AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

I love all the beautiful work I see on this site, but I dont even know how to begin making my F90BT use any of these things, is there anyone out there in Orlando that can help me with a "hands on!!"

It is a lot easier than it looks to install the mods. Read through this forum and use the search button for specifics. Your two main files are 'image.res' and 'Data.zip' you just download them and

replace the existing files. It is that simple. You need the latest version of 'testmode' to put it on your SD card and that is it. Do some reading and you will understand better than to ask a question, because asking a question and explaining it will be like Greek to you. It is simple!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some sneak pics of the 1.5 update which has several fixes and some graphical changes such as a new speedo and new bars at the bottom of the NAV screen to match my chrome theme.

post-32106-12872762289182_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762290645_thumb.jpg

Abb, very nice. Is your night scheme and others be part of the release?

I dont know, I am still deciding as it could open the doors to a lot of headaches. These schemes will only work for mine and DPDursts mod. Diaftias and IDT's mods will not work with these schemes as their mods are not made to accept modded schemes outside of IGO. In other words, when you change mods and dont delete the schemes, you will have error messages and your NAV will not start. In other words, these schemes work awesome, but if you change mods (other than DPDurst's) you will have to delete my schemes as they will not work in other mods

In this case, you will better off NOT to include them. If you want to share, just post them separately so interested people will make their own setup, so you don't have to support them.

Instructions are already presented somewhere in this forum, but instead of searching, people are asking ...

Releasing the update anytime soon?

hello abb I have used all your modes and I am grateful to you for all the effort , I believe that your schemes can be used with idt or dpdurst ,if we copy the ui_ igo folder to the data zip of the sking that we want to use, correct me if I am wrong.Thank you

hello abb I have used all your modes and I am grateful to you for all the effort , I believe that your schemes can be used with idt or dpdurst ,if we copy the ui_ igo folder to the data zip of the sking that we want to use, correct me if I am wrong.Thank you

You are right, but most people dont know how to do that, or they make mistakes in doing that. It is not hard though. You also need MY GFX folder in place. DPDurst already has the ui_ igo folder in place, it is Diaftia that does not.

I need your thoughts on this. In this update, I have gotten rid of the AV (at the bottom of the screen) totally. To bring it back up, just hit the button and it will be back up again, but from boot, it will not show. The reason that I have done this is that the AV bar hides the street name if it is long making it a nuisance, and there again, it is just unnessesary clutter. Just hit the AV button to bring it up if you want. Another thing that was anoying was that if I shut it off,and then went to a different screen such as the trip computer or Speedo, it would come right back up again. I will use it regardless as there are not to many Rice Str. here in Canada, most are long street names being hidden by the AV bar. This way it is out of the way, but can be brought up whenever you want.

Tell me your feelings on this as if you do not want this, I can just put up 'the always AV on' version and keep this one for myself.

Personally, I would love the existing layout. It is true what you say, but most of the time, we don't use NAV for everyday's routes, so we don't look at the map for street name, I would rather see the current AV mode and song name. If during NAV, I wouldn't mind to press the AV button to hide the AV mode.

Abb.I would prefer the auto hide of AV.I usually know what i am listening to :) I would also like the font you use on the bottom bar!!

Yeah, I find it is a lot cleaner, and the only time I need to know what is playing is when I am on Sirius. What I will do is put both bersions up for download, a Non-AV and an AV version. Either way, the AV can be either brought back up or hidden by tapping the AV button. I prefer it though, to be off on boot, or when the system starts. This update might take me a couple of more days as I found a free sharing server (thanks to Boris), and I am going to upload my new schemes, GFX folder and the new 1.5 update as well as the update for my Chrome theme. I will also include the fonts that I have installed as well. I just need to do some more testing to make sure that there are no glitches.

Not sure whether this is coming from IDT's original mod or Abb's change or nav nag message killer ...

It has happened many times already (quite often), after directly booting to the map screen (with the nav nag message bypass), the last known location was shown, then no more screen update even when the GPS is receiving its signal correctly (I know this because sometime, if a planned has been suspended, the voice prompts for turns continues with a frozen screen). No need to wait because it will never resume updating (voice prompts OK).

I have to press the physical MAP button to resume normal operation ...

Anyone saw this behavior before :?:

Not sure whether this is coming from IDT's original mod or Abb's change or nav nag message killer ...

It has happened many times already (quite often), after directly booting to the map screen (with the nav nag message bypass), the last known location was shown, then no more screen update even when the GPS is receiving its signal correctly (I know this because sometime, if a planned has been suspended, the voice prompts for turns continues with a frozen screen). No need to wait because it will never resume updating (voice prompts OK).

I have to press the physical MAP button to resume normal operation ...

Anyone saw this behavior before :?:

I believe that this is the case with ALL the Navigation software. When you shut the car down and it is in navigate mode, its memory will keep track of its last location. It needs to do this so that when switching to the main AV screen, let's say to change AV sources while navigating, it will return to the navigation when going back to 'map'. When you hit the hardware 'map' button, it almost acts like a 'reset' and this is needed to boot the Nav system back to proper GPS after boot. This is normal, a little inconvienience maybe, but normal. I have always experienced this and that is why I try to stop the route function before shutting the car down, not just with my mod, but all mods!

Abb, not sure I understand what you are saying ...

Note that even when not in the navigation mode before shutting down the car, I still experimented the same problem. The example that I was giving is only to prove that the GPS signal is functioning correctly, while in the other hand, the map screen is not updating (before hitting the MAP key).

This is surely a bug somewhere.