AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

Hi Abb,

Where is your code for the splitscreen? i can't find it in your nav 800_480 file.

It is in the 'Common/UI folder' named 'infoscreen.ui'

Hi Abb1:

Do I just copy over the infoscreen.ui and the bmp files to my data file and then it should work?

Jimbo

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abb,

Where is your code for the splitscreen? i can't find it in your nav 800_480 file.

It is in the 'Common/UI folder' named 'infoscreen.ui'

Hi Abb1:

Do I just copy over the infoscreen.ui and the bmp files to my data file and then it should work?

Jimbo

I cant answer that, I dont know the coding in that mod. All I can say is try it out and go by the error messages if there are any. The error message will incicate which part od the code is in error, then you just fix it.

Hey abb.....thanks for all of the info and help that you gave me. Sorry I was unaware about the need for FW 3.0, I could have saved us both some time and effort lol. But at least I have you to thank for pointing me in the right direction.

I finally got the links to work on the page you referenced me to for the firmware update once I schooled myself in torrents, however they are the update files from the pioneer cnsd-100fm update that is only for other f-series avics. The avic I have is the F500bt and it seems that I need the cnsd-150fm update made just for my model. Would you happen to know where I could find THAT update at on here?? If not, I guess I'll have to break down and order it from Pioneer, since it is on sale for $59. Thanks for all of your advice.

Hey abb.....thanks for all of the info and help that you gave me. Sorry I was unaware about the need for FW 3.0, I could have saved us both some time and effort lol. But at least I have you to thank for pointing me in the right direction.

I finally got the links to work on the page you referenced me to for the firmware update once I schooled myself in torrents, however they are the update files from the pioneer cnsd-100fm update that is only for other f-series avics. The avic I have is the F500bt and it seems that I need the cnsd-150fm update made just for my model. Would you happen to know where I could find THAT update at on here?? If not, I guess I'll have to break down and order it from Pioneer, since it is on sale for $59. Thanks for all of your advice.

If you get the legit update from Piuoneer, just make sure that you revert any updates and put the stock files back in. The problem is that Pioneers update changes the firmware and just overwrites the files. It does NOT format the drive. I purchased the legit update and it would be stuck at startup mode because it was looking for files that were now changed, as I had my system fully modded before I updated it. I had to download the file from the thread that I gave you and that got it working, but those files DO reformat the drive.If all you have done is put in the Nav mod, that should not be a problem, just delete all the files that were in my download and install the original ones

Abb.Thank you for another great addition to the mods.The schemes are a real work of art.You should be very proud of this.

Thank you, the schemes are a lot of work. I found that Lesscro and xerses schemes were too mirrored. I tried to avoid that by utilizing layers in the backgrounds. I think it paid off as I find they look more realistic

Terrific Abb, especially those schemes. Thank you very much.

I just trimmed down the GFX folder to work only with your scheme and it is now only 20 MB uncompressed (instead of the whopping 130 MB) :mrgreen: .

Excellent, as my schemes are the only ones that I have loaded as well. I just wanted it so that ALL schemes are capable of being loaded. You have to make sure though that the only folders that should be deleted are the lesscros folder and the Xerses folder, nothing else!

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, when I first started making schemes, I put my backgrounds in Lesscros folder, that was before I made my own folder in the GFX folder. In other words, the 'fog scheme' or the 'rain scheme', will not work without Lesscros folder. I never moved them over as I didnt think there would be need, but with all the new schemes, I think I should!

You are absolutely right and that was what I have done. I think that there are 3 BMP that I have to keep from LeSScro and Xerses72 folders ... and now the GFX has a thinnier footprint.

Maybe you can change those links in your next update (if any :wink: ).

BTW, I think that not all of the ~8MB of the main GFX\*.BMP are used in your schemes. If you can give me a hint (instead of hunting for myself), I can trim it further.

Thanks.

Maybe you can change those links in your next update (if any :wink: ).

BTW, I think that not all of the ~8MB of the main GFX\*.BMP are used in your schemes. If you can give me a hint (instead of hunting for myself), I can trim it further.

Thanks.

I have already made the changes and changed the file paths of those schemes. I will add them in my next update, mind you, I think that this mod is about close near to perfect with no issues, but I probably WILL update the schemes along with the GFX folder

I don't mind at all that you put a point at this, no major issue anymore. You know this consumpts lot of time of you, and mine too :mrgreen: to install and test mods.

If you tell me where to put the 3 BMP files, I don't even have to wait for your schemes update and make an identical version of it now.

Thanks.

I don't mind at all that you put a point at this, no major issue anymore. You know this consumpts lot of time of you, and mine too :mrgreen: to install and test mods.

If you tell me where to put the 3 BMP files, I don't even have to wait for your schemes update and make an identical version of it now.

Thanks.

The bmps have to be moved, but the color.ini has to be changed as well otherwise it will be looking for the bmps in the wrong location

Well, I just cant leave well enough alone! I will NEVER stop updating this, or I should say that I cant as I always see something that might be better. The turn icons in the Nav pane always bugged me, so I changed them. I wanted a more 3D effect. Here are some pics, what do you think?

post-32106-12872762514506_thumb.jpg