AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

Hi ABB . Are you planing to update this mod?

No, this mod is as complete as it is going to get. If I was to update it further, I would have to put in menu layers, and then it would just be turned into my V3, which I am working on now. I will have V4 out by this weekend and it will be an 'All-in-One' with a new updated 'Chrome Theme' as well. That will be my next update which is now complete, I just have to try to find the time to make a new thread and upload it.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ABB . Are you planing to update this mod?

Hey bigboy,

I just inform abb that I am going to have an update to v2.75 since he no longer has intention to do so. If you are among the few that are still using this excellent mod (with smartzoom working among other things), it will worth the wait. Abb has already designed excellent graphics, but there will be lot of improvements that I can't myself described, especially in the functioning and operation of the software. Previous software has lot of small problems for my usage, although I don't think those are the results of abb's works (his Chrome mod v2.x was derived from other mods in this forum), and they have been corrected.

This should be coming in the next week or two.

Please bear with me :cool:

Hey bigboy,

I just inform abb that I am going to have an update to v2.75 since he no longer has intention to do so. If you are among the few that are still using this excellent mod (with smartzoom working among other things), it will worth the wait. Abb has already designed excellent graphics, but there will be lot of improvements that I can't myself described, especially in the functioning and operation of the software. Previous software has lot of small problems for my usage, although I don't think those are the results of abb's works (his Chrome mod v2.x was derived from other mods in this forum), and they have been corrected.

This should be coming in the next week or two.

Please bear with me :cool:

This is good news for the forum Chuck,thank you.

Hey Chuck, just to give you a heads up on what I was thinking about earlier and it is easy to do with this mod. You can have a menu system up on the top row as the icons are up there now. except that you would have the main menu icons permanently up on top. when one button is pressed that leads to a submenu, you can have the present menu disappear from that location and a new menu will be in its place, eg. Route menu, Speed dials, etc., with a return button at the end bringing back the previous menu. This is simple to do, except that you would have to create about twenty or so icons that would match the present menu that is up in place. This would in turn be a mod with a whole new menu system as the main menu will always be up top until a button is pressed which would bring up the sub menu in it's place of that button. This is the setup that I was thinking about earlier, however, I went with the V3, using Diaftias mod instead as I liked the menu to be gone except when called upon. The only tough thing about this is that a lot of scripting will have to be done so that the when a submenu is selected, it to will fade, if the fade is selected. This again is not that hard to do, just time consuming

Hey Chuck, just to give you a heads up on what I was thinking about earlier and it is easy to do with this mod. You can have a menu system up on the top row as the icons are up there now. except that you would have the main menu icons permanently up on top. when one button is pressed that leads to a submenu, you can have the present menu disappear from that location and a new menu will be in its place, eg. Route menu, Speed dials, etc., with a return button at the end bringing back the previous menu. This is simple to do, except that you would have to create about twenty or so icons that would match the present menu that is up in place. This would in turn be a mod with a whole new menu system as the main menu will always be up top until a button is pressed which would bring up the sub menu in it's place of that button. This is the setup that I was thinking about earlier, however, I went with the V3, using Diaftias mod instead as I liked the menu to be gone except when called upon. The only tough thing about this is that a lot of scripting will have to be done so that the when a submenu is selected, it to will fade, if the fade is selected. This again is not that hard to do, just time consuming

Hey Abb,

Thank you so much for the idea, it is rather great. However as for now, I have too many functions that I want to be able to access and I already have designed an interface for that matter since two months. One button will bring up a new transparent layer on top of the map and there will be menu buttons Toolbox, Navigation, Map, Application, under which all related functions are available. I didn't compare to your mod v3 or Diaftia's but I just hope that my mod is not too similar to it as far as menu access is concerned.

If so, please bear in mind that I original designed this only I thought it is for me, I and myself only, so that is no mean to be copycat or competition :oops:

You idea is great and honestly, I though about that before. However because I have big-ass fingers and find those menu icons really too small, I just leave them along and redesign another set of buttons. Like I said, I am really not an artist so my buttons are only flat static images, until the tips that you gave me earlier this week, so I am in a process to redesign those static buttons to have a pressed-ON feel, which delay it roll-out.

Later my friend!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, dead thread! More than a week without post.

