AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

I have been using the avic emulator that was just posted on daftias site in response tomy request. It is pretty good and at least helps with the image and icon placements. I got it to work and it is not bad. In response to before, I am planning on changing the location of those images and that is why I asked about the nav.ui in the common folder.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Abb,

Been following this thread closely for a while now and I think I'm ready to install your chrome theme and latest nav mod. I have a question that I wasn't clear on after reading the posts....I currently have Diaftia's V2.3 mod installed. Can I install your chrome theme and latest nav mod without reverting back to stock? Thanks for all your hard work!!

Yes, just make sure that you install ALL the files in the proper locations. When it asks to overwright, just say 'yes' and you are good to go. Any mod can be overwritten, you just have to make sure that 1) - you install ALL the files associated with the mod and 2) - delete all user data in your 'MyFlashDisk/USER/UserData' folder by deleting the igo folder.

Do this and your good to go :)

Well Abb guess I have to be the one fly in the ointment! I loaded your Chrome Image V1.2 file, then your Chrome Nav Mod1.65 AV and both seemed to load O.K. I then tried to load your GFX folder and it seems to load about 40 % of the files then starts giving me errors (appears not to load the files completely) and as a result of these errors and the incomplete load the Schemes folder won't load at all. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to computers, but I've tried deleting and reloading the files 3 times and get the same errors. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Well Abb guess I have to be the one fly in the ointment! I loaded your Chrome Image V1.2 file, then your Chrome Nav Mod1.65 AV and both seemed to load O.K. I then tried to load your GFX folder and it seems to load about 40 % of the files then starts giving me errors (appears not to load the files completely) and as a result of these errors and the incomplete load the Schemes folder won't load at all. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to computers, but I've tried deleting and reloading the files 3 times and get the same errors. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

What do the errors say? if it is space, then first off delete the GFX folder that is already in place (if there is one in place), second, do like Chuck says and delete some maps from your map folder that you do not use, like Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, etc.. Depending on where you are at, of course

What do the errors say? if it is space, then first off delete the GFX folder that is already in place (if there is one in place), second, do like Chuck says and delete some maps from your map folder that you do not use, like Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, etc.. Depending on where you are at, of course

Sorry, I can't recall exactly what the errors say, in fact, many times it doesn't mention an error but just indicates that it only loads about 15% of a file then moves on to the next and only loads a small portion of it and when all is said and done it, my GFX folder is only about 47 MB. Makes sense that I probably need more room. I'll try deleting some maps and free up some space and hpoefully that will solve the problem. Thanks to you & Chuck!

Abb, regarding my PM to you, is it difficult to grey out the unavailable buttons when there is no GPS, instead of make them completely disappear?

I saw your #2 or #3 BMP thing with PhotoShop in the previous posts, but don't know whether they can apply to this.

Sorry to bring this up all the times but I frequently lost GPS because of the underground parkings and tunnels :mrgreen: .

Abb, regarding my PM to you, is it difficult to grey out the unavailable buttons when there is no GPS, instead of make them completely disappear?

I saw your #2 or #3 BMP thing with PhotoShop in the previous posts, but don't know whether they can apply to this.

Sorry to bring this up all the times but I frequently lost GPS because of the underground parkings and tunnels :mrgreen: .

No, that wouldn't work as the visible model is still GPS Valid, meaning that the button will remain invisible unless there is a GPS signal. Actually, the icons dissapearing is a good thing. If they were up all the time, you would not know when you have a GPS signal or not. My GPS comes up immediately in my car, so I dont even notice it, but in my home, it takes 30 sec or more to get a GPS signal, so, I actually want that so that I can see when the GPS is active. I tried your idea about combining the invisible icons together and it works good. I will put it in my next release :)

But I was hoping that the PS #X function of the BMP image could (when combining with scripts), instead of linking to the visiblemodel="", link to some kind of grey out function that make the icons unselectable, monochrome, let say, instead of colorful. This way the line of icons will always be full.

I thought that this function is available.

Hi Abb,

So far so good with my modding.

For some reason i cant change the color of the clock letters and the nav text. Does that have to do with the street color and name mod?

I also have a question regarding what this is for? ....onclick='run sc_NaviMenuAlphaRestore' ....

Just wanted to know if this has something to do with the fade of the buttons and if i should be adding that to any new nav.ui buttons I add and doing the same in the nav.ui in the common folder.

thanks

But I was hoping that the PS #X function of the BMP image could (when combining with scripts), instead of linking to the visiblemodel="", link to some kind of grey out function that make the icons unselectable, monochrome, let say, instead of colorful. This way the line of icons will always be full.

No, the 'visiblemodel=' overrides all. Like I was saying though, if all icons are full, you would never know if you have a GPS signal or not. Eg. sometimes in Toronto, with the skyscrapers which will block out a GPS signal, you would not know of your GPS Status, if all icons were present.

No, the 'visiblemodel=' overrides all. Like I was saying though, if all icons are full, you would never know if you have a GPS signal or not. Eg. sometimes in Toronto, with the skyscrapers which will block out a GPS signal, you would not know of your GPS Status, if all icons were present.

Yeah Abb, I understand what you are saying but I believe that you didn't understand my idea of the greyed out or monochrome and unselectable icons.

:wink:

Yeah Abb, I understand what you are saying but I believe that you didn't understand my idea of the greyed out or monochrome and unselectable icons.

:wink:

No, I tried putting an inactive button with the visiblemodel=GPSvalid and it did not show up at all, there again, the way that the script reads is that unless the GPS signal is there, no button (icon) will be present

No, I tried putting an inactive button with the visiblemodel=GPSvalid and it did not show up at all, there again, the way that the script reads is that unless the GPS signal is there, no button (icon) will be present

That is normal behavior. You have to remove the dependency with the "visiblemodel=gps.valid", so the greyout icon will be shown without regards to the GPS signal, but unselectable. :wink:

This is what I did for one or two icons in the navigation_800_480.ui file that I PM you last week (the dependency removal but not the greyed out icon). You can do the same.

In my opinion, this will make your mod much nicer, for many.

That is normal behavior. You have to remove the dependency with the "visiblemodel=gps.valid", so the greyout icon will be shown without regards to the GPS signal, but unselectable. :wink:

This is what I did for one or two icons in the navigation_800_480.ui file that I PM you last week (the dependency removal but not the greyed out icon). You can do the same.

In my opinion, this will make your mod much nicer, for many.

I tried that and the grey did not show simply because there NEVER is an inactive button, in the NAV, they are always active, so the colored image would show and not the grey. I tried removing the visiblemodel, but the grey would still not show, just the normal colored version