AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

Thanks for the added input. I haven't been able to make any corrections yet, but I do recall that the GPS page had the elevation expressed correctly, i.e, in thousands of feet. Here in New Mexico the we're pretty high above sea level so it's nice to see it expressed in those terms rather than tenths of a mile. I'll make the corrections this evening and let you know how it comes out. Thanks again for your concern!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have added the current speed back into the navigation planned route screen. This time I put it in an area that does not interfere with anything. Here is a pic, Give me your thoughts if this is something that you want in an update.

post-32106-12872762431705_thumb.jpg

Abb, are the current speed text and speed limit sign only displayed during simulation or even during normal navigation?

How about your hidden MENU button (space taken up by the current speed in the pic)?

No, during normal navigation of course. The speed Limit sign is only available using TA maps though, not Navteq. I used the TA maps just to show that the speed does not interfere with the speedlimit sign. It just bugged me a few times when I was in navigation and it did not have the speed displayed, so I fixed that. The current menu button is still there as it was invisible, so now to bring up the menu, just press the speed while navigating

OK then. You know Abb, the current speed has been removed in the past because we found it odd under the compass, and I think that was better (removed) ...

We still can choose the current speed field, somewhat smaller, from navi settings ...

The speed limit, however is something nice to add. So I would suggest, if you could, put back also the elevation in the place of the current speed, then the speed limit. When one wants to bring back the menu, he only has to hit the elevation sign.

So you will have, tight and nice:

Time

Compass

Elevation

Speed Limit

OK then. You know Abb, the current speed has been removed in the past because we found it odd under the compass, and I think that was better (removed) ...

We still can choose the current speed field, somewhat smaller, from navi settings ...

The speed limit, however is something nice to add. So I would suggest, if you could, put back also the elevation in the place of the current speed, then the speed limit. When one wants to bring back the menu, he only has to hit the elevation sign.

So you will have, tight and nice:

Time

Compass

Elevation

Speed Limit

The current speed was NEVER underneath the compass. It was previously (in an earlier release) in a seperate column in the Nav pane, but this interfered with the lane info, so I removed it. I was going to put it under the compass, but chose not to because there was no space, now there is as the menu button is now invisible and there is enough space between the compass and the speed limit sign. Actually, having the speed above the speedlimit sign while navigating is a perfect spot for it :). The speed limit sign was never removed and it is always there. It is dependent on the mapping system that is being used. here in Canada, the speed limit sign is rare and is only displayed on Major highways, and not even then. If you are using Navteq maps, then you will not see the speedlimit sign at all here in Canada, no mod can change that.

The elevation sign is something that I find is useless or unimportant while navigating. If you did want to see the elevation, just click on either the destination dial or the speedometer dial. They both have the elevation displayed while navigating and it is just a button click.

This change is ,of course, only applicable while navigating!

Thanks for the added input. I haven't been able to make any corrections yet, but I do recall that the GPS page had the elevation expressed correctly, i.e, in thousands of feet. Here in New Mexico the we're pretty high above sea level so it's nice to see it expressed in those terms rather than tenths of a mile. I'll make the corrections this evening and let you know how it comes out. Thanks again for your concern!

Well, Abb, I give up! I've tried reloading all your files (deleting the Igo folder in userdata first) and even reloaded the non-hacked EZrider.exe file and I still get tenths of a mile readings on my elevation sign on the map page. Must be something somewhere else in the software that's causing it. If you happen to think of anything else please let me know. Thanks

Looks good. If you release this, would you help me move the speed sign up? as I will delete the compass. Or is this possible.

Why would you want to delete the compass?? Knowing which way you are heading is kinda important in navigation :? Also, I dont know if I will be releasing it. The big change was the destination dial and only four out of 70 people gave their OK, so that is not too favorable and bringing the current speed in the navigational route was shot down by chuck and I havent heard anything else since. I make these mods for myself, and I will share them if people want them, but unless I get a favorable response, I will not put them up as it is a lot of work and pointless if only a handful of people want them. So far, I have done some graphical improvements in both, the Nav theme and the main Chrome Theme as there was a few things that was bugging me and it is now fixed. I have also redesigned the Destination Dial to be more functional as well as more appealing as well as added the current speed to the Route screen which I really wanted. I have also made a few more schemes for my mod as well