Because I want to share this with other forum members, I spent the past two weeks trying to learn Photoshop, especially learning how the make the Clipping Mask technique in order to improve my menu icons (for myself since long, I previously used only static image, no feedback when taping on them), and that was not easy since I never did photo-editing before. But here they are, some sneak previews capture of my upcoming update to Abb's v2.75.

When I have time and provided that there are interests (please tell me!!!), I will create an online account to upload my mod later this weekend or next week.

I just made change to the interface and functionality, not the graphical layer, so Abb's Split Nav Screen, Speedometer, Destination Dial and Misterblue's 3D Cars Selector etc are original, sometime with changes only to the code behind them.

So below are some pics:

Blank screen not really blank: credits are given to Abb, Misterblue and even IDT for the original mod. Taping on the lower left corner the screen will go blank; taping on the earth and the earth will disappear; taping anywhere else will return to the map screen.

post-41056-044175900 1288808869_thumb.jpg

Menu Toolbox: Replanning (???), Master Sound ON/OFF, iGo logo, Record Trip, Day/Night Schemes, Master Volume, Navigation Voice Volume, Spoken Alert Volume, Settings Menu, GPS Status, 2D/3D Map, Smartzoom On/OFF, Audio Menu ON/OFF (one single version now, the Audio Menu is now saved and no more discrepency on the icons status. It will remember the selected state upon power rebooting.

post-41056-034701500 1288817863_thumb.jpg

Menu Navigation: Route Menu, Planning Pad, Go Home, Multidraw, Route Info, Fit to Screen, Itinerary, Avoidance, Delete Route

post-41056-099851200 1288809167_thumb.jpg

Menu Map: Destination Menu, Find Address, Find POI, Find POI Around ..., Speedometer, Split Nav-Screen, Destination Dial, Trip Computer, History, Favorite, Add to Favorite, Add Pin to Map

post-41056-068279700 1288809197_thumb.jpg

Menu Applications: Windows Explorer, WinCE Commander, Resource Info, 3D Cars, Phone Menu, Call Home, MSN Direct, TMC, Field Calculator, [Custom] and Reset

post-41056-032112900 1288809227_thumb.jpg

Minimalist view: 2D

post-41056-094503500 1288809290_thumb.jpg

Minimalist view: 2D with menu icons bar

post-41056-096817800 1288809331_thumb.jpg

Minimalist view: 3D without Menu Icons Bar, images shifted

post-41056-043656400 1288809383_thumb.jpg

Navigation view: 3D without Menu Icons Bar, images shifted

post-41056-049328700 1288809430_thumb.jpg

Multidraw view: you can bring the routes map anytime

post-41056-001761800 1288809485_thumb.jpg

Itinerary avoidance: it works!!!

post-41056-047700900 1288809517_thumb.jpg

Application on top of the map screen

post-41056-057766000 1288809561_thumb.jpg

Agree.Menu screen looks really smart Chuck.Will you be submitting a UK version for us to try(ie road signs,traffic symbols etc?)

Thanks guys!

I would try for a UK version, but given the lack of time and knowledge on the difference between the US and the UK version, I could only be tentative. :oops:

Thanks guys!

I would try for a UK version, but given the lack of time and knowledge on the difference between the US and the UK version, I could only be tentative. :oops:

It is not hard! Download my V3.25 UK, copy the UK signs, change the signposts to blue, add TMC, and just change the speedlimit signs to the UK ones which are already in the '800_480' folder

It is not hard! Download my V3.25 UK, copy the UK signs, change the signposts to blue, add TMC, and just change the speedlimit signs to the UK ones which are already in the '800_480' folder

Thanks Abb for you kindness :wink:

I will see later as I really have no time at all now, and other than ovalball, I can see that there is no demand at all, so I will concentrate on rolling out my mod to start.

Maybe our friend ovalball you can make a UK version for the european community, based on whatever version you want? And we are there to provide support if needed.

Chuck i will be more than happy to help where i can.i can host the uk version and test things out when needed.aftr all the effort you and abb have put in i want to help where ever i can.

Ovalball,

My US version is dead ready. For a possible UK version, like Abb just said, the speed limit sign, the TMC and the signposts in blue color are specific to UK, what else?

Thanks.