AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

*This mod is for firmware 3.0 ONLY!

Well, this was originally a mod that I strictly did for myself. I wanted something new with all the features in IDT's Skin3 but without having the screen full of icons. After having several requests I decided to post it for everyone.

This mod is to compliment my Chrome Theme which can be downloaded here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31150

I find that having a full featured mod loses it's appeal by having icons covering a large portion of the screen, kinda defeats the purpose. What I did was redesign IDT's mod to suit my purpose and add a few new features to it as well that I find are needed (they will be explained below in the buttons description). All the buttons are hidden and can be shown by pressing the invisible button below the time. This way, they are neatly tucked away leaving a full view. Most of the credit for this mod should go to Julius (IDT) as most of the features are his design, I just radically changed them :). Also, being a rookie at this, I had some help from Alex (Diaftia) and Julius (IDT). I could not have done this without them!

Changes v2.75

-Added MisterBlue's '3D cars' addition (see pics at bottom) which can be accessed by either the 3D Visuals menu or a direct shortcut by longclicking the on-screen settings button

-Added Non-bar version as some people still preferred the prior version without the icon bar

Changes V2.5

-Reworked the Speedometer with newer icons and with a slightly better layout (see pg 36 for details)

-Replaced all upcoming turn signals with 3D ones

-Put a bar underneath the icons that give it a better overall appearance. This bar will fade with the icons as to what

is set in the custom menu. V2 will still be up for those that prefer no bar.

-Main icons have been redone for a 3D effect as well. Some have been replaced as well such as the phone, speedo,

and the 3D/2D map icons

-Plan mode screen has been redone with better looking icons that are smaller to give a better view.

-Positioning for the onscreen 'TripComputer' button has been lowered slightly as not to interfere with the 'change

Scheme' button

Changes V2.0

-Totally redesigned the Destination Dial to make it more usable as well as functional and overall better to look at.

-Changes to the Speedometer that include icons to explain the navigation texts, moved the current street name bar up a bit to make it more even with the text

-Redesigned the background for the Splitscreen

-Added more chrome to the onscreen trip computer to make it match

-Text boxes were changed to sport a more chrome look. (the new Chrome Theme V1.5 must be installed as well as half the text boxes are in the Main/AV theme

-Changed slight cosmetics in buttons to make them more visually appealing

-Added six more schemes to give a total of 16 schemes * MUST HAVE NEW GFX FOLDER INSTALLED!

Changes V1.65

Another minor update

-fixed error message showing up during 'Route Simulation'

-This includes VBLUE24�s red diamond icon fix.

-Revised the 'QuickMenu' to now have shortcuts to the 'GPS Status screen', MSN Direct, and Icon Fade control screen

Changes V1.6

Minor update. I just added some things that should have been added in 1.5. These include:

-MSN DIRECT can now be accessed by long-clicking the 'splitmap' button

-Quick menu was redone so that the scheme changer works properly. Close button was also replaced and functions better

-Side Navigation pane now matches the 'Chrome Theme'

Changes V1.5 Apr 25/'10

New Stuff

-New Bars at the bottom of the NAV to match the 'Chrome Theme'

-Modified Speedo screen which has visual changes as well as an added button to cancel route

-New 'Quick Menu' which is activated by long-clicking the time. This brings a short menu with new shortcuts to change the system volume, or mute it, cancel route recalculation (this is a big plus as it stops the route from recalculating when going off course, eg. getting a bite to eat or going for a coffee), quick button to start or stop tracklogs.

-The No-AV version has all AV gone. This can be brought back by clicking on the AV button, but is hidden upon bootup. I find that this is just unnecessary as most of us knows what is playing and it takes up realestate. If you did want to know what is playing, just click on the AV button. An AV version is also available.

-NEW SCHEMES (FOLLOW DIRECTIONS as they will not work for other mods. Schemes must be deleted if other NAV mods are used)

-Added the font that I have used in my Nav mods. To use this font, copy the TAHOMA.TTF, TAHOMABD.TTF files from the 'put in APL2-IGO Folder' into the APL2/IGO folder. When it asks to replace, just say 'yes'

Fixes

-Issue fixed where, when in 'splitmap' mode, numerical and unit value would overlap when using imperial system.

