AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abb.Is it a major job to add the option of EU speed limit signs?ie In a Red circle.Is it something I could do or can you offer it as an option?Thanks.

No, it is an easy job which you can do yourself. Just go into the 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' and locate this code:

;speed limit 

;UK
;	
;	
;US

just move the two semi-colons from in front of the UK lines and move them in front of the US lines and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have problems. I can do it up for you and then just send you the .ui file and then all you have to do is put it in the '800_480/UI' folder

I have 3.020 US version installed. does that mean that i wont be able to get in to test mode? I saw on another post about holding the menu, map, eject and reset buttons during boot up but that seemed to be for a complete reinstall. I have tried to install the testmode on several SD cards with no luck. the cards are reconized but it still wont let me in. Is there a way to go back to 3.0 if i cant mod 3.020

Yeah, the Menu+Map+Eject+Reset method is to get into the eBoot Service Menu, not Testmode. If you've tried expanding Testmode 2.3 onto an SD card and you don't get any errors from the archive (typical error is a CRC32 problem on one of the .exes) and it doesn't boot to a Windows CE screen when you put the SD card in and turn on the radio, then you've likely got the unknown key file issue.

You would probably have a lot more replies and help if you started your own thread in the hacks/Mods section

I will do that thanks for the assistance and sorry for cutting in on this thread. I was tring to load your mod because it looks like the best one I have seen on here. hopefully I can get this figured out and give your mod a try.

I will do that thanks for the assistance and sorry for cutting in on this thread. I was tring to load your mod because it looks like the best one I have seen on here. hopefully I can get this figured out and give your mod a try.

Yeah, the best one ... for me anyway. And if ever you want to change something for your liking, you can always ask Abb and he is very helpful.

So I stopped looking around for the time being ...

Yeah, the best one ... for me anyway. And if ever you want to change something for your liking, you can always ask Abb and he is very helpful.

So I stopped looking around for the time being ...

I'm in!!!!!!!!

After all of this i now have to ask the question will the mod work with 3.020?

Abb, there is a tiny little flashing dot in your pic, and I know there is a cursor. But how come sometime the cursor is shown with a bit target mark and sometime it is a flashing dot?

I know there is something to do with the GFX but I can have both during different time with the same configuration, same FGX, same mod.

Any idea?

Just unziped the Abbs Chrome Nav Mod V1.65- AV folder and put the folder that says put in APL2-IGO Folder and there is also a zipped data file in the folder what do i do with it?

Put everything in the APL2/IGO folder-

Data.zip

Extension folder

BULLPEN3D.ttf

SYS.TXT

TAHOMA.TTF

TAHOMABD.TTF

Just as you see it. Do NOT extract or unzip the Data.zip file as that is the Nav mod and has to be zipped

Just unziped the Abbs Chrome Nav Mod V1.65- AV folder and put the folder that says put in APL2-IGO Folder and there is also a zipped data file in the folder what do i do with it?

Put everything in the APL2/IGO folder-

Data.zip

Extension folder

BULLPEN3D.ttf

SYS.TXT

TAHOMA.TTF

TAHOMABD.TTF

Just as you see it. Do NOT extract or unzip the Data.zip file as that is the Nav mod and has to be zipped

I had a small problem when Imoved the GFX file it said the file exceeded the size and it only transferred some of the files from the folder. Is there something iIshould have deleted? everything so far looks even better them I thought Abb you are a genius.

Abb.Is it a major job to add the option of EU speed limit signs?ie In a Red circle.Is it something I could do or can you offer it as an option?Thanks.

No, it is an easy job which you can do yourself. Just go into the 'navigatemap_800_480.ui' and locate this code:

;speed limit 

;UK
;	
;	
;US

just move the two semi-colons from in front of the UK lines and move them in front of the US lines and you should be good to go. Let me know if you have problems. I can do it up for you and then just send you the .ui file and then all you have to do is put it in the '800_480/UI' folder

Thank you for your help Abb-all sorted!