AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I changed the box and got rid of the section with the speed as it is now moved. There is no sense in having an empty box in the cockpit. Also, this space is now clear for the lane info.

On your next update, I guess :D .

I got a few things that I am working on for this mod. I am starting to think that this is kinda pointless though as there is hardly anyone in this forum anymore and I think that I am the only person here still doing mods :(

I got a few things that I am working on for this mod. I am starting to think that this is kinda pointless though as there is hardly anyone in this forum anymore and I think that I am the only person here still doing mods :(

Com'on, your people stand up and tell Abb that I am not the only one who is appreciating his works.

Even if Abb is not currently accepting donation since he doesn't has the ability to test out everything, like MSN etc, because the region that he lives in doesn't have this service, but you guys can still send a word to him. Am I right???

We need Abb to continue his nice work, especially when IDT is in a difficult situation and can't continue his modding for sometime ...

And where is Hube2002? Didn't see you around for sometime now :cry: .

Com'on, your people stand up and tell Abb that I am not the only one who is appreciating his works.

Even if Abb is not currently accepting donation since he doesn't has the ability to test out everything, like MSN etc, because the region that he lives in doesn't have this service, but you guys can still send a word to him. Am I right???

We need Abb to continue his nice work, especially when IDT is in a difficult situation and can't continue his modding for sometime ...

And where is Hube2002? Didn't see you around for sometime now :cry: .

you are right.I know a couple of the modders are really busy with a new mod,but now idt has gone things seem really quiet on here.I think people like Abb are keeping this place alive and long may it continue!

Great work Abb as usual and certainly appreciated from this side of the pond!!

I am starting to think that this is kinda pointless though as there is hardly anyone in this forum anymore and I think that I am the only person here still doing mods :(

Keep at it, abb. Over time someone else will come along just like you have that learns how to change things around and gets familiar with the coding.

Most people who mod here not appreciated until after they stop. I guess it's the nature of the forum. Case in point, I had zips posted pre 3.0 that had over 300 downloads. I asked for comments good, bad or indifferent and received only a handful or responses. I also had some Hot To threads where I asked the same and heard primarily from users that didn't know how to access the Flash Disk or should not try to make changes. Again only a handful.

Funny how some of the mods from the Hot To threads are asked to be incorporated into other zips created by other modders. No decency to thank the originator of discoverer of the mod. Take a look at the New Nav Mod thread, 100's of downloads and not much appreciation for the originators. Many of the features in the other zips originated from there.

If my desire to incorporate new things in my zip comes back, I'll probably share again.

I am following you abb. Nice mod. As i have stated before, huge IDT follower and will keep his data zips as back up, but right now, really like this chrome nav mod. Keep at it, but IMO, do it as IDT, do it for yourself, otherwise you will lose th edrive. You get it how you like, IMO, don;t feel obligated to keep us happy.

Well, I have added another small update. I have added a speed button to bring up the onboard speedometer (which I use all the time). This was achieved before by long clicking the time. This was a bit of a problem for those that use this screen all the time in that sometimes, it will just get you to the destination dial by a wrong press.

This now leaves an extra spot for a long click on the time, so I added the Trip Computer screen which before could only be accessed through the Destination Dial, which was kinda a pain in the ass. Now if you 'short click' the time, you get the Destination Dial and if you 'Long Click' the time you get the Trip Computer screen.

Unfortunately, I had to put in a new compass that is a little smaller in width to accommodate the extra icon.

Pics are on the front screen. I just replaced the old ones that no longer apply

For those of you who are interested, attached are the updated file to work with Abb's new V1.02. I will also request Abb to add those changes to his final nav mod in a later time.

Just replace the original files in their respective folder under ui_pioneer\800_400\ui and ui_pioneer\common\ui.

The onscreen MENU button is shown only when Navi Settings->Custom->Fading Percentage is set to 100%. In this case after the buttons faded out, you can press MENU to bring them up again for 5 seconds or so, then faded out completely again. This is the original spirit of Abb's MENU button.

For other percentages such as 75%, 50% and 25%, since all buttons are visible, the MENU button is not shown. This is an option for those who want the beautiful buttons remain visible.

Edited: This download is now obsolete as all changes have been integrated into Abb's latest Nav Mod.

Chuck's update for Abb's V1.02.zip

Just wondering anyone knows how to reduce the size of the ROUTE identifying logo when using NavTeq map? With TA map, I get a single number under a not-so-esthetic white high way sign.

I find this logo to be excessively large!

Thanks.

post-42373-12872762180439_thumb.jpg

Abb.Is it possible to select a vehicle type with your mod ie car,lorry etc?

Yes, go on any of IDT's mods and in the first post there is a section with his 3D cars. It also has a download for several other 3D cars with explanation on how to change them. You have to manually change them, as this cannot be done within the program

Just wondering anyone knows how to reduce the size of the ROUTE identifying logo when using NavTeq map? With TA map, I get a single number under a not-so-esthetic white high way sign.

I find this logo to be excessively large!

[attachment=0]RTE size too big.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks.

No, I believe this is within the mapping software and this cannot be altered. That is where the mapchanger comes in, just switch over to TA maps. The NT signs are a little big but I find that they are much more detailed than TA