AVIC411.com

Am curious about the voice rec

How does the voice rec work do you have to press a button on the z1 itself or do they give you a button on the steering, I know they sell steering controls seperate, and I know the mic is included on the z1 but how does it work, do you have to repeat often cause it doesn't understand ?? Just curious before I get mine today or tomorrow
[quote name="edrock200"]Voice rec? What feature is this?[/quote]

oh voice recognition...theres a button both on the screen and on the optional steering wheel remote. I generally don't have to repeat and it's pretty good. It does seem to be innacurate if my windows are down.
[quote name="Tyrant11429"]cool what kind of commands are you impressed by[/quote]

Well, it doesn't work on the Avic-Z1, but my wife has a 2006 Acura MDX and you can hit the little voice button and say

"Find closest Acura Dealer"

And it does. I'm pretty impressed with that. :)
Overall I am pretty happy with the unit, but the voice recognition SUCKS. Today I tried to get it to dial phone numbers for over a half an hour, it never got it right once. There are a few commands that work well with it, like return home. For the most part it sucks and the frustration is more distracting that just using the buttons on the screen.

Dustin
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="Tyrant11429"]cool what kind of commands are you impressed by[/quote]

Well, it doesn't work on the Avic-Z1, but my wife has a 2006 Acura MDX and you can hit the little voice button and say

"Find closest Acura Dealer"

And it does. I'm pretty impressed with that. :)[/quote]

on my sisters TL when ever i drive it with my mom in the car i always get her with "what time is it?" and she goes to answer then the car tells you. she gets embarrassed, its funny. you should try it.
I use the phone dialing feature all the time. I memorize most of the #'s I use and the voice recognition hasn't gotten it wrong for me yet. I think a portion of the problems that people are having might have to do with mic placement and noise levels in the car.

Commands I use often are:
Return Home
Point of Interest
Display Telephone (Book) If I say book it mistakes it for back, so I just don't say the word book and it still works)
XM
iPod
Traffic on Route
Traffic Events
Reroute
# Map Scale
Mine works great. Did you mount the mic properly?

[quote name="dustind33"]Overall I am pretty happy with the unit, but the voice recognition SUCKS. Today I tried to get it to dial phone numbers for over a half an hour, it never got it right once. There are a few commands that work well with it, like return home. For the most part it sucks and the frustration is more distracting that just using the buttons on the screen.

Dustin[/quote]