-Issue fixed where 'PIONEER' logo in the 'about' tab was black in some areas. This now matches the background.

-Red Diamond POI icon issue fixed

Changes V1.3 Apr 4/'10

- It is now working so that if you wanted all icons to remain on screen, just turn the fade control to 'OFF'. To have all icons hidden the way it was prior, just have the fade control set to 100% and push the invisible button below the compass to bring the icons back up again for 5 sec. I have to thank 'Chuck88' for the idea of this awesome change that now suits everybody.

-Added a button on the main screen which directly brings up the mapchanger as I use this function frequently depending on where I am travelling and it was a pain to go to 2 menu selections to go to it.

-Several new icons as some were just too old

-Removed the turn restriction from the 'speedometer' screen which previosly still showed wrong turn restrictions when feature was turned off

-Phone is now NOT DEPENDENT on GPS signal. Prior, the phone button would not work when in tunnels or parking garages. It is now fully functional no matter where you are.

-Got rid of the text colour changer which previosly just caused multiple errors

Here it is with a description of the buttons and features:

Buttons and features - (Added new Speedo button and Map Changer button)

1-OFF BUTTON - Clicking this will turn to a chrome screen with a huge clock

2-SCHEMES- click- changes scheme from night/day, On long click- Schemes menu

3-FIND ADDRESS- Click - type in address of location, On Long click- Route History

4-P.O.I. - On Click- select a POI from the list, On long click-Find POI

5-FAVORITES- Self explanitory

6-CURSOR- Use this to plan a route

7-MAP- Choose between 3D, 2D, 2D North

8-SETTINGS- On clickBrings you to the Navigational settings menu

-On Long Click brings up the 3D Cars Menu

9-RETURN HOME- This will automatically route you back home

10-SPLITMAP- NEW, this button now works in Navigation mode and in normal driving mode. It

gives a map on the left and full details on the right.

On Long Click- Opens MSN Direct menu

11-AV HIDE - AWESOME feature as this allows you to toggle the AV info at the bottom of the map

giving the map a cleaner look

12-SPEEDO-Clicking this button brings up the onboard speedometer

On Long Click- brings up the TRIP COMPUTER screen

13-PHONE - On click- brings you to the phone menu. On Long ClickNEW-Calls home

directly without leaving the Nav program.

14-MAPCHANGER-On Click-Instantly brings up the mapchanger to change maps on the fly

On Long Click- Shows which map is currently installed

15-TIME- On click- brings up the Destination Dial with link to trip computer,

On Long Click- brings up the QUICKMENU

16-CURRENT SPEED- On click - brings up the onboard Trip computer

17- MENU BUTTON - Press this to drop down the buttons on top screen. Buttons will be visible for

5 seconds and then disappear until clicked again

18-STREET NAME- Clicking the street name will bring up the house numbers

THESE PICS ARE SHOWN WITH THE NON-AV VERSION. TO BRING THE AV BACK UP, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK ON THE AV BUTTON! THE REGULAR AV VERSION IS ALSO AVAILABLE!

MAIN SCREEN w/ 100% Fade

(Bring menu up by pressing below the compass)

nc1.jpg

MAIN SCREEN WITH DROPDOWN MENU

nc2.jpg

MAIN SCREEN WITH DROPDOWN MENU - NO BAR

ON ROUTE

ON ROUTE W/ DROPDOWN MENU

nc4.jpg

ON ROUTE W/ DROPDOWN MENU - NO BAR

NAV W/ 75% FADE

nc75.jpg

NAV W/ 50% FADE

nc50.jpg

NEW QUICKMENU

qm1.jpg

SPLITMAP

nc5.jpg

SPLITMAP W/ TRIPCOMPUTER

SPEEDOMETER W/ DUAL PHONE BUTTON and new Route/Voice Guidance cancel button

nc6.jpg

DESTINATION DIAL

nc7.jpg

ROUTE PLANNER

nc8.jpg

TRIP COMPUTER

nc9.jpg

MAPCHANGER - Best Feature of ANY NAV mod :)

