AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V2.75 for 'Chrome Theme' - Upd. July 7 '10

That would be too easy, all you have to do is add the three buttons to the code in the common folder and delete the invisible layer and the button in the Navigate.UI in the 800_480 folder. That is it

Thanks Abb. To delete the invisible layer, I removed the following code from navigatemap_800_480.ui, then all the buttons are therefore part of the layer ui_NavigateMapButtons, is this the right thing to do?

I also commented out this code in the same file:

And just curious, where is the time constant of 5 seconds that you put to make the buttons disappear.

Many thanks.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just curious, where is the time constant of 5 seconds that you put to make the buttons disappear.

Many thanks.

it is right here

[codeshow, 500 ui_MenuButtons.HIDE' ][/code]

500 is the time in miliseconds that the menu shows, so 500 = 5 sec.

if you wqant it to be 4 sec, then just change it to 400, or if you want 10 sec, just change it to 1000

Thanks abb, i remembered to clear the saved files when I went into testmode, but forgot at the end, so that worked.

One last problem it seems as I ran it for about 1/2 hour today and everything else seems great. It won't maintain my smartzoom settings, I turn it on and it reverts to off once the vehicle is shut down. Anyway to keep that on always so i don't have to go in and change the settings everytime I turn the car on? Reason is I prefer the horizon to be showing and it doesn't show unless the zoom is on.

Thanks abb, i remembered to clear the saved files when I went into testmode, but forgot at the end, so that worked.

One last problem it seems as I ran it for about 1/2 hour today and everything else seems great. It won't maintain my smartzoom settings, I turn it on and it reverts to off once the vehicle is shut down. Anyway to keep that on always so i don't have to go in and change the settings everytime I turn the car on? Reason is I prefer the horizon to be showing and it doesn't show unless the zoom is on.

Just turn the 'smart zoom' off and adjust the zoom with hardware button and adjust the tilt with the onscreen level. Once you got it where you want it, it will be there to stay

Hi Abb,

Based on what your told me, I have performed some changes to two of your files, mainly to achieve the following personal preference.

The onscreen MENU button is shown only when Navi Settings->Custom->Fading Percentage is set to 100%. In this case after the buttons faded out, you can press MENU to bring them up again for 5 seconds or so, then faded out completely again. This is the original spirit of your MENU button purpose.

For other percentages such as 75%, 50% and 25%, since all buttons are visible, the MENU button is not shown. I believe that there might be people who want those beautiful buttons remain visible :D .

I thought that it might be something good to include in your next update, so I don't have to reapply my changes again :mrgreen: , and because I want to continue to use your updated nav mod.

Thanks for your considerations.

Updated: This attachment is only valid for Abb's Nav Mod V1.0 and V1.01. Update for V1.02 is in page 4.

Chuck's preference on Abb's Nav Mod.zip

Hi Abb,

Based on what your told me, I have performed some changes to two of your files, mainly to achieve the following personal preference.

The onscreen MENU button is shown only when Navi Settings->Custom->Fading Percentage is set to 100%. In this case after the buttons faded out, you can press MENU to bring them up again for 5 seconds or so, then faded out completely again. This is the original spirit of your MENU button purpose.

For other percentages such as 75%, 50% and 25%, since all buttons are visible, the MENU button is not shown. I believe that there might be people who want those beautiful buttons remain visible :D .

I thought that it might be something good to include in your next update, so I don't have to reapply my changes again :mrgreen: , and because I want to continue to use your updated nav mod.

Thanks for your considerations.

P.S.: Since I don't know how to attach files in my post, I will try to PM you my two changed files.

I tried doing a little work on that, however, I am having problems with the 'AV hide' buttons, and adding them to this. I will experiment further when I have some free time.

I tried doing a little work on that, however, I am having problems with the 'AV hide' buttons, and adding them to this. I will experiment further when I have some free time.

While you're here, I just found a discrepency too. When navigating, the space that you used to display the current speed on the left edge of the screen is also used by IDT to display the lane info (just underneath the STOP and MUTE navigation buttons). So they overlap each other when lane info is becoming available.

Hope that I explain clear enough this problem! :P

While you're here, I just found a discrepency too. When navigating, the space that you used to display the current speed on the left edge of the screen is also used by IDT to display the lane info (just underneath the STOP and MUTE navigation buttons). So they overlap each other when lane info is becoming available.

