AVIC411.com

Abb's New 'CHROME THEME' --RADICAL UPDATE V1.5--May 23

They definitely get better every time. I can't wait to see whats next but I'm gonna enjoy this.

You know what would be really cool, if you could press a poi icon on the nav screen and trigger a route, like the return home button, this would probably be problematic but it would be really cool, anyone think it is possible?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u guys are teasing us, when can we try it?

When it is 100% (in my books anyways)! There is still a few things that I want to do with this. I want to make sure that this will be close to perfect because I dont have time to troubleshoot and WILL NOT, because I am at work 14 hrs a day without computer access. I am on leave until this Saturday, so I am hoping on having it completed by then........Hoping!

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

You keep blowing my mind, my friend?

Shit, add a longclick comand to the menu button to make it all go away, just the navscreen, maybe press the moon to bring it all back....

I'm just kidding, this is perfect...but so was the last one. I am definitely keeping both versions.

And!!! (as i pat myself on the back) by editing the sys.txt, the data file, etc.. I was able to seamlessly switch over and keep all my settings as well as maintain all conten folder data (both sets of maps, schemes, etc..) being read from SD.

Slowly learning :mrgreen:

P.S. My wife is gonna leave me over this radio. She say the only time she see me is from the kitchen window, through my windshield, silhouetted by the romantical glow of my avic

I know where you are coming from friend.....

To those that are testing out my NAV mod, I have mad a few changes. You can just redownload from the same update link.

**Fixed the problem where the text was coming out of the NAV box, can you please confirm this as I have not had much time to test it

**Added a current speed box in the NAV pane as there was only a current speed normally and not while navigating

**Removed the current speed box while not navigating. I found this just to be an extra icon that was in the way and the speed was so small that it was difficult to read anyways. I have moved the 'current speed' in the top left hand corner behind a transparent text box that is larger and easier to press to bring up the onboard trip computer. The speed now matches the clock on the opposite side. *PLEASE let me know if you find the speed in the left hand corner too big as I am hesitent on this but I wanted to match the clock, but I still might make it smaller. Give me your thoughts

**Added an extra layer of transparency to the 'MENU' button as I thought that it was too much 'in your face' before

Everything looks good to me Abb, I do not see the clock being to big and all the fonts seem to be inline. The only thing that stood out to me is illustrated in the pictures below and this may be unavoidable with current configuration.

If I press the clock to bring up the on board trip computer you can see I get the red arrow in top left corner by the flag to hide the trip computer

if I press the red arrow I get the current speed on top of flag as well as below the stop route button..

I will test this further as I only made a quick trip to accountants office and snapped these in yard when I got back. I have to meet a Realtor at lunch and will test more on the way there and back.

post-30542-12872762058291_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872762062952_thumb.jpg

looks nice but where can i download yours mod, thanks

you can download works done by Abb1 here http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=29179 but he has not released his chrome theme mod. He is still testing it but I think he may release it soon if you read back over this thread..

Actually, the Chrome Theme can be downloaded on the first post. It is only for the Main and AV section though. The Nav part I am still working on, actually, it is pretty much completed, I am just doing a few finishing touches. When I release the Nav section for this mod, I will put it in a new thread as there are too many testing pics in this thread

Well, the Nav mod is now totally in its final stage and it will be up shortly. It looks different from the beta version as I have made a few changes that needed it. I just want to thank those that tested it and you can download the final version by the same link as my server has been updated.