nc10.jpg

FUEL CALCULATOR(only when in navigation)

nc11.jpg

NAV SETTINGS - MENU REDESIGNED

nc12.jpg

GPS STATUS

nc13.jpg

3D VISUALS MENU WITH '3D CARS' CHOOSE MENU

3D CARS MENU

NEW SCHEMES - Instructions

-Install my GFX folder (after it has been extracted) to 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO' folder. Afterwards it should look like this:

'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/GFX'

-Install my schemes into 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/IGO/CONTENT/SCHEMES' folder. Once it is installed, you should be able to open up the CONTENT folder and see all my schemes along with 'Pioneer_blue_day.zip' scheme

*YOU NEED MY GFX FOLDER FOR THE SCHEMES TO WORK

**If this is too complicated for you, DO NOT TRY THIS!

*To install the NEW GFX folder, delete the present one first and then add the new one! THIS IS A MUST!

DOWNLOAD

Chrome Nav Mod V2.75 AV

Chrome Nav Mod V2.75 Non AV

Chrome Nav Mod V2.75 AV-NO BAR

Chrome Nav Mod V2.75 Non AV-NO BAR

Abb's NEW GFX Folder

Abb's NEW Scheme's

Abb's Chrome Theme V1.5 (Main/AV)

post-32106-1287276237832_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762470486_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762635617_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762636796_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762720126_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762723711_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762792648_thumb.jpg

post-32106-1287276279472_thumb.jpg

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Abb, I have used every revision and you should be proud. It is truly an excellent mod and a fine addition to the completed mods section.

Thanks, it was a lot of work and frustration! This is my first time creating and working with scripts. Lol, I dont think anyone has seen as many scripting errors as I have in the last two weeks

Hey Abb,

Amazing work.....cant wait to try it.

I have a question maybe an addition for v1.1. Is there anyway to have the phone button on a long hold pull up the voice command option rather then call home......and maybe a long hold on the home button, call home?

Since i use the voice command so often, and pushing the volume knob perfectly in the middle is kinda hard while driving sometimes...

Just a suggestion...any others looking for something like this?

Awsome!! How do i get the fuel calc to come up? Also do i need to download other maps to use this map changer option?

When in Navigation mode, hit the menu button and you will see the shortcut. It is the first icon. yes, to use the mapchanger feature, you need to download the Navteq maps found in this forum and then follow the proper instructions on installing them. You do not have the room to install the entire map, just the map that pertains to your state.

Hey Abb

Nice work, again.

Just curious, do you plan on attaching the nav mod to your previous schemes, or are you sticking with the chrome theme only?

No, I just wanted to do a map exclusively for my Chrome Theme. It is not to hard to switch it over though

Hey Abb,

Amazing work.....cant wait to try it.

I have a question maybe an addition for v1.1. Is there anyway to have the phone button on a long hold pull up the voice command option rather then call home......and maybe a long hold on the home button, call home?

Since i use the voice command so often, and pushing the volume knob perfectly in the middle is kinda hard while driving sometimes...

Just a suggestion...any others looking for something like this?

I dont know what the voice command option is as I dont use it. The call home though reflects to any number that you have stored as your Home number, so in other words, if you want to have it set up to call your office, or answering machine, just have the appropriate number in the phone number section in the 'set option'

abb, awesome mod. I have been an IDT follower since he started putting his mods up but tried this for a change of pace and hte options you give. However, one problem that must be embedded in IDTs info somewhere maybe you can help me out.

Here is the error I get, I click "ok " and it goes away and nav seems to work fine as far as I can tell, hopefully I get this right enough for you to help:

FFUIERROR: unknown object identifier

Identifier [txt_date]

script "sc_IDTnavtext_color_green" comand 12

Can you possibly tell me how to fix that?

