AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

Found the cause for the error message. I should have a fix up shortly! I just want to wait a couple of days to make sure that there are no more problems.Thanks for pointing this out Chuck! I will have update 1.65 ready to go with this fix, the 'about screen' that is now properly fixed, and any other probs that come up. If there are no more problems, then she is ready to go, just give me the word.

I will keep an eye on that this weekend.

Thanks.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abb, I didn't find any other problem since then (but I didn't really test it a lot neither) ... so I guess it is time to put up the fix for the initial simulated route error.

Just want to tell you that the cleanup you have done to the map screen is really great, it does provide a feeling of openness, not squeezed at all. So it was right that you have made the decision not implementing my request for the current speed box :wink:

Thanks.

Hello Abb,

Been following this thread closely for a while now and I think I'm ready to install your chrome theme and latest nav mod. I have a question that I wasn't clear on after reading the posts....I currently have Diaftia's V2.3 mod installed. Can I install your chrome theme and latest nav mod without reverting back to stock? Thanks for all your hard work!!

Hello Abb,

Been following this thread closely for a while now and I think I'm ready to install your chrome theme and latest nav mod. I have a question that I wasn't clear on after reading the posts....I currently have Diaftia's V2.3 mod installed. Can I install your chrome theme and latest nav mod without reverting back to stock? Thanks for all your hard work!!

Yes, just make sure that you install ALL the files in the proper locations. When it asks to overwright, just say 'yes' and you are good to go. Any mod can be overwritten, you just have to make sure that 1) - you install ALL the files associated with the mod and 2) - delete all user data in your 'MyFlashDisk/USER/UserData' folder by deleting the igo folder.

Do this and your good to go :)

Hi Abb, I didn't find any other problem since then (but I didn't really test it a lot neither) ... so I guess it is time to put up the fix for the initial simulated route error.

Just want to tell you that the cleanup you have done to the map screen is really great, it does provide a feeling of openness, not squeezed at all. So it was right that you have made the decision not implementing my request for the current speed box :wink:

Thanks.

I did a few changes to the 'QuickMenu' as well. I just wanted to make sure that it was flawless before putting it up. I will probably put it up tonight unless I run into a glitch. I have included a few more shortcuts to the quickmenu for convenience. The MSN button takes you to the MSNDirect screen, The GPS button takes you to the GPS screen, and the icon button takes you to the icon fade menu. I tried to make a button that takes you right to the AV menu, but had no luck :(. Here is a pic:

post-32106-12872762377605_thumb.jpg

Got it! Thanks! Will upload tomorrow.

The I tried to use the MapChanger (this changer should be generic for all mods, right?) today in order to RESET the unit during driving. I am already using NT map, so I intentionally select NT map in the changer to force a reset without changing anything, and I was doing this all the time and it works all the time. The following operations should be carried out:

renamedir map map_ta ; no effect since map_ta is already there (cannot rename)

renamedir map_nt map ; no effect since map_nt is not existing ("map_nt" already named as "map")

So the result should be NO CHANGE!

However, something surprises since upon reboot, iGo complaints that it can't find map. After booting into Testmode, I see two folders: "map_nt" and "map_ta", but no "map" folder :!: After renaming one of them to "map", everything is back to normal.

What the heck? Anyone see this before?

If you are using my mod, make sure that you have MY 'SYS.txt' file and not one from another mod as this is what starts the mapchanger and switches maps. When switching mods, make sure that you always install ALL the files associated with the mod, and then make sure that you delete the userdata as the data that you had stored from another mod will conflict with the new downloaded one.

So you mean your MapChanger functions differently from other MapChanger?

I have your sys.txt modified but the [MapChanger] section is intact (unmodified). I didn't delete userdata after testing misterblue's mod, which is also derived from IDT Skin #3.

Abb,

On another note, I compared both your versions 1.6 and 1.65, all I see are the changes for the quick menu, but didn't locate the change to fix the simulating route error.

Can you point me to it? ... just want to make sure that you didn't forget it :mrgreen:

Thanks.

Abb,

On another note, I compared both your versions 1.6 and 1.65, all I see are the changes for the quick menu, but didn't locate the change to fix the simulating route error.

Can you point me to it? ... just want to make sure that you didn't forget it :mrgreen:

Thanks.

It is fixed. Are you telling me that there are still problems? Let me know or I will have to pull the mods :(.

Hmmmm......I just tried it on my system by my PC and the route simulation works flawless. I will have to try to reupload my mods sometime this morning, maybe it didnt overwright the previous file when I uploaded. It is pointless to compare the two files as this was a very minor update and not many changes, just the fix and the 'QuickMenu' Make sure that you have the right file installed and try it again. The sinulation has never failed me since this update and I had no error messages as I found out what was causing it and it IS fixed.....100%

Just tested this morning: No more iGo error when simulating a route!!!

Where did you change that in the script?

Thanks.

I deleted the CSGPS button when installing the 1.6. The simulation was looking for this button and could not find it and that is what was causing the error. That button did not have anything to do with fuctionality and that is why it started after you got rid of the error message, however, this button was involved with the script starting, for what purpose, I dont know.

Thanks Abb! You should be proud of your excellent mod :P

Thanks, I still constantly look for new ideas for changes, but this now pretty much has everything.

Lol, evertime I think that though, I change something :)