AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you only has so much space on the internal flash card. If you want to store both map sets on the internal flash, you would have to be selective. For example, if you are living in New York or any eastern States, why bother to have California or Alaska, Hawaii maps on your HU? The same goes to the POI and 3D building files: just keep what you need is the rule of thumb!!!

BTW, you can use one set of POI and 3D building files (or even DEM files) for both Navteq and TeleAtlas.

Thanx, Chuck!

I know that in IDT's mod he has it pulling from the CONTENT folder in the flash disk but the problem is, is that I don't have enough memory to house both sets of maps.

I'll give it a try.

BTW, nice mod ABB!! 8)

It is a matter of opinion, but I still believe that since Flash memory is so much faster than the memory card, I would just put it on the internal flash. Just install the maps that you want in the map_nt folder, and get rid of some of the maps that you will never use in the map folder such as mexico, alaska, hawaii, etc.. I mean like, what are your chances of driving to Hawaii? Also, you do not need the poi of those locations as well. It is easy to scrounge up about 200-300 mb of crap that you will never use. Yhis will give you more than enough space to hold a ton of Navteq maps. The only maps that I have in my Navteq folder is Canada, and New York. I will not go anywhere else, and if I do, I just switch over to the TA maps.

I've pretty done much of the "cleaning" long ago when I put in the TA 2009, Q2 maps. I kept all of my POI's from the NT 2008 maps because there were so much more of them as well as adding my own in a custom BRANDING file. I have alot of different schemes and a really big GFX file to complement them so I am getting close to being full..not to mention in is running quite a bit slower because of it. I too rarely drive outside of the western states and I can't remember the last time I drove to Hawaii :roll:

Anyhoo, I will dabble some more with these great mods!

Thanx, bro..

Bud

Abb, kind of strange, I don't have the font displayed on my HU as those screen shots shown in page 1 of this thread. You only add one TTF font in your mod, aren't you?

Just look at the picture that I posted on page 3 ...

Abb, kind of strange, I don't have the font displayed on my HU as those screen shots shown in page 1 of this thread. You only add one TTF font in your mod, aren't you?

Just look at the picture that I posted on page 3 ...

That is correct! It is a special font that I have installed in the Nav section. I didnt include it because it is a preference not for everyone. Also, the font is there to stay, in other words, no matter what Data.zip file you have installed, it will still have this font because it is in the igo folder and not in the DATA.zip

Just want to understand ... in your script within DATA.zip, don't you refer to the fonts to be used by their names? So how come our DATA.zip doesn't signal any error when the font is missing?

Curious ... Also please: Can you tell me the list of font that you already tried and specify which is fixed width fonts (couple of postes up ...)?

Thanks.

Well, the final update (I hope) is just about ready. Here are the fixes and highlights and a quick pic:

Changes

- It is now working so that if you wanted all icons to remain on screen, just turn the fade control to 'OFF'. To have all icons hidden the way it was prior, just have the fade control set to 100% and push the invisible button below the compass to bring the icons back up again for 5 sec. I have to thank 'Chuck88' for the idea of this awesome change that now suits everybody.

-Added a button on the main screen which directly brings up the mapchanger as I use this function frequently depending on where I am travelling and it was a pain to go to 2 menu selections to go to it.

-Several new icons as some were just too old

-Removed the turn restriction from the 'speedometer' screen which previosly still showed wrong turn restrictions when feature was turned off

-Phone is now NOT DEPENDENT on GPS signal. Prior, the phone button would not work when in tunnels or parking garages. It is now fully functional no matter where you are.

-Got rid of the text colour changer which previosly just caused multiple errors

post-32106-12872762217377_thumb.jpg

I like the changes, thanks for this and it works perfectly (hopefully) into my request. I was thinking since I have a compass in my rearview mirror of getting rid of the compass on the screen. Can you tell me how to just delete it out? Can't wait for it to be done.

You should be able to get rid of the compass by deleting this code from 'navigatemap_800_480.ui'

;COMPASS

Hello Master ABB. I have a request that would reduce auto folder in the 3D view? Thank you, Pat

Sorry, I dont know what you mean???? Are you talking about the car image in 3D view?

Congratulation Abb, very nice indeed with all those icons, I like it very much with the chrome theme, so I guess I will stick with it for a while (a long while).

If it is not too late, I would suggest grouping the RETURN TO HOME, SPLIT INFO SCREEN, SPEEDOMETER together by moving the AV BUTTON. So when there is no GPS signal, this group of 3 icons will disappear from the screen at the same spot, which should make the layout better.

Can't wait for it to come out ...

Congratulation Abb, very nice indeed with all those icons, I like it very much with the chrome theme, so I guess I will stick with it for a while (a long while).

If it is not too late, I would suggest grouping the RETURN TO HOME, SPLIT INFO SCREEN, SPEEDOMETER together by moving the AV BUTTON. So when there is no GPS signal, this group of 3 icons will disappear from the screen at the same spot, which should make the layout better.

Can't wait for it to come out ...

Yeah, I hear yah, but it is kinda too late as it is all done. I just need to take some pics and I will have it up tomorrow after work. I will move them though with the next update. I never really thought about it because I always have a GPS signal. That is why I never realized the problem with the phone. Lol, we have no tunnels here

I like the changes, thanks for this and it works perfectly (hopefully) into my request. I was thinking since I have a compass in my rearview mirror of getting rid of the compass on the screen. Can you tell me how to just delete it out? Can't wait for it to be done.

You should be able to get rid of the compass by deleting this code from 'navigatemap_800_480.ui'

;COMPASS

Thanks for the reply. I forgot I changed computers and don't have the program to edit this anymore, what program are you using? (i forget cause I haven't done it in awhile.)