AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

The #2 after the bmp image means that it is one bmp with two pictures and two functions. If it has three pictures such as the 'IDT_onmap_call.bmp' button which has three fuctions (Normal, Press, inactive), then it will have a label such as 'IDT_onmap_call.bmp#3' in the code meaning that the button has three functions

I am in the process of changing the onmap buttons first, some i don't like and some bmp's are just not very clear, so i am just redoing them.

If i were to change them to just one bmp instead of two, would there be a huge impact and what are the functions, please explain? I noticed this a while ago in IDT's mod and never asked why there are 2 bmp's since i gave up on upgrading to the latest set of mods from CMH's mod and now I am making the leap. I guess i am asking, can i just replace the bmp's you have in your data to the single function one's i have in my data file?

Please bear with me as I am not a programmer, just a reverse engineer copier.

Thanks Abb.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more request if possible. I used to be able to alpha mask the bmp's no problem with my previous photoshop following the directions of an old post "adding your own 2d car as the arrow" no problem, but when i got the new photoshop, i haven't been succesful in creating the onmap buttons. If it isn't too much trouble, can you give me a simple set of directions to follow? Much appreciated.

If i were to change them to just one bmp instead of two, would there be a huge impact and what are the functions, please explain? I noticed this a while ago in IDT's mod and never asked why there are 2 bmp's since i gave up on upgrading to the latest set of mods from CMH's mod and now I am making the leap. I guess i am asking, can i just replace the bmp's you have in your data to the single function one's i have in my data file?

Please bear with me as I am not a programmer, just a reverse engineer copier.

Thanks Abb.

You can replace any button with just one image, but when you press it, it will remain motionless, like your just touching the screen, having the second image a little brighter or smaller, gives the simulation of it being pushed. That is the entire reason behind this.....realism!

One more request if possible. I used to be able to alpha mask the bmp's no problem with my previous photoshop following the directions of an old post "adding your own 2d car as the arrow" no problem, but when i got the new photoshop, i haven't been succesful in creating the onmap buttons. If it isn't too much trouble, can you give me a simple set of directions to follow? Much appreciated.

I have used every photoshop except CS4 and they are all the same in that respect. Just follow the instructions you had prior. I am still using CS3 because it does what I need it too

You can replace any button with just one image, but when you press it, it will remain motionless, like your just touching the screen, having the second image a little brighter or smaller, gives the simulation of it being pushed. That is the entire reason behind this.....realism!

I like that a lot. Then I will have to redo these files based on my images. I have seen these images before in IDT's mod, but although an EXCELLENT modder, not so great with the graphics, so I initially changed them even on his first mod that I was using.

So all I need to do is use my image, make the canvas longer and add a smaller version of the icon below the larger one. Is there a code in the nav.ui file that i need to add to the onmap buttons as well, like i guess the #2 after the bitmaps name? Because I also want to add a history button.

Just rename the button in the ui to whatever you want and then put the number behind it for the number of functions and images that are within the bmp. I already have a history button in my mod. You get it by longpressing the address button. This mod literally has just about everything :)

Just rename the button in the ui to whatever you want and then put the number behind it for the number of functions and images that are within the bmp. I already have a history button in my mod. You get it by longpressing the address button. This mod literally has just about everything :)

Yeah, it has everything and I seems not be able to know all the hidden stuffs, like the long pressing address button.

:mrgreen:

Yeah, it has everything and I seems not be able to know all the hidden stuffs, like the long pressing address button.

:mrgreen:

Yes, it does have everything! The main screen has 14 icons with 7 that have a dual fuction by long clicking. You also have the time (dual function), speed, and street which are also all clickable for a function leaving this mod with a total of 25 features clickable on the main screen to bring up features of this mod. ALL buttons and descriptions are on the front page and they are updated regularly as they are updated

Hi ABB,

I have been trying to find the name's of the bmp's of the box that show the next arrow turn, the box with mute and delete route buttons and the box with the name of the next turn street. Also can't find where they are referenced in the nav 880_480.ui file. Would you mind pointing them out for me?

thanks

In 800_480/IDT_dir_cockpit.bmp

Ok, found it thanks ABB. you have been a great help. One more question.

In order for me to rearrange this box, i guess I would also have to modify the in the nav.ui file in the common folder as well and is there anywhere else that I would need to modify?

Thanks

In 800_480/IDT_dir_cockpit.bmp

Ok, found it thanks ABB. you have been a great help. One more question.

In order for me to rearrange this box, i guess I would also have to modify the in the nav.ui file in the common folder as well and is there anywhere else that I would need to modify?

Thanks

No leave that alone, just do the changes to the box, there is no need to go anywheres else. All you are doing is changing the appearance of an object, NOT the scripting, so just leave it and work on the box only

If you have access to the "About" button at the bottom of the screen, long-click on it and it will bring you to the nav screen.

Another alternative would be to load a saved route, if you migrate your AVIC's saved configuration to your emulator.

for some reason when i use your data file with the emulator, i cant seem to get bto the nav screen. it takes me to the route planner screen. can you let me know how to get to the nav screen with the emulator?

thanks

I have never used an emulator. I tried to get one for the 3.0 version when it first came out and I couldnt find one that works with it. I now use my spare F700BT right beside my computer, so this is a MUCH better solution for testing.