AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

No, I believe this is within the mapping software and this cannot be altered. That is where the mapchanger comes in, just switch over to TA maps. The NT signs are a little big but I find that they are much more detailed than TA

Yeah, but I know however that TA's POI for Canada is 40 MB and NT's POI is only a mere 8.5 MB. I don't know why there is such a difference.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abb.Is it possible to select a vehicle type with your mod ie car,lorry etc?

Yes, go on any of IDT's mods and in the first post there is a section with his 3D cars. It also has a download for several other 3D cars with explanation on how to change them. You have to manually change them, as this cannot be done within the program

Sorry I don't think i explained it clearly.I meant can you change the vehicle type for planning purposes like you can in some other mods.You can select different vehicles eg lorry which i then presume will plan a route avoiding narrow roads.thanks.

Sorry I don't think i explained it clearly.I meant can you change the vehicle type for planning purposes like you can in some other mods.You can select different vehicles eg lorry which i then presume will plan a route avoiding narrow roads.thanks.

From my knowledge, only Diaftia's upcoming new V3.x will have this feature.

From my knowledge, only Diaftia's upcoming new V3.x will have this feature.

OK Chuck,thanks for your reply.

abb, awesome mod. I have been an IDT follower since he started putting his mods up but tried this for a change of pace and hte options you give. However, one problem that must be embedded in IDTs info somewhere maybe you can help me out.

Here is the error I get, I click "ok " and it goes away and nav seems to work fine as far as I can tell, hopefully I get this right enough for you to help:

FFUIERROR: unknown object identifier

Identifier [txt_date]

script "sc_IDTnavtext_color_green" comand 12

Can you possibly tell me how to fix that?

Thanks

Try deleting all your save files in 'userdata'. It is looking for a green text that was present before you installed the mod and now isnt. deleting your prior cache will get rid of that.

I also have same problem . If I don’t change text color in navi settings all works nice but when I try to change yellow color I have same error .I delete save files from userdata/igo/save. Thanks for any help

hi.Has anyone got to the bottom of this yet?Even after deleting save folder i get the FFUIERROR whenever i try to change the custom colours.The rest of the mod is working superbly and it is only this that is causing a problem.

hi.Has anyone got to the bottom of this yet?Even after deleting save folder i get the FFUIERROR whenever i try to change the custom colours.The rest of the mod is working superbly and it is only this that is causing a problem.

Clear your save folder. Can't do custom colors with this mod so leave it at default.

Clear your save folder. Can't do custom colors with this mod so leave it at default.

OK thanks.Didn't realise you couldn't change the colours because the option to change is still there.Thanks for the info.

OK thanks.Didn't realise you couldn't change the colours because the option to change is still there.Thanks for the info.

That is a part of the mod that I did not venture into, so I did not remove it as I didnt think that anybody would even consider using it.

but yeah, just leave it at default.

For those of you who are interested, attached are the updated file to work with Abb's new V1.02. I will also request Abb to add those changes to his final nav mod in a later time.

Just replace the original files in their respective folder under ui_pioneer\800_400\ui and ui_pioneer\common\ui.

The onscreen MENU button is shown only when Navi Settings->Custom->Fading Percentage is set to 100%. In this case after the buttons faded out, you can press MENU to bring them up again for 5 seconds or so, then faded out completely again. This is the original spirit of Abb's MENU button.

For other percentages such as 75%, 50% and 25%, since all buttons are visible, the MENU button is not shown. This is an option for those who want the beautiful buttons remain visible.

Thanks Chuck, the 'Navigatemap.ui' file you can disregard as mine in the V1.02 is already set up for that. I am going to set the next update for this as I have made a few changes and I am going to incorporate it all into a complete update. I am testing it now and it is working great as I have made a few other changes as well which includes a direct link to the mapchanger so that you do not have to go to all the menus to change the map. I just want to make sure that everything is 100% before I post this, but I am really liking it so far. Chuck, that was a great idea with the fading and it will now be set up so that a person can make the choice to go back and have the icons permanently on the screen and choose the amount of fade, Thanks! it will be up shortly. I just need some time off work to get alll the testing done.

Thanks for your nice words Abb. Like many others, I was browsing the forum since beginning of February and only sign-on lately because I want to share my ideas with your great mod from IDT's. I believe there are many others in this situation (not signed-on yet), but really appreciate the works of many modders in this forum, whose have spent countless hours of their free time to make the unit software better. Thank you again.