Thanks

Hi Abb,

Your Chrome mod from IDT Skin #3 is truly beautiful and well done to the finest details (are you a perfectioniste??? :lol: ), even not perfectly matching my Pilot's interieur lighting (green), I still want to use it :D .

Before using your Chrome mod, I was using IDT Skin #1, in which I especially like the dimming feature of the top-row icons that I find it to be very clean, not too obstructive when set to 75% or 50% dim, and at the same time, have direct access to the icons without pressing a MENU button. Without deleting any saved preference from Skin #1, I put on your mod and I can still see under the Navi Settings->Custom menu, a user selectable option for the dimming of the icons. However, only the old buttons (not the 3 new buttons that you have added) are dimmable for a second, then disappear completely from the nav screen. A press of the MENU button will eventually bring them back on. I know this is by design though.

So you might have guessed out, I would really like to recover that feature from your mod.

The question below is only for personal preference, so if you could shed some light on my question, it would be much appreciated.

I found the following UI code under pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui:

And under pioneer\common\ui\navigatemap.ui:

And some other similar code segments for different alpha levels.

How could I modify those code to include the missing 3 new buttons (the right-most), and to disable the disapperence of the icons buttons?

Really appreciate a hint or two.

Thanks.

Hmmmm, the fading buttons feature is something that really is not required as I created a layer to totally make them dissapear. I was going to delete that part of the code so that the feature would not even be accessible, but figured, why bother?, nobody would even use it. I will look later on and see if I can add the new buttons in that scheme so you can have them fade as well. The top code that you posted is the button for bringing down the menu.

abb, awesome mod. I have been an IDT follower since he started putting his mods up but tried this for a change of pace and hte options you give. However, one problem that must be embedded in IDTs info somewhere maybe you can help me out.

Here is the error I get, I click "ok " and it goes away and nav seems to work fine as far as I can tell, hopefully I get this right enough for you to help:

FFUIERROR: unknown object identifier

Identifier [txt_date]

script "sc_IDTnavtext_color_green" comand 12

Can you possibly tell me how to fix that?

Thanks

Try deleting all your save files in 'userdata'. It is looking for a green text that was present before you installed the mod and now isnt. deleting your prior cache will get rid of that.

Hmmmm, the fading buttons feature is something that really is not required as I created a layer to totally make them dissapear. I was going to delete that part of the code so that the feature would not even be accessible, but figured, why bother?, nobody would even use it. I will look later on and see if I can add the new buttons in that scheme so you can have them fade as well. The top code that you posted is the button for bringing down the menu.

I would love to be able to show the line of icons when dimmed, as this will also fill the empty area just above the realtime speed (for some people as me, I do find that way neater). I don't know whether this could be fitted into your next update, and please Abb, don't feel this as an obligation in any way ... how about this suggestion that could fit everybody's preference:

Since the IDT feature is still there, one can use the existing Navi Settings->Custom->Fading Preference to set 0% (icons always opaque or ON), 33%, 67% and 100% (completely disappear after 5 seconds as it is now). And only with the 100% that will enable the displaying of the map screen 'MENU' button, which could be used to bring back the line of icons again; the 'MENU' button is otherwise not shown.

What do you think :mrgreen: ?

I would love to be able to show the line of icons when dimmed, as this will also fill the empty area just above the realtime speed (for some people as me, I do find that way neater). I don't know whether this could be fitted into your next update, and please Abb, don't feel this as an obligation in any way ... how about this suggestion that could fit everybody's preference:

Since the IDT feature is still there, one can use the existing Navi Settings->Custom->Fading Preference to set 0% (icons always opaque or ON), 33%, 67% and 100% (completely disappear after 5 seconds as it is now). And only with the 100% that will enable the displaying of the map screen 'MENU' button, which could be used to bring back the line of icons again; the 'MENU' button is otherwise not shown.

What do you think :mrgreen: ?

That would be too easy, all you have to do is add the three buttons to the code in the common folder and delete the invisible layer and the button in the Navigate.UI in the 800_480 folder. That is it