Hope that I explain clear enough this problem! :P

Can you post a pic? I live in Canada and we dont have speed cameras or lane info that is displayed, or even buildings on the GPS for that matter. That is why I really did not want to do this mod, because I have no way of testing all possibilities

Disregard my join date, been lurking around here for a looong time. I had a theme on my old 2.0 and did full blown 3.0x upgrade last night and basically I am looking for a new theme. I already got the chrome on my main menus etc, but I can't get the chrome "Navi" mod to work. I tried many diff things and I can't seem to get it to work.

It seems like every theme is a little diff in the way its uploaded. Also does this do a Software Bypass ? I have the hardware bypass, its worked for over a year fine- but with 3.0X upgrade it makes my navigation and phone usage while driving not possible. Thanks !

Can you post a pic? I live in Canada and we dont have speed cameras or lane info that is displayed, or even buildings on the GPS for that matter. That is why I really did not want to do this mod, because I have no way of testing all possibilities

Well, I am your neighboor, I live in Montreal Canada. I use NavTeq map but POI and building files from TeleAtlas, and surrounding Montreal, I have sign posts, lane info (only when navigating of course) and buildings. We have speed cameras too (I believe in Ontario, you no longer have speed cameras by law :lol: ). I believe that if you drive to Ottawa or Toronto, you should have all of that too, except speed cameras, but you can still use existing cameras databases to find highway or city speed traps.

When navigating, lane info is available (additional to the sign posts). Lane info was placed immediately underneath the CANCEL + MUTE buttons, while sign posts are on the top of the screen, overlapping ui_MenuButtons layer when sign post is available. Lane info is illustrated as little green or red arrows to indicate which lane to take.

If this is still not clear, I will try to get a photo while driving ... please let me know.

Disregard my join date, been lurking around here for a looong time. I had a theme on my old 2.0 and did full blown 3.0x upgrade last night and basically I am looking for a new theme. I already got the chrome on my main menus etc, but I can't get the chrome "Navi" mod to work. I tried many diff things and I can't seem to get it to work.

It seems like every theme is a little diff in the way its uploaded. Also does this do a Software Bypass ? I have the hardware bypass, its worked for over a year fine- but with 3.0X upgrade it makes my navigation and phone usage while driving not possible. Thanks !

I would suggest using the stock software, make sure that it works for your new 3.0x before adding another nav mod to the HU, because it could well be a problem related to the 3.0x upgrade itself.

One day at a time :D .

Well, I am your neighboor, I live in Montreal Canada. I use NavTeq map but POI and building files from TeleAtlas, and surrounding Montreal, I have sign posts, lane info (only when navigating of course) and buildings. We have speed cameras too (I believe in Ontario, you no longer have speed cameras by law :lol: ). I believe that if you drive to Ottawa or Toronto, you should have all of that too.

When navigating, lane info is available (additional to the sign posts). Lane info was placed immediately underneath the CANCEL + MUTE buttons, while sign posts are on the top of the screen, overlapping ui_MenuButtons layer when sign post is available. Lane info is illustrated as little green or red arrows to indicate which lane to take.

If this is still not clear, I will try to get a photo while driving ... please let me know.

Lol, biggest city that I live near by is Kingston, and theres no signs there. With TA maps, I will have a speed limit sign on the 401, but that is it, not with Navteq. So, are the signs and signposts just covering the current speed, or are they covering the icons as well? Yeah, a pic would be great, so that way I will have something that I can work around. Thanks

Lol, biggest city that I live near by is Kingston, and theres no signs there. With TA maps, I will have a speed limit sign on the 401, but that is it, not with Navteq. So, are the signs and signposts just covering the current speed, or are they covering the icons as well? Yeah, a pic would be great, so that way I will have something that I can work around. Thanks

You are correct to point out that speed limits are not available with NT map, at least here in Canada. I will try to take a photo of the screen during my return from work this afternoon.

So, are the signs and signposts just covering the current speed, or are they covering the icons as well? Yeah, a pic would be great, so that way I will have something that I can work around. Thanks

Abb, another idea would be for you to simulate a route, with NavTeq map and signpost and laneinfo turned ON, from:

1100 Rue Courval

Lachine, Quebec H8T 3P5

To Lachine City Center.

You will see right after entering the 13 Highway (approx. 1 KM from the starting point) the overlapping of CURRENT SPEED + LANEINFO, on the left edge of the screen. See both since current speed is translucide.

Only with my two modified files embedded, if you have set fading percentage to something else than 100%, you will also see the overlapping of the highway signposts over the buttons. HW signposts are opaque so it hides underneath buttons completely.

Let me know.