AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

No bar please! Or at least provide a way to hide it for people that doesn't like it.

Thanks.

Actually, It looks good if you have it at 100% fade like I use it. That way when you press the icons to appear, you have the whole bar that appears. If you were to permanently have the icons showing, then I would not reccomend it as it takes away form the screen. I was just playing around, that is why I wanted peoples input

Yeah, that was the whole idea in my case, I have the icons line permanently shown at 50% fade, so I don't want to bar. Anyway, I can always remove it from the script. :?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a few more changes. I now have fixed up the curser screen which I left untouched in my previous updates. This now has the icons matching the chrome theme and has them a little more condensed to save space. Here are some pics. I will put up some with the new map icons soon!

[attachment=1]nc8.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_0476.JPG[/attachment]

Abb, here is my two cents ... your news icons are beautiful and provide a more 3D feel. However, since there is a grey-white centre, it would make sense to change the color of the text (left side) from white to something else.

Thanks.

Abb, here is my two cents ... your news icons are beautiful and provide a more 3D feel. However, since there is a grey-white centre, it would make sense to change the color of the text (left side) from white to something else.

Thanks.

Nah, white is the best because it is in the dark area of the bmp. I replaced the picture with a better one as the one prior was shot in bright daylight. As you can see the text is still readable dispite the smaller size

Hi Abb, I am not referring to the functioning (that functions correctly), but the BMP of the scroll bar ... check on the left side upper bar when you are reaching the bottom or top page of schemes.

Everything is functioning correctly! I dont know what you mean :?: Can you show a pic?

Well, next step, I have given the icons a more of a 3D look. You have no idea how hard it is to create a drop shadow in an alpha layer, so this was not easy and very complicated. Tell me your thoughts....

post-32106-12872762590744_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762592242_thumb.jpg

Hi Abb, I am not referring to the functioning (that functions correctly), but the BMP of the scroll bar ... check on the left side upper bar when you are reaching the bottom or top page of schemes.

Everything is functioning correctly! I dont know what you mean :?: Can you show a pic?

Abb, simple: if you have 3 pages total, when you reach first page, the circles in both up and down scrolling bar are ON or lighted, and this is not correct, as the up circle should be OFF because nothing in front of page one.

And when you are on the last page 3, you can see both circles are OFF, and this is NOT correct because again, the up circle should be ON because there is a page 2 before page 3.

It is hard to explain ... got it now?

And I have noticed that the up and down scrolling bars and circles within them in the PHONE CONTACTS are different.

Figure out ...

Abb, and I insist on the bar behind the line of icons ... I just hope that you can show me how to remove it from the script because if one doesn't use the 100%, then he will have two layers of things on top of the sky (faded icons and faded bar), and this in my opinion, defeats your original intent of cleaness of the map screen ... at least for those that would set fading to something else than 100%.

Thanks for your consideration.

Abb, and I insist on the bar behind the line of icons ... I just hope that you can show me how to remove it from the script because if one doesn't use the 100%, then he will have two layers of things on top of the sky (faded icons and faded bar), and this in my opinion, defeats your original intent of cleaness of the map screen ... at least for those that would set fading to something else than 100%.

Thanks for your consideration.

If I do decide on this, I will let you know how to remove it. it is easy! It is still a bit away yet from a release as I am just playing around right now to get peoples feel. This mod is virtually bug free right now and the only updates will be graphical

If I do decide on this, I will let you know how to remove it. it is easy! It is still a bit away yet from a release as I am just playing around right now to get peoples feel. This mod is virtually bug free right now and the only updates will be graphical

I also hope people rise up to give opinion, but most of them are guests and just browsing, like I once did :oops: .

Please don't forget to checkout:

1) Fixing the schemes scrolling bar thing (upper left).

2) Shifting the reserved area for clicking for the on-screen trip computer (under the current speed).

Thanks.

I also hope people rise up to give opinion, but most of them are guests and just browsing, like I once did :oops: .

1) Fixing the schemes scrolling bar thing (upper left ... why don't you just use the same as those found for the contact scrolling bars?).

2) Shifting the reserved area for clicking for the on-screen trip computer (under the current speed).

Thanks.

Abb,

This mod is incredible!!! I can't believe how much functionality you brought to the surface of the Avic!

I have one question, would it be possible for you to describe how to change the car icon? If you're busy I understand. Customizing the car icon would just put this over the top!!

Thanks again for all your hard work. I think Pioneer needs to have you head up their GUI team!!

1) Fixing the schemes scrolling bar thing (upper left).

Thanks.

1) The inactive and normal bmp's were reversed, why, I dont know. I will have to play with it to see why this was done. This really isnt a big deal as I never even noticed it and I dont really think any one else did....ever.

2) Fixed, it is not UNDER the current speed, but 10 px below where it used to be. I tried this in several occasions and it has not been a problem

This really isnt a big deal as I never even noticed it and I dont really think any one else did....ever.

LOL ... so I keep finding things that people couldn't, I assume that I am the ONLY good tester for your mod :mrgreen: .

Abb,

This mod is incredible!!! I can't believe how much functionality you brought to the surface of the Avic!

I have one question, would it be possible for you to describe how to change the car icon? If you're busy I understand. Customizing the car icon would just put this over the top!!

Thanks again for all your hard work. I think Pioneer needs to have you head up their GUI team!!

Lol, thanks! However, I think that I would be overqualified to work on Pioneers GUI team as judging by the original work, I swear it was designed by a 10 yr old :lol: '

To answer your question about the car, you can find the answer in this first post of this thread http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=28376

He also has a 3Dcar file with multiple cars that you can exchange for the red one that I have in my mod.