AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

ABB - thank you so much - now it's awesome! PS if somebody still find out how much I will be doing TMC rad ... PS 2 still ask the experts - how to enlarge 3D petrol station? Thank you, Pat

The TMC is not supported in Abb's Nav Mod, sorry but you must be dreaming the other day ... :lol:

What do you mean by 3D petrol station?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ABB,

I am new to this site. I really like this theme you've created. How can I get it? Where can I find play-by-play instructions on installing it on my 700bt. I've downloaded and installed the latest firmware from Pioneer site using a SD memory, so I am not a complete idiot ( only a partial idiot :D ). Thanks in advance.

Kory.

Hi ABB,

I am new to this site. I really like this theme you've created. How can I get it? Where can I find play-by-play instructions on installing it on my 700bt. I've downloaded and installed the latest firmware from Pioneer site using a SD memory, so I am not a complete idiot ( only a partial idiot :D ). Thanks in advance.

Kory.

It is actually quite simple. I would suggest loading this mod with my 'Chrome Theme' so everything will match.

To install the 'Chrome Theme':(Do this first as this is easier and it will give you a feel for it)

1-Download 'ChromeImage.rar', which you can find here

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31150

2-extract the rar file using winrar or something similar.

3-inside the Chromeimage folder you have a 'image.res' file

4-Put 'image.res' file on SD card with the latest 'testmode' file

5-boot Avic with SD card in slot

6-You will come to a Windows CE screen. Click on 'My Device'

7-Go to your storage folder and copy the 'image.res' file

8-go back and open 'My Flash Disk'

9-Put the 'image.res' file in 'My Flash Disk/APL' folder

10- when it asks to overwrite a file, say ok. When it is done copying, you are good to go. Take out your SD card and reboot your system.

To install the Nav Theme:

1-Download 'Abbs Chrome Nav Mod V1.3.rar'

2-extract the rar file using winrar or something similar.

3-inside the 'Abbs Chrome Nav Mod' folder, you have a 'Data.zip' file. Add this file with all the files in 'put in APL2-IGO Folder', and put all 5 files in 'My Flash Disk/APL2/IGO' Folder

4- when it asks to overwrite a file, say ok. When it is done copying, you are good to go. Take out your SD card and reboot your system.

Hi, it means that no chance to get TMC? :( 3D = gas station gas station building is terribly small ...

You would have to change the POI icons for the gas stations. There is a file called Branding.zip in the "My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo" folder from Pioneer, with plain vanilla basic icons. You have to replace this file with a custom one.

Search Branding.zip in the forum, under Hacks/Mods, there are two threads by VBLUE42 on this matter.

Abb, I found one problem, it might not from your part of the mod though ...

When you start the navigation by pressing the Add Dest button (in the target screen), the HU computes the route then it will display the nav screen and immediately it speaks out the first instruction as on what to do next, if during this time, you press the on-screen mute button, you might no longer be able to bring back the voice, whatever you do (switch ON then OFF then ON etc ...).

This happens to me two or three times now ...

Abb, I found one problem, it might not from your part of the mod though ...

When you start the navigation by pressing the Add Dest button (in the target screen), the HU computes the route then it will display the nav screen and immediately it speaks out the first instruction as on what to do next, if during this time, you press the on-screen mute button, you might no longer be able to bring back the voice, whatever you do (switch ON then OFF then ON etc ...).

This happens to me two or three times now ...

I have noticed that before in other mods as well. I think that this is a flaw in the overall script. To most of us, this is rather insignificant because we usually mute the voice on familiar or short trips and have no intention on turning it back on again

Before I *try* this mod, is it going to work in metric or standard units?

Thanx,

Bud

Hmmm, you meant Metric or English units ... both are standard, if I have to assign only one as standard, I would say ISO International Metric Standard :lol:

So back to our thread ... it is selectable under Navi Settings->Regional Settings.

Hi, it means that no chance to get TMC? :( 3D = gas station gas station building is terribly small ...

You would have to change the POI icons for the gas stations. There is a file called Branding.zip in the "My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo" folder from Pioneer, with plain vanilla basic icons. You have to replace this file with a custom one.

Search Branding.zip in the forum, under Hacks/Mods, there are two threads by VBLUE42 on this matter.

The icons are cool .... but the size of the 3D gas stations is small :?

post-41481-12872762231823_thumb.jpg

post-41481-12872762232979_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, it is what it is, brand icons cannot be enlarge (your gas station is generic, so it is even smaller), they will take up too much real-estate anyway if they are larger.

If you can get a copy of the Branding.zip for your region/country, then they will be a bit larger.

From the photos of this page, you can see some icons in the HU in USA: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23742&start=30

There is nothing else that you can do about that. Sorry.

I just switch to the Nav Settings->About screen, where Pioneer and related info are displayed.

Did anyone see something not right? In my screen, all letters that have a closed area show it black (not transparent), like P, o, a etc etc.

Any clue or is because I modified the Image.res file? :?:

There should be no difference, it all depends on the icons that you assigned for the gas stations. Take a images viewer and look into the branding.zip file for all available icons. For many businesses, there is more than one icon available.