AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

I just switch to the Nav Settings->About screen, where Pioneer and related info are displayed.

Did anyone see something not right? In my screen, all letters that have a closed area show it black (not transparent), like P, o, a etc etc.

Any clue or is because I modified the Image.res file? :?:

No, thTs normal. It was the first time that I viewed that screen. I will ci. That at a later time

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never had anything come up in 3d? Are there icons that do?

icons show up. You have to have the latest version of 'Branding.zip' installed and then just have them show in the settings. I in general, have them 'off' because you have about 40 icons in a one mile radious that dont really tell you anything, just make the map look messy.

Hey Abb, I use your Nav Mod + Chrome theme everyday since then, very happy with it :D .

Along with other findings, it would be nice to change value from 74 to 79 in the multipoi.icon file (the one in ui_pioneer/icons/poi) to fix the problem with RED DIAMOND in 2D mode (I have it changed in my DATA.ZIP and 2D is now fine).

The sys.txt =1 directive does fix the same problem in 3D already.

Later!

Hey Abb, I use your Nav Mod + Chrome theme everyday since then, very happy with it :D .

Along with other findings, it would be nice to change value from 74 to 79 in the multipoi.icon file (the one in ui_pioneer/icons/poi) to fix the problem with RED DIAMOND in 2D mode (I have it changed in my DATA.ZIP and 2D is now fine).

The sys.txt =1 directive does fix the same problem in 3D already.

Later!

Hmmm, I have never realized that there was an icon problem in 2D mode as I have NEVER used 2D mode (I mean, whats the point). I will make the changes though, thanks for the input. Right now, I am making some minor graphical changes in the 'Chrome Theme' which I am hoping should be finished soon.

Well, the 2D red diamond icon is also shown when you are in the SPLIT INFO screen ...

Did I understand correctly that there are also findings regarding the Nav->Settings->About screen, and some text squeezing together problem somewhere else? Just a reminder toward a better Mod. :lol:

Well, the 2D red diamond icon is also shown when you are in the SPLIT INFO screen ...

Did I understand correctly that there are also findings regarding the Nav->Settings->About screen, and some text squeezing together problem somewhere else? Just a reminder toward a better Mod. :lol:

I fixed the 'About screen' the best that I could, changed the value to 79 in the multipoi.icon file, but what is there with squezzing text???

I did a quick nav back home this morning and the only thing I saw was cosmetic. In the split screen during nav, the distance to the next turn was "squeezed" together. Sorry no screen shot.

Yeah Abb, I mean the report from nissanfrontier.

I did a quick nav back home this morning and the only thing I saw was cosmetic. In the split screen during nav, the distance to the next turn was "squeezed" together. Sorry no screen shot.

Yeah Abb, I mean the report from nissanfrontier.

Oh yeah, I remember that! i couldnt find out what he was talking about. None of the text here seems to be squeezed together. Hmm, it could be that he is using a different font. Here is screens of the old and the new....

post-32106-12872762269512_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762270811_thumb.jpg

hmm, chuck are you having the same issue? I'll have to check what font I have on there, I may have loaded abbs font and never deleted the old ones.

Well, frankly I didn't observe this issue. I just remember your post so I brought that to Abb's attention.

As far as this Nav Mod is concerned, the only new font that Abb has introduced is the BULL3D... something, which is solely used for the current speed display. FYI, for other Nav Mods, no, you don't have to delete the old fonts to use the new ones, the old ones will just seat there useless.

Note however that the font in the the screen shots provided by Abb is not the same as what we have in our units, because he changed the default font for the display of street names, time etc. You can see my font been used in the photo of the first post on page 3 of this thread ... I guess you should have the same.

In the next update, I will include the default fonts that I have overwritten so that everything will look the same. I will just put it in a seperate folder and leave it up to you guys if you want to install it or not. I had several requests for these fonts that I use, but didnt want to include them because fonts are a personal preference and not for everyone.