AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

OK I understand.

There is a long method and for sure it will work :idea: : The method consists of creating an additional monochrome icon for each one in question, then show one of the other dependent on the GPS valid status, pretty much the same method as you use to show the AV_ON and AV_OFF icons.

Anyway, I guess I am the only one who make this request ... :oops:

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I understand.

There is a long method and for sure it will work :idea: : The method consists of creating an additional monochrome icon for each one in question, then show one of the other dependent on the GPS valid status, pretty much the same method as you use to show the AV_ON and AV_OFF icons.

Anyway, I guess I am the only one who make this request ... :oops:

There may be a workaround. I will see what I come up with on my next days off.

Well Abb guess I have to be the one fly in the ointment! I loaded your Chrome Image V1.2 file, then your Chrome Nav Mod1.65 AV and both seemed to load O.K. I then tried to load your GFX folder and it seems to load about 40 % of the files then starts giving me errors (appears not to load the files completely) and as a result of these errors and the incomplete load the Schemes folder won't load at all. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to computers, but I've tried deleting and reloading the files 3 times and get the same errors. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

What do the errors say? if it is space, then first off delete the GFX folder that is already in place (if there is one in place), second, do like Chuck says and delete some maps from your map folder that you do not use, like Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, etc.. Depending on where you are at, of course

Sorry, I can't recall exactly what the errors say, in fact, many times it doesn't mention an error but just indicates that it only loads about 15% of a file then moves on to the next and only loads a small portion of it and when all is said and done it, my GFX folder is only about 47 MB. Makes sense that I probably need more room. I'll try deleting some maps and free up some space and hpoefully that will solve the problem. Thanks to you & Chuck!

Abb & Chuck, just wanted to say thanks again for your help! I made some space by removing a few maps from far away places and everything loaded just like it was supposed to. Keep up the good work Abb!

The mapchanger is a feature that I use frequently as here in Canada it is hit and miss to which map is better. I travel between Toronto and Kingston and both maps have their advantages and disadvantages.

Abb,

When you were driving in the Toronto area, does the following holds true:

"Here in Canada, NT does provide lane info but lacks of speed limits. TA does provide speed limits but lacks of lane info. What is the joke? We are into 2010 now :mrgreen: "

Anybody knows something else?

Abb,

When you were driving in the Toronto area, does the following holds true:

"Here in Canada, NT does provide lane info but lacks of speed limits. TA does provide speed limits but lacks of lane info. What is the joke? We are into 2010 now :mrgreen: "

Anybody knows something else?

That is correct, like I said, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I also noticed that in Toronto, I did see a few buildings with the Navteq maps, but NOT with the TA maps. The speedlimit sign, I really dont care about as I know what the speedlimits are here in Canada :roll:

That is correct, like I said, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I also noticed that in Toronto, I did see a few buildings with the Navteq maps, but NOT with the TA maps. The speedlimit sign, I really dont care about as I know what the speedlimits are here in Canada :roll:

You know what Abb, 3D buildings are in stored in the BUILDING folder, and you can use the same BUILDING for both NT and TA maps, so just use the one with more buildings for your area.

I always use 3D buildings files from TA, even with NT maps.

You know what Abb, 3D buildings are in stored in the BUILDING folder, and you can use the same BUILDING for both NT and TA maps, so just use the one with more buildings for your area.

I always use 3D buildings files from TA, even with NT maps.

That is what I figured, but I took the same route twice, once with NT and the other time with TA. With Navteq, I seen two buildings (yes, an entire two :roll: ) and with TA, NONE were present!

Hey Abb,

Quick question. I am a little confused, which one do i download if i want the mod that doesn't include your AV off button. I like the AV and don't even want that option as I like to see what song is playing while on the nav screen. Thanks

Hey Abb,

Quick question. I am a little confused, which one do i download if i want the mod that doesn't include your AV off button. I like the AV and don't even want that option as I like to see what song is playing while on the nav screen. Thanks

Abbs Chrome Nav Mod V1.65- AV.rar

Hey Abb......just want to say your mod is working fine on my unit, but I do have a slight problem. I noticed that the elevation is being represented in tenths (of a mile) on the map view. When I applied the hacked EZrider_alt it corrected that problem with Diaftia's mod, but it doesn't seem to work with yours. I've checked the forums here and have gotten confused as to what to do. Can you offer any suggestions, please ?

Hey Abb......just want to say your mod is working fine on my unit, but I do have a slight problem. I noticed that the elevation is being represented in tenths (of a mile) on the map view. When I applied the hacked EZrider_alt it corrected that problem with Diaftia's mod, but it doesn't seem to work with yours. I've checked the forums here and have gotten confused as to what to do. Can you offer any suggestions, please ?

Hmmm, it must be a problem with your system. I use KM/M and have no problems, so I switched to Miles/Yards and then to Miles/feet, and I have not had a problem with either, whether it is in yards or feet. Nothing is displayed in tenths. Did you delete all user data before installing my mod? It may be conflicting with saved data from a previous mod or the previous Data.zip.

Hmmm, it must be a problem with your system. I use KM/M and have no problems, so I switched to Miles/Yards and then to Miles/feet, and I have not had a problem with either, whether it is in yards or feet. Nothing is displayed in tenths. Did you delete all user data before installing my mod? It may be conflicting with saved data from a previous mod or the previous Data.zip.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did delete the IGO folder in my user data, but I'll try it again and see if that corrects the situation.

Also, the altitude should not be displayed any different in map view as it is in the 'GPS Status' screen or any other screen that displays altitude or elevation. It should display it in either 'yards' or 'feet', whichever you have chosen in the 'Regional Settings'. Diaftias mod is no different than mine in that respect, so that makes me believe that the problem is associated with

1- did not delete 'user data'

2- did not install ALL the files associated to the mod. My 'SYS.txt' MUST be installed!

3- other mods or possibly faulty ezrider that may cause the problem or conflict with the units associated with the