As for the navigatemap.ui, I believe that there is still 5 differences within our files, where I call the either btn_AbbMenu.hide or btn_AbbMenu.show in function of the fade settings.

As for the MapChanger, if the icon is going to occupy some real-estate of the screen (you want to keep it clean), I would say that we may spare that one because this is a function that we use very rarely, and when we do, we don't mind to go deep into the settings.

Another idea would be getting ride of the CURRENT SPEED that is under the MENU button during navigation. I just feel this to be a field coming from nowhere (only during navigation) and not really aligned with anything in the screen, as it is now, unless you want to put it into a white box YOUR SPEED like in other mods. If you want to do so, just make sure that it will not overlap with the SPEED LIMIT sign, when available. If you don't display the CURRENT SPEED altogether, I think that no one will miss it, as it is also available for selection from one of the displayed fields during navigation ... a little small in text size, but who looks at it during navigation anyway.

Awaiting your final release my friend :D:D:D .

As for the MapChanger, if the icon is going to occupy some real-estate of the screen (you want to keep it clean), I would say that we may spare that one because this is a function that we use very rarely, and when we do, we don't mind to go deep into the settings..

Actually, I redesigned everything so it actually looks cleaner and neater. The mapchanger is a feature that I use frequently as here in Canada it is hit and miss to which map is better. I travel between Toronto and Kingston and both maps have their advantages and disadvantages.

Another idea would be getting ride of the CURRENT SPEED that is under the MENU button during navigation. D .

I already done that in the version that I am testing as there was no room for it while navigating because it does interfere with the 'speedlimit' sign, so it is gone. I think that everyone will like this version better as it looks a little tidier and more functional for me.

Awaiting your final release my friend :D:D:D .

Lol, there is no such thing as final , there will ALWAYS be something new to add :)

Abb, a couple of things ...

1) The TURN RESTRICTION sign is always shown in the speedometer screen, without regard to the map display info setting in setup.

2) After pressing RETURN (usually upper left corner) from one of the function involked by the menu buttons (map screen), the display always return to the screen set by iGo8 and not the place where it was involked (the map screen in this case). Is it possible to create a boolean variable telling the system that the previous screen is MAP, so upon RETURN, you go back to the MAP screen instead?

3) Is it possible to add a "selectable" default screen so that everytime the system power-up, it will return to it (say, the speedometer)?

4) I don't understand why the phone button showing/hiding is dependent on the availability of the GPS signal. When there is no GPS signal, the phone icon disappear from the MAP. Is this normal?

5) I see there is a dimmed RETURN key on the lower-left corner in the speedometer screen, used to return to the MAP screen. Is this intented?

Thanks.

Abb, a couple of things ...

1) The TURN RESTRICTION sign is always shown in the speedometer screen, without regard to the map display info setting in setup.

Turn it off in the settings. The turn restriction has not worked properly in ANY Nav mod since the new igo. That is why there is the option to turn it off. In my opinion, it should not even be included in these mods as it has not worked properly.....ever!

2) After pressing RETURN (usually upper left corner) from one of the function involked by the menu buttons (map screen), the display always return to the screen set by iGo8 and not the place where it was involked (the map screen in this case). Is it possible to create a boolean variable telling the system that the previous screen is MAP, so upon RETURN, you go back to the MAP screen instead?

This should only happen when in the Phone menu, Nav settings. There is nothing that can be done about that as it is defaulted to go back to the previous screen in that menu. Instead of hitting the return button, just hit the hardware 'map' button

3) Is it possible to add a "selectable" default screen so that everytime the system power-up, it will return to it (say, the speedometer)?

It is possible, I would imagine, but complicated and out of my league. The person that would probably be able to tell you the answer would be BorisM

4) I don't understand why the phone button showing/hiding is dependent on the availability of the GPS signal. When there is no GPS signal, the phone icon disappear from the MAP. Is this normal?

Hmmm, I usually have the GPS signal activated beofre the phone, so I dont see how either is a problem, unless you are in an area where the GPS signal is not possible such as a parking garage.

5) I see there is a dimmed RETURN key on the lower-left corner in the speedometer screen, used to return to the MAP screen. Is this intented?

yes, that is part of the total distance that is displayed there. It is just there to identify the numerical digit and not get it confused with another distance reading from the navigation

Hi,

in the first place I want to thank ABBemu for his work :!::D

And I ask - after uploading the first version worked TMC, not now .... Delay sometime, somehow a mistake??

Advance thanks for the reply Pat

There was no changes from the first version compared to the second that should change that. I dont get TMC, or MSN DIRECT, so I have no way of testing it