AVIC411.com

Abb's New 'CHROME THEME' --RADICAL UPDATE V1.5--May 23

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it will be great news once it is out!

I'm with you bro, is there an eta?

No idea, but there must be some radical changes because this has been in the works for a bit. I am really looking forward to this. I just hope that they can get the mapchanger function to work as now that I have it, I'm spoiled and can't be without it :)

do you see any benefit to try moving the igo folder and all maps to an sd card to free up space on the unit and have all the NT maps? I read some about it but it doesn't seem to be ready for prime time.
Actually, it would be a disadvantage as that reading data from an SD caard is a LOT slower than reading it from Flash. I think it would cause performance issues big time as well as an occasional crash. That is why I would not even consider that. All my maps are on TA, and NT have just canada and New York as I dont travel anywheres outside of that, and if I do, I will just use my TA maps.
do you see any benefit to try moving the igo folder and all maps to an sd card to free up space on the unit and have all the NT maps? I read some about it but it doesn't seem to be ready for prime time.
Actually, it would be a disadvantage as that reading data from an SD caard is a LOT slower than reading it from Flash. I think it would cause performance issues big time as well as an occasional crash. That is why I would not even consider that. All my maps are on TA, and NT have just canada and New York as I dont travel anywheres outside of that, and if I do, I will just use my TA maps.

that is not completely accurate! It is true that flash is more faster than sd but, I have been running the entire content folder from sd since the map changer and never had any issue.

that is not completely accurate! It is true that flash is more faster than sd but, I have been running the entire content folder from sd since the map changer and never had any issue.

Could you post the script you use, I would at least like to test a couple scenarios with it.

I've often found (in my life) what works for one may not work for another. Although I do prefer more faster...

Abb,

I drove about 150 miles today on state hi-ways and the mod performed wonderfully.

Excellent, one thing I need you to check out. I have made a few changes to the splitscreen as you can see on page 2. I am wondering if the speed Font is in the way of speed signs. I cant tell that here as I dont have them. You can redownload the updates by the same link that I provided earlier

Could you post the script you use, I would at least like to test a couple scenarios with it.

I've often found (in my life) what works for one may not work for another. Although I do prefer more faster...

BorisM wrote:

Another thing, mostly for fun...

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and copy content folder form th? flash disk, you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc.

BorisM wrote:

Another thing, mostly for fun...

If you put

content="Storage Card\IGO\Content"

in the [folders] section of sys.txt and copy content folder form th? flash disk, you can run iGO with data off of the storage card... rather handy if you want to experiment with different maps, schemes etc.

Cool, thanks. As soon as I seen this realized I had read it a dozen time, sorry

Abb,

I drove about 150 miles today on state hi-ways and the mod performed wonderfully.

Excellent, one thing I need you to check out. I have made a few changes to the splitscreen as you can see on page 2. I am wondering if the speed Font is in the way of speed signs. I cant tell that here as I dont have them. You can redownload the updates by the same link that I provided earlier

Yes, I see what you were concerned about. Gotta go left a few clicks

post-30542-12872761939241_thumb.jpg

post-30542-12872761945051_thumb.jpg

Yes, I see what you were concerned about. Gotta go left a few clicks

Damn, that is what I was afraid of. Nope, going left isn't going to cut it when navigating. Got some work to do :(