AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

Looks good. If you release this, would you help me move the speed sign up? as I will delete the compass. Or is this possible.

Why would you want to delete the compass?? Knowing which way you are heading is kinda important in navigation :? Also, I dont know if I will be releasing it. The big change was the destination dial and only four out of 70 people gave their OK, so that is not too favorable and bringing the current speed in the navigational route was shot down by chuck and I havent heard anything else since. I make these mods for myself, and I will share them if people want them, but unless I get a favorable response, I will not put them up as it is a lot of work and pointless if only a handful of people want them. So far, I have done some graphical improvements in both, the Nav theme and the main Chrome Theme as there was a few things that was bugging me and it is now fixed. I have also redesigned the Destination Dial to be more functional as well as more appealing as well as added the current speed to the Route screen which I really wanted. I have also made a few more schemes for my mod as well

No biggie, I always delete teh compass, i have one in front of my face on the rearview mirrow.

Only 4 liked the new compass? Man, that is too bad. Don't worry about what others think, do what you need to do. i like the scheme though, Maybe you can upload that? Please?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abb.I love the way your mod to IDT'S original work has developed,and I try to have a look at each and every update.I think that some things which i find important are not fussed by others.I like to see the distance to destination and time to destination more prominant than say,compass bearing.Thats just the way I like it.Every modder on here deserves massive gratitude from the rest us who can't mod(but really wish we could)Each time you come up with a little"new"idea,I have to try it!My Avic really does spend more time in testmode than actually running as a sat nav!Just want put on the record how grateful I am to yourself,34x151,diafita,dphurst,IDT,Boris and all the ones I've forgotten for keeping this forum alive.Please keep doing your stuff,and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

No biggie, I always delete teh compass, i have one in front of my face on the rearview mirrow.

Only 4 liked the new compass? Man, that is too bad. Don't worry about what others think, do what you need to do. i like the scheme though, Maybe you can upload that? Please?

Oh, that should be easy enough then, just remove this line from the 'Navigatemap_800_480.ui'

;COMPASS

And then, if you want to move up anything below it, just subtract 25 from the 'y' value, and that will bring it up. Eg., if the 'y' value of the speedlimit sign is 195, then to move it up, just subtract the 25pts that the compass took so it would be at 'y=170'. Just keep in mind that with the speed limit sign, there are two variables that have to move up, the sign AND the text, both by 25

Abb.I love the way your mod to IDT'S original work has developed,and I try to have a look at each and every update.I think that some things which i find important are not fussed by others.I like to see the distance to destination and time to destination more prominant than say,compass bearing.Thats just the way I like it.Every modder on here deserves massive gratitude from the rest us who can't mod(but really wish we could)Each time you come up with a little"new"idea,I have to try it!My Avic really does spend more time in testmode than actually running as a sat nav!Just want put on the record how grateful I am to yourself,34x151,diafita,dphurst,IDT,Boris and all the ones I've forgotten for keeping this forum alive.Please keep doing your stuff,and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Thank you!

I am the one among many that second that too :P .

Well, a friend of mine pointed something out in the speedo dial that I did not really pay attention to. He asked what all those numbers were on the left side. I knew that they were - 1) Time to next turn. 2) Distance to exit, 3) Time of arrival.

He said, 'well, how is anybody supposed to know that?', and he is right. So, I added icons that explain what all the numbers in the speed dial are. I also put house icons up were the house numbers are so that they are identified. One other thing that was bugging me about the dial is that the white bar where the current street text was in hung kinda low, so I raised it as well. Here is a pic of the old and the fixed version that will be out soon.

OLD SPEEDO DIAL

NEW SPEEDO DIAL

post-32106-12872762438923_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762439859_thumb.jpg

Very nice addition ... I like that!

Keep on going Abb, right now you are one of the few that make this forum (still) alive!!!

When do you expect to release the next minor update ... I want to have that as I show the speedometer all the time :mrgreen:

Very nice addition ... I like that!

Keep on going Abb, right now you are one of the few that make this forum (still) alive!!!

When do you expect to release the next minor update ... I want to have that as I show the speedometer all the time :mrgreen:

Soon, as soon as I get everything tweaked. I get sick of putting up an update and then the next day think, 'Damn, I shoulda done that too'. I also did a few minor graphical updates for the Chrome theme, and I will have to put them up together as I have updated the warning and text boxes which are in both parts. I also want to put together a few more schemes, and they are time consuming.

So as soon as I get everything done and tweaked, I will put it up :)

I did the 3.0 upgrade and the hardware bypass. but now i cant get my 900bt to boot to the operating system. I had done mod to it before but now it wont let me in. Is there a trick to getting in after the 3.0 upgrade?

Make sure you are using the correct testmode for V3 as it differs to V2.

I did the 3.0 upgrade and the hardware bypass. but now i cant get my 900bt to boot to the operating system. I had done mod to it before but now it wont let me in. Is there a trick to getting in after the 3.0 upgrade?

Were do i find the V3 testmode? Ive been looking everywhere with no luck.

Were do i find the V3 testmode? Ive been looking everywhere with no luck.

Testmode v2.3 works with 3.0, as long as you aren't on the newer 3.020xx version if you've got an EU unit. That release broke Testmode for that version since the key file needed is unknown.

I have 3.020 US version installed. does that mean that i wont be able to get in to test mode? I saw on another post about holding the menu, map, eject and reset buttons during boot up but that seemed to be for a complete reinstall. I have tried to install the testmode on several SD cards with no luck. the cards are reconized but it still wont let me in. Is there a way to go back to 3.0 if i cant mod 3.020

I have 3.020 US version installed. does that mean that i wont be able to get in to test mode? I saw on another post about holding the menu, map, eject and reset buttons during boot up but that seemed to be for a complete reinstall. I have tried to install the testmode on several SD cards with no luck. the cards are reconized but it still wont let me in. Is there a way to go back to 3.0 if i cant mod 3.020

Yeah, the Menu+Map+Eject+Reset method is to get into the eBoot Service Menu, not Testmode. If you've tried expanding Testmode 2.3 onto an SD card and you don't get any errors from the archive (typical error is a CRC32 problem on one of the .exes) and it doesn't boot to a Windows CE screen when you put the SD card in and turn on the radio, then you've likely got the unknown key file issue.