAV mod that was exclusive for my Chrome theme. This was originally IDT's skin 3 map because of the many features (Phone, mapchanger, AV hide button), however, I totally redesigned it as I found that all those large icons were covering too much real estate, so I came up with this alternative.

INFOMAP WHILE DRIVING

cr12.jpg

INFOMAP WHILE NAVIGATING

cr13.jpg

Abb, How do I get to this screen? I may need a feature map...Oops, I forgot, NO TECH SUPPORT!!! :twisted:

Well, this is a side project that I was working on as I wanted a NAV mod that was exclusive for my Chrome theme. This was originally IDT's skin 3 map because of the many features (Phone, mapchanger, AV hide button), however, I totally redesigned it as I found that all those large icons were covering too much real estate, so I came up with this alternative.

INFOMAP WHILE DRIVING

cr12.jpg

INFOMAP WHILE NAVIGATING

cr13.jpg

Abb, How do I get to this screen? I may need a feature map...Oops, I forgot, NO TECH SUPPORT!!! :twisted:

click the infomap button on the main screen. The blue ball with the 'i' in it. That is the button for now. It will soon be changed.

very nice, I was used to getting current location info, I guess. I thought I pressed them all.

Thanks, this is very nice.

Yeah, that is the wrong button for the splitscreen map. That is why I am changing it. I have also changed the inside of the splitscreen slightly, with now a bigger clock that is more readable.